It's not that good, get over yourselves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gBqDCNPlhTM
youtube.com/watch?v=nwSA0Tckwbk
youtube.com/watch?v=48PJGVf4xqk
reddit.com/user/Linux4DaWin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Congratulations > Little Dark Age > Oracular Spectacular > MGMT

yeah, it's just a bunch of throwback garage rock shit with worse hooks. as if this sound wasn't done before 1000x.

You're an idiot and I hope you one day understand Congrats

C>MGMT>LDA>OS

yeah but this is kind of like ranking types of cancer.
not all will kill you these days, but that still doesn't mean you want to have any.

it's amazing.

Why isn't this mu-core but lda is?

What is there to "understand" about Congratulations?

It's shitty psych pop/rock, nothing particularly complex about it.

This is correct and nobody in this thread will have a constructive response to it

fuck off contrarians

not an argument

what the fuck is Ida and why is it /nu/core?

little dark age
have you been there the past few days?

I for one would like to defend this amazing album. it's not "just another shitty psych pop/rock album" it's an album that pushes the boundaries of what an album can be. songs like flash delirium and someone's missing defy categorization, they push the boundaries of the industry's formulaic standards. one of the best examples of this is the fact that the album art isn't even square! this album is a gem that just requires and open mind, and an appreciation for experimentation and a variety of genres. oh shit i forgot I was on Sup Forums for a sec

Oh I thought you were spelling Ida, as in ida. Yes, LDA is kino

it's a great album. people forget that they're a pop group signed to columbia. I'm just glad that they may a shitload of money off oracular spectacular and can make whatever they want now.

Why can't they make another song like the big 3?
Hand it over isn't it, have they lost their mojo?

I meant Me and Michael

I didn't even know these guys were still active

>mgmt is now hated thanks to all the shitposting
How feeble can your minds be? Is overexposure all it takes for you guys to hate something?

fucking go back to your shitty subreddit and stay there you fag

but that's wrong. I just listened to it twice today and can confirm that it is that good.

This kills the MGMT soyboy.

Little Dark Age is not that good. I would give it a 6/10 or 7/10. Congrats is an easy 9/10 or 10/10 though you fucking blasphemer

Flash Delirium > MGMT > LDA > OS > the rest of Congratulations

>XTC
>not soycore
NONONONONO *inhales* HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

This is the most soy-friendly XTC record though. "Dear God" in particular.

Oracular Spectacular is the best. Stop trying to be contrarian and accept it. A classic.

You can’t make this shit up.

what the fuck it's real

What were you doing there user?

why did you cross this fags name?

>HE'S LISTENING
>OoOoOOh
>HE'S LISTENING
>oOoOoOoOoh
>NOW HE'S MAKING UP HIS MIND

expose him

it is Sup Forumscore

I for one would like to defend this amazing album. it's not "just another shitty psych pop/rock album" it's an album that pushes the boundaries of what an album can be. songs like flash delirium and someone's missing defy categorization, they push the boundaries of the industry's formulaic standards. one of the best examples of this is the fact that the album art isn't even square! this album is a gem that just requires and open mind, and an appreciation for experimentation and a variety of genres. oh shit i forgot I was on reddit for a sec

W/e I still like it

perfect

this

Uhhh fuck..

Eh I didn’t wanna put him on blast. I’m at least halfway decent.

I for one would like to defend this amazing album. it's not "just another shitty synth-pop album" it's an album that pushes the boundaries of what an album can be. songs like Me and Michael and TSLAMP defy categorization, they push the boundaries of the industry's formulaic standards. one of the best examples of this is the fact that the album art is yellow! this album is a gem that just requires and open mind, and an appreciation for experimentation and a variety of genres. oh shit i forgot I was on Sup Forums for a sec

Me and Michael literally sounds like a generic M83 song

like?

It's more of them clearly wanting a new contract with LDA than them losing their mojo. Even their s/t had at least a few redeemable moments despite it being chocked full of shit

but they said they were excited to be released out of their contract and do other projects

>didn't lose their mojo
>s/t is shit
What did he mean by this?

Tbh, I don't think this album is trying to do anything new musically. But goddamn it I love it because it was such a big fuck you to everyone that thought that they would sell out post Columbia deal.

It's honest as fuck and it's what they wanted to do, not what they were told/expected to do.

And Siberian Breaks is 10/10.

>no one will have a witty response to comments that are dismissive based exclusively on genre
Complexity != Greatness
Experimentation != Greatness
You're allowed to dislike this album but dismissing it completely on the lack of complexity is asinine given that this board likes to jack off to endless trap albums.

I would agree with this. An album does not need to push boundaries to be great.

And I doubt they'll ever top Siberian Breaks as a band.

imagine being this stupid

>Complexity != Greatness
>Experimentation != Greatness

But people talk about it being better than OC because it's somehow more complex and less accessible. When in reality they just came up with a bunch of poorly written songs and one long 12 minute masturbatory jam that's just a bunch of mediocre songs stitched together without the coherency of a prog rock song.

>But people talk about it being better than OC because it's somehow more complex and less accessible
People talk about it being better than OS because OS was mediocre as fuck outside of the singles. Have you even tried to listen to the rest of OS?
Congratulations was something they as a band wanted to put out, and was more akin to the kind of sound they wanted rather than just putting out Kids or Electric Feel over and over.

>When in reality they just came up with a bunch of poorly written songs and one long 12 minute masturbatory jam that's just a bunch of mediocre songs stitched together without the coherency of a prog rock song.
Oh I see, you don't have any constructive statements yourself. Why should I bother trying to argue with you when all you want to do is insult it over and over?

>Have you even tried to listen to the rest of OS?
I have and I agree it's mediocre outside the singles. But they lost the ability to write distinctive pop songs after that and opted for throwback psych without the songwriting ability of any of their influences.

>Oh I see, you don't have any constructive statements yourself. Why should I bother trying to argue with you when all you want to do is insult it over and over?
Then justify Siberian Breaks to me. What is the point of it if it doesn't work as a prog song and doesn't have the conciseness of a pop song?

>OS was mediocre as fuck outside of the singles
Of moons, Weekend Wars, Future Reflections are better than anything on C(except maybe Flash Delirium)
And a propos Siberian breaks, I don't get it either. It's just a bunch of songs stitched together with no coherence or progression.

No one said it was complex you dolt, it's just good.

Congratulations was not straight throwback psych you moron.
Tell me these songs sound the same:
>youtube.com/watch?v=gBqDCNPlhTM
>youtube.com/watch?v=nwSA0Tckwbk
>youtube.com/watch?v=48PJGVf4xqk

And I'm not sure what you mean, I think Siberean Breaks works really well as a song. Just because it doesn't opt for the "prog music needs to tell a coherent story" route doesn't mean it doesn't work. The lyrics are pretty consistent in theme (losing yourself, not being able to run from your problems).
I can think of multiple prog songs that are even less coherent. Hell I can think of less coherent albums this board loves.

>It's Working
8/10
>Song for Dan Treacy
6/10
>Someone's Missing
8/10
>Flash Delirium
7/10
>I Found a Whistle
8/10
>Siberian Breaks
10/10
>Brian Eno
7/10
>Lady Dada's Nightmare
9/10
>Congratulations
8/10

Uh yeah, its pretty friggen good

Weekend Wars and Future Reflections are some of MGMT's weakest material. I'd take their old demo tapes and EPs over any non-single song on OS.

>dan treacy 6/10
get yo ass outta here boi
HE MADE HIS MIND UPPP
YEAH HES GONNA GET IT DONE

I'd personally put Brian Eno higher, but overall very agreeable.

one of my favorite albums from adolescence
its one of the best alternative albums from the 2010s you choutchino

>Flash Delerium
>7/10
>mfw

guys

i don't get siberian breaks

reddit.com/user/Linux4DaWin

You really went on reddit looking for him? You are as much as a fagget as the redditor. Go back

Yeah for real like why go out of your way

its definitely not complex, but i dont think it ever set out to be. its just good psych rock and there's not a ton of that these days. its not a masterpiece by any stretch, but its not a bad album

i mean, its kind of an argument, by dismissing the point as nothing more than contrarian bull shit, which 99% of opinions on this board are

I like it a lot, but it just sounds like three good songs recorded together instead of one single epic like some make it out to be,

lmao, not even MGMT likes that album, its just over produced pop rock anthems

I don't think that's true. I know for a fact they're sick of kids, time to pretend, and electric feel, but the rest of the album is still pretty solid