Give me one reason why smoke can't be the fabled Darth Plagueis the Wise

Give me one reason why smoke can't be the fabled Darth Plagueis the Wise

JJ Abrams

Excuse me?

He is. Reysy Reydley spoiled that in the SWC.

Pablo Hidalgo said he isn't.

Pablo dodges the question literally every time. He always responds with cryptic bullshit like "Plagueis died at the hands of his apprentice" or similar answers. Even when he was asked straight out of Snoke ISNT Plagueis he wouldn't give an answer.
That alone is enough evidence for me desu.b

he can't confirm or deny directly, that's the problem. But for real, I think it would be pretty bad if Snoke turns out to be Plagueis, you know, how about creating new characters?

snoke is sheev who survived after being thrown down the plasma shaft but received even more disfiguring burns.

he adopted the name "snoke" so that luke sky walker would not come after him

Most likely because their not sure who they want him to be yet

Because that would coincide with lore, and lore is for fat neckbeards, now watch as this beam of light splits into 4 and this one guy goes from dead in a pit to in a x-wing in less than a half a day.

>why

Because it would be fucking pointless to keep it a mystery if it isn't somebody who already exists.

Creating a new character in this part of the franchise would be stupid. They would need to make him more threatening than the emperor which devalues the original trilogy. Making him a sith lord that was mentioned all the way back in the prequel trilogy really wraps everything together nicely and has good poetry.

You guys are retarded. All JJ is involved with is directing the first movie in the trilogy

>you know, how about creating new characters?
Then make them new characters. Mystery and coincidence in a franchise like this does not help.

Rey needs to be a Skywalker otherwise her extreme power comes out of nowhere. Conversely Kylo Ren could have been a literal who and still work.

J.J. could be in Star Wars.

He could be Vader's other lost apprentice Lorekiller.

I thought Disney was turning it's back on prequal lore, plagueis was only mentioned by Sheeeeeeeeev in ep3

hmmm, no, the point is to keep us speculating. so, according to you, Star Wars is doomed to recycling forever, uh.

Snoke is A Keeper of the Whills. That's why Disney started mentioning them again in the Force Awakens novel and in Rogue One material.

Because if he was actually wise he wouldn't have let a bunch of rebels blow up his planet sized battlestation

He's a what-now?

a willy keeper

>Rey needs to be a Skywalker otherwise her extreme power comes out of nowhere.

Rey can be a Force baby made by Snoke like Anakin as by the Force. It's the perfect revelation to rip off ESB in the next movie.

Too interesting for disney, expect boring new character.

Considering this is supposed to be the last trilogy before we are doomed to spin-offs forever, I think that it would be a terrible decision to make the new villain a new character, instead of making him someone who was forshadowed in the first arc of the saga

Snoke is either Mace Windu, after becoming permanently disfigured from Sheeve's force lightening, or he is Plagueis who transfered his soul into Vaders body.

Can he be the person on the right?

>Giving Plagueis a nose

Fuck anyone who think Muun's should have noses

That's Sheevs gf you idiot

Beacause we don't have a canon image or race of Darth Plagueis the Wise, only his name and part of his story. Saying Snoke can't be Plagueis because they don't look alike is stupid, we don't know how Pagueis looks like.

Snoke isn't Plagueis though, I in fact don't even believe Plagueis existed, I think it was all bs Palpatine told Anakin to seduce him to the Dark Side

because, luckily, disney is avoiding prequel garbage like the plague

More like
>disney is avoiding prequel garbage like the Plagueis

The main villain of Disney's star wars show is Darth Maul

>implying that Snoke isn't Darth Maul

Sheev has a gf?

Probably that dude that let Darth Vader know of Krennic's arrival in Rogue One.

does the nu-canon ever tell you who those 2 people are?

Snoke = Mace Windu
Snoke = Jar Jar

>Snoke = Mace Windu
prove it

Yes. The one on the left shows up quite a few times actually

so who are they?

We never actually see Windu and JarJar in the same room...

I guess that scar on his head is where the doctors removed 14 inches of skull, huh?

When you decide to rehash the original storyline from episode IV in the way they did, you kinda have to in order to avoid some glaring plot holes. And to keep the fans speculating by misleading fans with all the coincidental evidence that points towards Plagueis or the other older Sith Lords is going to sour the big reveal if it's completely original.

Like other Anons have pointed out, for someone to be powerful enough to create a multi-planet destroying device the size of a small planet, be a Sith Lord, and control one of the larger remnants of the Empire, having him come out of nowhere as a completely original character that saw the rise and fall of the Empire begs the question of where was he the whole time.

The Plagueis route gives a satisfying answer to that.

Episode 8 is more than halfway done. I'm pretty sure they finally settled on the main points of Snoke's backstory. Otherwise, he remains forever mysterious.

TCW is canon

Just sheevs personal assistants. Blue boy is pretty fucking cucked. Neither of them are particularly important, but they are used to do things like go to meetings and such in place of palpy

>the point is to keep us speculating

Do you even hear yourself?

What would be the point of speculating about someone who has never been mentioned anywhere in the Star Wars universe or even Expanded Universe before?

because we don't know! It doesn't matter if Snoke is someone George Created, or Disney created, we don't know! So we'll have threads like this one, we speculate, we make up theories.
Maybe the new movies will be just like the Original Trilogy. We don't know! That's the point, to keep us talking about the movies.

THIS THIS THIS

There is no reason Snoke should be wrapped up in this much mystery if he's just going to be a brand new character. Disney is fully aware that having zero payoff would be a huge letdown

hm, you do have a point. We'll soon find out.

see
Snoke is mysterious so that we keep talking about the movies, and keep giving Disney money. It's not about the story guys, they run a business.

Disney isn't stupid and will not pander to autistic nerds they already have in their back pocket.

To be more specific Plagueis is a shitty obscure character that no one but EUfags care about.

There is no reason to hide Snoke's identity if he is Plagueis because it is not a twist anyone but autists would care about.

The twist is coming in 8, because Disney can't help but to rip ESB off, but it will be about the nature of Rey and/or Kylo's history/relationship.

EUfags and prequelfags are so stupid it hurts.

What are the odds that Kylo Ren will be replaced as Snoke's apprentice by one of the other members of the Knights of Ren, and be forced to work with the good guys?

Cause Disney has no idea who the fuck that is.

Tobi=Obito

That is barely true. While it's good that people are talking about it from a marketing standpoint, Disney knows you can't keep a franchise alive on marketing alone. Having Snoke be someone new would create bad word of mouth. There is a reason Marvel doesn't take this whole mystery route

It would take away from Sheev's character just to have "dude, he was the Emperor's master, epik right?".
Disney shit is fan fiction anyway.

Also, there is no Snoke "mystery." It's an artifical mystery brought up by EUfags who want him to be some EU faggot. Disney never even hinted he is a returning character, and if fact has done the opposite in nuEU.

He's an OC character and he isn't important enough in the context of the new trilogy for a twist either because the story isn't about him.

Snoke is Vader's butler from R1. Duh.

he will be something boring like an all new character. Star Wars is so bland , perfect for fat autist man children with beards who want to hide from the painful world of girls and dating

Marvel is different, you can just Google about the comics read the entire plot of the next 10 movies.

I don't really see the transition between Anakin (who never left a man behind and treated them like family) to Vader (who kills them at the slightest infraction and treats them like replaceable droids)

Palpatine said his apprentice killed him

Snoke = Tarkin

ITT: Nerds who want to see Sheev master on screen to satisfy their nerds wet dreams.

For reals guys, Plagueis is dead.

If the sole point is just to induce speculation, why have the evidence point so hard towards one character in the SW universe? It would make more sense to have more ambiguity to foster greater speculation and to limit the impact of fans being pissed if their fan theory is wrong. If the evidence points towards one guy, you are going to have pissed off fans when Disney reveals the big baddie is just some run-of-the-mill faggot.

What everyone else is saying is that the reason for everything pointing towards Plagueis is that... it's foreshadowing the return of Plagueis as Master of the Dark Side. To not reveal everything invites mystery and speculation, which does add to the tension of waiting for the next movie and definitely Disney's intent, but foreshadowing is the bigger part.

Wow sheev also said that Plagueis dabbled in bringing the dead back to life so...

>If the sole point is just to induce speculation
post proofs

I don't know, why don't you ask what the scrip writer meant when he wrote it?

Oh George already said it's an ambiguous throwaway line that was never meant to be taken literally.

But EUniggers just can't help but writing fan fiction about every background character in every scene.

He didn't. He also said he himself did not know how to do it so...

>Plagueis is dead.
"He betrayed and murdered your father."
They can retcon Vader, they can retcon literal who to normies plaguess.

He's Syfo Dias

> (OP)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Pablo dodges the question literally every time.

He's not Plagueis.

Honestly, I don't care that much to see the return of Sidious' master, but I'm not going to ignore the evidence which has most consistently pointed towards him over all others.

The other option is for Snoke to be a random bad guy who appears out of nowhere.

This reminds me of when Sup Forums was with Skullface from Metal Gear Solid V.

All because he had scares and from. long running franchise, people had a million theories of how he could of been so many different characters.

When in reality, he was just a new character.

I predict the same for Snoke. People really stretching with theories of him being Mace Windu etc.

It's just a new character.

this

please see

but it would be cool if Snoke was Windu

>Windu prides himself on being able to channel his anger during fights without falling to the Dark Side
>falls to the Dark Side after losing to Sheev
I warned you, bro! I warned you about the Dark Side!

Disney almost outright stated he is a new character in nuEU anyway.

So much this.

>mfw I know who Snoke is but if I tell you guys I'll just get a bunch of "literally who?" responses
I'll just keep it to myself.

Try us

>tfw I'm actually involved in the production of episode 8 but don't brag about it since no one will believe me
>I actually really do know who Snoke is but no point risking my job to inform people who won't believe me
They will figure out in time. In the meantime me and you and just watch and laugh at these fags

>tfw I'm actually involved in the production of episode 8
>tfw when I know he is an original character
>tfw when nerds are going to be disappointed he is nobody they know
>tfw nerds are so desperate for him to be their favorite fan fiction character they go online to pretend they are you
Pretty good feel.

GIVE ME ONE INDICATION THAT PLAGUEIS EXISTS OUTSIDE OF PALPATINE LYING TO ANAKIN

>Rey, I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Technically he is "canon" since he was mentioned in the Tarkin book. But that only happened because they guy who wrote Tarkin wrote Plagueis and he sneaked him in.

Disney has shown no indication they give a fuck about him or that they have any plans for him.

Win.

He must be Darth Bane, the Sith Lord who learned to transfer his own essence by studying the holocron of the ancient Darth Andeddu. He implemented the rule of 2 in which the apprentice must kill the master to gain the mantle of Sith Lord. What the apprentice doesn't know is that Darth Bane will transfer his essence upon his death to his apprentice's newer stronger body.

Over a thousand years, Darth Bane continues to fool his apprentices under the rule of two, continuously possessing stronger and stronger bodies until he gains Sheev's body. With his 1 thousand year plan coming to fruition -- effectively immortal beings can plan this far ahead -- he destroys the Jedi order.

During the OT, Darth Bane in Sheev's body is looking for a new apprentice to possess since Darth Vader went and fucked himself up. He finds Luke Skywalker and goads him to strike him down -- not only bring him to the dark side but to possess him as well. This fails because faggot Vader throws him down the pipe, but you can watch his essence transfer to Vader as he falls when his powers hit Vader and cause his skull to become visible.

Because he is weak in Vader's body, he cannot immediately take control and must endure Vader being burnt during his funeral. Because he has been in possession of previous apprentices who have the ability to extend life (Darth Plagueis for example), he is able to come back in Vader's horribly disfigured body by now.

At this point, he could have gained a new body and that could be the current Snoke since that wouldn't contradict anything between Ep VI and VII.

t. Pablo Hidalgo

the thousand years plan is not canon anymore user. Bane is, he showed up on Clone Wars, but not the plan.

Also, that thing about changes bodies would be just like Vitiate, the Immortal Emperor of the Sith, also not canon.

Vader's body was burned

It's already confirmed Snoke is the boy that killed the girl near the force tree. Don't know why you guys continue to debate when we already know

If he is, they've already fucked it up by naming him "Snoke". I don't see why he'd take on a new name and if they try to make a reveal out of the fact that he's actually Darth Plagueis, it'll fall completely flat because audiences don't fucking know who that is and it doesn't really carry any shocking revelations with it.

2/10

Canon still has him creating the rule of two over a thousand years BBY.

I'm looking forward to your tears when 8 drops then

Darth Plagueis is is sith name. Like how Dookus sith name is Darth Tyranus

He's not. He's the "dark side" that was expunged from Anakin when he died. Snoke is Darth Vader.

kek I'm sure 8 will suck dick, but even Disney won't go full EU fan fiction in the movies

Okay, that would still be a dumb decision to call him by a new name and save the "reveal" for later. It'll mean absolutely nothing to 99% of audiences.

Dude, that's deep. Bravo Disney.

Interesting theory.