No Westworld thread?

No Westworld thread?

Does Sup Forums dislike this show?

art

It left quite a few questions unanswered, in typical JewJew style

It was alright, 8/10 imo.

Any one in particular that comes to mind?

The seasons over you autistic faggot.

... and? You turbosperg

Who altered Maeve's code and gave her orders to escape the park., and how that relates to those two lab tech idiots in "Processing" or whatever it's called, for one. No one can be that stupid. I'm thinking Felix was actually playing dumb and acting under someone else's orders, probably Ford's.

What was the point of Maeve's storyline?

All that build up and then she decides to go back for her make-believe daughter. I understand that it was her choice, supposedly going against what she was programmed to and giving her some humanity, but I don't understand how it fits inside the larger plot. It felt abrupt.

At least they redeemed her character though. She, together with the other two retards, almost ruined the show for me. Also why the fuck is the chinese guy STILL following her at the end? Real humans are being killed by the dozens and he just looks with a vaguely uncomfortable face? I don't know if he is a bad actor or just poorly written.

He's probably scared of her at that point.

What was the update she had them take her to get shut off for? When she sliced Sylvesters throat?

At the point where they're able to blast down entire security teams without a scratch, what as Felix's options at that point?

I'm fairly sure we have seen all there is to Felix's story. It's just poorly written. The twist was about Maeve and that's it.

Go back to reddi-t you fucking queer.

> what as Felix's options at that point?
I don't know, just run in panic or something. I mean for fuck's sake, he seemed sympathetic to Maeve by the end when he gave her the bag with stuff. He could have warned someone. It's just grating how he stands there silently with a neutral face while his innocent co-workers are getting slaughtered.

Logan

I really didnt enjoy it. I felt like they took an entire season to explain what could be explained in 2 episodes. Yes its an interesting concept but being purposefully confusing and convoluted left a sour taste in my mouth. I'll be passing on season 2

I thought it was a pretty pointless show that had 0 suspense, 0 likable characters, and added nothing knew to the "rights of possibly sentient machines" argument.

The shots looked nice and set design was good and the actors all did their job, but it was ultimately a shallow and heartless show that lacked humanity. Much like the characters who inhabited the plot.

I feel like watching Blade Runner or a single Data centered episode of Star Trek raises just as many interesting points concerning man vs machine, and in much shorter time.

Not a fan of the timeskipping?

Kill yourself.

It added so little to the overall plot, and the entire "maze" mystery was extremely pointless. A lot of the plot was pointless actually.

The maze was the best part of the show, and it tied perfectly with the end and the general theme of the show. What exactly was the problem?

isnt this the show with the uncensored bbc?

it wasnt very good. once maeve took over it was a quick decline

It was a faux mystery. A mysterious unexplained thing that a character desperately searches for which is supposed to trick the audience into thinking "there is something deeper in this game, a big hidden secret" but in the end it's just a toy/metaphor for robotic consciousness. Its just such a poor example of a macguffin meant purely to entice the audience rather than deliver on something new and creative and worthwhile.

in my opinion that is

It is explained fairly explictly that the maze was for the robots, not humans. There is a deeper, big hidden secret, which is that everything Ed Harris did was to awake the androids and help them reach consciousness through suffering. I honestly like that better than the maze being something real and physical. That would be way too videogame-y for a philosophical show, and probably would have an underwhelming explanation of why it exists.

Yes. Fuck off.

(you)

I think Mr. Black Hat wasn't important to the maze at all, he was more of a red herring for the viewer. I suppose you could argue that his radical change was an eye-opener for Dolores regarding the failings of humans, but I'm not sure if that was strictly necessary for her reaching "sentience".

My problem is not the explanation itself. I actually really think that the idea that the robots need suffering to reach consciousness is a cool one. I just think that using this fake red herring mystery of the maze was a poor way to reach that.
The nature of the maze and how vague it was at first led the viewers into thinking it was going to be some mind blowing revelation or perhaps a physical thing which would hold importance in universe of the show. But to use it just to lead it to such a small philosophical point was poor in my opinion.
I feel like a conversation between Ford and Bernard could have revealed that information without such mystery and hype.

I understood from episode 8 that MIB killing Maeve's daughter is the critical event that "awakes" her, and makes her ready to reach consciousness. Her hurting a real human is proof of that. Otherwise the scene where she slashes her throat doesn't make sense.

I suspect that it is after that that Ford starts messing with her code.

I'll probably watch season 2, but I definitely agree that just how much of season 1 was there solely to trick the viewer made it a bit dissapointing.

True, I wasn't thinking about his incident with Maeve, only his hunt for the maze. Do you suspect that Ford is the one who programmed her to escape, then?

Maybe it was to keep security and everyone else at the main building busy while he stormed the gala.

But did Maeve come back because she was programmed to, or because of her cornerstone that kept her there

>the cofounder of the park that died in a bizarre fashion's clone is walking around in a high level administrative role like 30 years later
>nobody cares
ok then

shh

Ford talks about the company erasing him from the records briefly.

The whole thing was barely off the ground at the time, so not many people know about it or about Arnold, so it was easy for them to cover up the whole "murder" thing and just not ever talk about Arnold again. Now Ford is the only one there who actually knew him.

>uhh we deleted his company file so now nobody will ever notice like anyone in government or on our board of directors etc or someone who happens to remember him or have a photo
everything about this show's writing is so lazy

Here is my take: Ford programs her to keep security busy during the robot uprising at the gala, and intends for her to go outside the world. She is just a tool for something else (I honestly liked this development because it made her trainwreck of a plotline more bearable).

But in the last minute, her newfound consciousness she decides to go back for her daughter, even if she knows it isn't really hers. It's a very human decision that proves she is acting like a real person. I'm not sure what the point of her storyline was though, and why it was given so much attention and stretched for so many episodes.

What the fuck happened to this guy

Uh, her story parallels Dolore's , both of them gain consciousness in the end. Both plots are there to show us what are the things needed to gain consciousness. its just that one of them is planned by Ford, one is not.

Scalped

Not to mention how apparently nobody notices Bernarnold not aging either. I guess he also just never takes vacations, leaves the company compound or has medical exams either?

Killed by Ghost Nation injuns. Nigga should have carried something bigger than that little Beretta.

>one of the few down-to-earth, likeable characters in the show
>killed off-screen in the most stupid way possible
>his conversation with Bernarold when he suspects something is off is actually completely pointless
Man the more I think about the show the more it starts to show flaws.

What you are saying can be still explained though. Bernard is working directly under Ford, so he doesn't need to answer to anybody outside of his creator. And Ford can just modify his skin to make him look older with time.

How much time was he working with Ford anyway?

I think Ford wants her to create a distraction, hence why she got that far and you see on the tablet when Bernard shows her that it is part of her narrative that the last step is mainland infiltration, but she gained consciousness in the process and went back to the park to see her "daughter". If security (which has been chosen by Ford to be little to no hindrance to the hosts as he hints when talking Charlotte Hale the moment he reinstated Bernard) were not busy with Meave and her party, the awakening of the decomissioned hosts and the retaking of the parc by the hosts wouldn't have worked as intended.

They didn't show his death on camera which makes me think that maybe we'll see him in Season 2. They're not shy about killing people and not showing one of the more important character's death on screen is hopefully a way to say he may not be dead.

But he wasn't really important, I can't think of a single relevant plot development that he was part of. It's like they ran out of screen time and just left his death as implicit.

The first episode suckered me into watching the rest. Abernathy was great. I didn't hate the rest (except for Maeve and that awful CEO/board member woman), but I don't really care about the 2nd season. I feel like cool sci-fi got ditched for retarded office politics way too much of the time.