Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe so far.

Had 6 seasons to develop character, rather than 3 shoddy films that made Anakin's fall to the darkside seems janky and forced as fuck. Lots of cool world-building, plus we got to see the war from the Clones' point of view.

Ahsoka was a great character and the episode where she leaves the order is one of the greatest episodes of television, ever.

So, in short, I like it.

bump?

Really good

Got cancelled leaving a bunch of loose story threads which is really irritating.

I'm about to start the binge

I've been watching some Rebels but I find it too kids-friendly. I hear TCW has some rad stuff in it

Better than the movies

>greatest episodes of television, ever.
it's good for a cartoon but jesus no

The cartoon clone wars series is really fucking dope. I haven't watched the cgi one yet.

>the medium in which the story is told has more significance than the story itself

Make sure you look up the official canon episode order
Yes they released these episodes out of order

The blue alien in the cowboy hat.

What's his name?

Why does he wear the hat?

This IS the CGI one, it's just a drawn picture of the characters.

Just watch every episode. Yes there are weak episodes and even entire arcs that are shit. Just watch them.

If you can't stomach the worst parts of a show, then it isn't worth watching in my opinion.

It's a cartoon for kids. It's not deep, you manchild.

It's amazing that this show is actually able to make the prequel about 10 times better.

Episode 3 is like a whole different movie if you watch it as the finale to The Clone Wars instead of the sequel to Episode II.

It's an animated feature for all-ages, it isn't specifically written for or aimed at kids.

He's a bounty hunter, Kad Bane (inb4 big guy). Seperatists hire him for a lot so he's a reoccurring character. Smart guy, downs a couple of nameless jedi and makes the rest look incompetent. He's bald and looks a lot better with the hat. Plus he's got some great voice acting and vocal synthesizing.

I heard he's considered a pretty big guy amongst Separatists circles.

that breathing apparatus he appears to be wearing...what would happen were it to malfunction or fall off?

Don't jump at bait user. It's what they want.

That's exactly the point. It's pretty powerful compared to other cartoons, but if you tried to compare it to the potency of some live action television, it'd fall immensely short.

In other words if TCW were a live action series it would be the ultimate Star Wars kino?

Why do they keep going to the same planets all the time?

I'm rewatching the prequels before I go see Rogue One. I'm kind of curious about Clones Wars, how long does it take to marathon?

I'm not a huge fan of cartoons though

100% right,nothing elese in the SW universe comes close 2 it as a story

It's very slow in its start but it really got me hooked around season 3. My biggest gripe about this show was how they coped out order 66 to be an implant in the clones heads. Even more "copey"? (lack of a better word) out is the fact that Rex was able to get his chip out. Rex was Anakins most loyal soldier and I felt like he wouldve been standing right next to him slaughtering younglings.

There are only 3-4 important planets in the whole galaxy ... this or budget problems, CGI is expensive even for Disney.

I'm on episode 17 right now, it's pretty good. But why in the hell did episode 6 (I think, it's the one where Anakin and Ahsoka have to rescue R2) look so fucking bad? The color was off, animations were stiff

where's the helicopter webm

That's in Rebels.

Where's the WebM where Ahsoka cuts off 4 mandalorian heads with one swing?

Took me a month or two but I watch things slowly. You could probably watch it faster if you are used to binging tv.

It's worth watching. Definitely better than the prequels past season 1

Early seasons have very poor budgets. I believe it was before Lucas gave the team infinite funds like he did in the later seasons. Just fucking wait until season 5, it looks like a Pixar film

Cad Bane

because he looks 50% less of a badass without it

the dude solo'd two plot armoured jedi and managed to get away

>the dude solo'd two plot armoured jedi

Were there any survivors?

My only thought regarding both this and Rebels is "why"?

>inb4 someone implying this is really all that different
Hideously animated children's television with some truly terrible ideas all in service of the new canon Disney has created for its horrible fucking HIV+ Star Wars universe and terrible new trilogy.

I grew up loving Star Wars, saw the original trilogy theater releases in the 90s, had already seen the true originals on VHS. Was a giant faggot about it especially as a teen. Why would you ever choose to subject yourself to any of this? For what purpose? I would rather spend my time consuming media that isn't absolute garbage.

I've done some good binges in the past, but I'm not sure I can do this fast enough to see Rogue One in theaters

I guess I'm gonna do it after I'm done with the movies. I've seen a couple episodes on TV already, it wasn't great but I always like some star wars material

it's really not that good. even the high points of the show (such as the IT AIN'T ME clone arc) are extremely flawed, like the rogue general's motivation was a huge stretch and camr put of nowhere. it does some things well but I think there are far more average or bad episodes than there are legitimately good ones.

this. best thing in the star wars franchise

is2.Sup Forums.org/tv/1483567659588.webm

$$$

TCW was entirely done by Lucas. It's like his apology letter for the prequels. Rebels is watchable, but I "subjected" myself to TCW because it was actually good.

sick as fuck, yo

>TCW was entirely done by Lucas.

Is this true? Like how deeply was he actually involved?

Yea no way you can do it in time for Rogue One.

However as strange as it sounds, hold off on rewatching Episode 3 until you finish the series.. I promise you that episode 3 is much much better better if you watch it directly following TCW. It will be worth waiting, especially if it's been a while since you watched the movie last.

Is Rebels legitimately any decent? The recent trailer got me curious but feel like it'd be too much of a kids show

Not entirely, him and Dave Filoni were the main makers though. Lucas had a HUGE HUGE HUGE influence, but I'd say it's Filonis show before George's.

George's influence did nothing but help though. Especially the budget. He let the team use pretty much as much money as they needed. Each episode cost millions of dollars thanks to George's bottomless wallet

It's okay. It's sort of childish in some areas, more mature in others. Not any more childish than the prequels themselves.

It would be very painful

this

>My only thought regarding both this and Rebels is "why"?

Toys my man.
Toys.

It's some of my favorite start wars content that's canon. Ahsoka is great

Lucas was there as an advisory role, and to pump money into it.

It really shows that it's as an advisor where he really shines.

>new mid season trailer for rebels
>tfw rebels is finally getting fleshed out and good now

True, though you can skip a lot of it.

Takes about 6 episodes to fully shrug off the kid stuff, then it starts getting entertaining.
It generally shines when it takes risks, and sucks when it plays it safe. It's also entirely serialised, so you can't really skip episodes.

Nigga what? I'd love this if I was a fucking kid who loved Episode I only for the lightsaber scene again but know... this is bullshit

>mfw 38 year old coworker keeps trying to tell me this show is good

To play the doubles advocate, they make sense in context.
They're basically there as a crutch for the Inquisitors, who are less sith and more canaries, to alert Vader when they inevitably get killed by a proper jedi.

They were trained wrong on purpose as a joke, and as such can only handle apprentices/nascent force sensitives. The spinning bit is there to unnerve people who don't know what they're doing.

rookies is kino

Bear in mind that all that said, I still think they look fucking stupid, and the hovering part was beyond retarded

Before anyone asks.

go back to Sup Forums

Space Vietnam was best arc

I'm sorry but that's kotor 2

True. It really makes anakin's fall a lot more real and order 66 more of a betrayal

And the acting in TCW is actually good. Holy shit the acting in the prequels is so fucking bad.

Did you read my post? The state of being a cartoon or live action has no effect on the quality of the show; it's the material presented. TCW is pretty great, for a cartoon. If you tried comparing it to live action shows, not so much.

If I was Anakin I totally would have fugged Ahsoka

IT AIN'T ME STARTS PLAYING

If I was Obi-Wan I totally would have fugged Ventress

TCW really did the alien batleground thing better than the movies.

Star Wars Clone Wars is pretty dope, it is before Disney got their clutches on the IP. Cartoon Network/Adult Swim over saw production and the series has some pretty violent deaths in the show and also some mature themes.

The Clone Wars premise is interesting, and great backstory. I was pissed though after Ashoka left the Jedi order due to them betraying her. Both sides are somewhat corrupt though or inefficient Jedi/sith empire/republic

TCW is not disney. Why do you think its actually great? George paid a million for each episode out of his own pocket, which is why the animation is so infinitely superior to Rebels...

>some pretty violent deaths

the acting in most of star wars is bad

That may be so, but not to the point where it's actually distracting. I can't even watch the prequels anymore because it's so bad.

the lightsaber blade is massless, it would give off no wind resistance and is therefore will not produce downforce enough (or at all) to propell you into the air

>Ahsoka straight up murdering dudes

Anakin should have dropped Padme and run off with her instead.

Why does Ahsoka's model have such huge fat lips?

For sucking cock

Who knows. They sort of fixed it in Rebels. At least they're more proportional to her face, anyways.

Mah Nigga. What happen with her anyway? I heard they fucked the comics and I haven't watched after season 3

>I think there are far more average or bad episodes than there are legitimately good ones.

I'm two seasons deep, and I have yet to hit the point where I'm thinking "Ok, this is a good show".

Mea culpa, I mean George Lucas in that one, but yeah, even it was too expensive for him, the first episodes looks a bit ugly (even if they are one of the best CGI cartoons of the time) until he sold SW to Mickey Mouse

Is Darth Maul a good guy now, or something?

I prefer the original, but Orange Buttcheeks was a nice addition.

I'm almost at the end of S1 and have a similar opinion. That fucking droid humor. That goddamn wartime newscast voice narrating at the beginning of episodes. The episodes themselves were mostly average so far with some scenes now and again that I enjoyed.

The first couple seasons aren't the best. It took a couple for the show to hit its stride. Just hold out. Trust me.

Togruta cuties in the theatrical movies when?

>order 66 arc ;-;

It's not bad for kids, but if you're an adult, there's only about 30 episodes I'd consider watching.
For every good arc, like Ahsoka being set up and leaving the Order, you get a bad arc like Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting a sharkman under water.

Friendly reminder that Vader thought of Ahsoka when he was dying.

Good.

>I could have had my hot togruta padawan instead of that aging jew hagress
>I have no legs because of this

shes a nigger, sorry, 'alien of color'

they didnt fix it, she aged