Why didn't De La Soul make it as big as A Tribe Called Quest when they're honestly a lot better

Why didn't De La Soul make it as big as A Tribe Called Quest when they're honestly a lot better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LI7NDDQLvbo
youtube.com/watch?v=ufZq_IQnkAI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Skits.

They more or less did, at least in terms of chart success. There's not too much between them.

I always thought it was the other way around up until phife memedied

Amazing group but called out a lot of rappers at the time. Had beefs with Tupac and Naughty by Nature which damaged them in the hip-hop community (though I think they wanted it that way). ATCQ didn't really do that that much. Posdnous is a criminally underrated rapper, it's ridiculous

Did you know they stole from Steely Dan ..

youtube.com/watch?v=LI7NDDQLvbo

youtube.com/watch?v=ufZq_IQnkAI

They should be fined instead of celebrated. ..

Who cares?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention user. I'll have no taking from other artists in my hip-hop music.

>this post
How will De La Soul ever recover?

They also got sued by the Turtles too. Still an amazing group

Are you mocking me /

yes you fucking absolute retard

This

The skits in De La Soul Is Dead are decent tbf. Some of the ones 3 Feet are awful, I don't know who thought they'd be a good idea

The skits from de la is dead ruined the album

At least we didn't have to hear a mass orgy or Dave wanking himself off

Yea true

De La Orgy is better than literally any sex Hip Hop skit.
It's not meant to be taken seriously. And is pretty funny compared to the one on Ready To Die or 2001.

Jesus christ 2001 has the worst skits ever.

>it's ironic so it's good!
That's not how things work

He didn't say ironic, he said funny and not serious. Is all humor irony to you guys now?

He didn't say ironic but that's what they were going for when they made the skit

>he didn't say it
>quotes him

I didn't quote anybody ?