Have you ever told someone to shut up in a theater? How did they respond?

Have you ever told someone to shut up in a theater? How did they respond?

Twice.

One they actually did and didn't talk the rest of the movie. Second time they laughed and he and his faggot friends pulled out their phones and started talking louder. Went and got security and they got kicked out

I told a loud black family to please be quite

I was kicked out for hate speech against a protected minority

One time someone told me to shut up. I stand up and slapped him in the face, then I screamed: fuck you I watch this later and left.

I was watching Inception.

I told Jyn Erso to shut up during a particularly cringey part of Rogue One. I don't think she heard me.

I turned around and told this big group of teenagers who were on their phones, talking etc. to shut up and basically they went quiet for 5 minutes then walked out.

I don't understand, the theater is not a place to socialize.

No but some fat guy told me to be quiet,
I turned back throw my popcorn at him. I stood up and sat in the 4th row.

why is it so hard to not talk for 90 minutes?

I told some guy to be quiet.
He threw popcorn at met then moved to a different row.

Because the world has to revolve around them at all times

Yeah, a couple of times. If someone near me talks more than once I'll usually say something. Last time was I think during Crimson Peak, had to tell some Tom Hiddleston squeeing fangirls to keep it down.

Some nerd sitting by himself told me and my friends to shut up a few minutes ago. We threw popcorn at him until he ran out crying through the emergency exit.

I find it hard to empathize with a mindset that completely ignores the presence of all other people. This is why I can not understand people who talk in movies

I'd think it would be normal human nature to think "gee, there are other people in this room who payed with a ticket with their hard earned money and would much rather listen to the movie rather than my incessant babbling"

There were two drunk guys at the screening of Dark Knight in a small theater. They were ruining the entire experience.

Two guys stood up and went to beat the shit out of the two,
One of they already passed out after two punches. But he was beating the other guy like 6-7 times into the face. Then they kicked them both out the door.

then the two guys went back to their seats.

It was fucking awkward and the worst movie experience of my life.
that day made me hate the movie because everytime I watch it it reminds me of this incident.

Also, security came in and tried to drag the other two guys out but there was another fight. But they left.

Some peope left but I kept awkwardly watching the movie.

>Have you ever told someone to shut up in a theater?

All the time.

>How did they respond?

I honestly don't care how they feel.

I went to jail for 1 week for beating the shit out of a guy who was playing age of empires at tue screening of Jurassic World. He was much older than me though.

I went to this movie and sat in the middle and this pretty big guy sat a couple rows behind me and literally would not shut his mouth for the whole movie (this was spiderman 3)
I turned around and said, "If you stopped talking for 1 minute, would it fucking kill you bro?"
He looked at me like I did something wrong and said something like "yeah, it would actually be pretty unpleasant"
After that I just got pissed and went off on him (basically trying to insult him) and called him a really big fat prick. All he did was laugh and say "yeah but its all for you, you started this"

Holy shit I had never been so mad in my life.

First time during Star Wars Episode 3

>packed theater
>group of kids sitting next to us
>one of their cell phones rings
>kid answer it
>tell them to be quiet
>"its my mom its an emergency"
>respond "then take it outside"
>they all leave

Second time during The Dark Knight
>movie just starting
>entire audience hyped but quiet
>some asshole stands up in front of the screen
>calls himself "The Joker"
>yell out "you dyed your hair the wrong color you ginger fa

>I honestly don't care how they feel.

No but others have told me.
One time this guy told me "HEY SHUT THE FUCK UP I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING!".

I got really angry and took his popcorn box and smashed it into his face. Then I ran out the theater amd left my date there awkwardly. She left me.

Something something falcon something something singles policy

They got mad but eventually shut up. Nobody is going to ruin their own show, they will just look at you angrily when the movie is done and do jack shit.

That wasn't the question Sheldon.

Yeah see I don't believe that, your not going to waste the money and your girl over it, you will get mad but you didn't do that. You wished you did.

No, I really can't recall any times where people have been obnoxiously loud in the theater

>nig nogs talking
>tell them to shut up
>they dont
>movie theater does nothing about it
thats why i dont support theaters anymore
also
>brother driving, rolls down window
>yah noisy niggers

i mean im not really racist but i liked the idea that we ruined their day

You are very lucky.

How was he playing AoE at the cinema?

>Well I hope you weren't expecting a second date.

I went to see hacksaw ridge and this elderly woman would make the tongue clicking "tsk tsk" sound during every violent scene. Shit drove me crazy but I didn't do anything about it

I just don't go to the movies a lot :^))))

I see what you did there

Not myself but one time I was watching Spiderman 3 with my mentally challenged cousin and I had to explain to him certain things then some random guy in the bacl said like

"can't you stop talking for a fucking moment bro?!"
I turned back and I was like "I'm sorry but my cousin is disabled, I have to explain to him".

Then he looked really mad at me and called me fat fuck or something. I didn't give a shit and just laughed at his autism.

I never have, but I desperately wanted to when I saw La La Land. Two fat spergs eating everything on the menu sat next to my buddy and me and they didnt know how to breathe silently. They kept making comments to each other about the film and one would always "forget" to whisper.

I asked someone to put their phone away, or turn down the brightness. They didn't so I went and saw the theatre manager who came in and asked them to.

Ran into the manager afterwards and he gave me a full refund.

I doubt their day was ruined by a couple of white boys thinking they're tough for saying "nigger."

What is this facial expression trying to convey?

Why would you take him to a movie if it would inconvenience others?

I was once beaten to death almost after the movie.
I asled them why they were doing this and they said because I was using my phone in the theater.

I lost 2 teeth and broken nose and jaw.

He was in the right.

Homoerotic attraction coupled with sadness. It's an artistic allusion to Plato's Symposium and Thomas Mann's Death in Venice, as well as a lamentation of the things humanity lost with the enlightenment.

10/10 kino still.

where are you from?

Poland.

I threw my $18 large coca cola at loud girl. She left crying and people cheered for me. also got a free refill.

I am from the NW UK and I can say the same thing, I've never had a bad cinema experience, probably because we have few niggers

This never happened.

>2 annoying teenagers babbling mindlessly directly in front of me
>lean in between both of them
"do you mind"

silence for the rest of the movie

During the Dark Knight Rises the movie hadn't even started and me and my friend who laughs a lot were chuckling (not even loud, more like containing it), and some dude behind us kicked our seat and said "will you guys SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP" which made my friend just laugh even louder. Keep in mind, the movie hadnt started yet, but it was about to, and we were already quieting down for the movie.

Then her dad gave you $100 and a cute girl asked you out?

oh yeah, then I had to go to the bathroom and the dude behind us shot up everybody!

I went to see "The Martian" and this fucking shit movie kept playing in the background while I tried to play slither.io on my phone

Yeah, but your fat so nobody cares.

Never had a bad movie experience. Had to tell some cunt to shut the fuck up during a performance of a play. She took a fucking phone call during the middle of a performance. That's the epitome of cuntiness.

I know, man, that's why I'm always nude at the playground. Fuckin fascists ain't gonna keep ME down.

I had my snub nose .38 in plain view. People did what I asked.

>theater experience thread
>stealth bane posting breaks out

never change

If I see any Chads in the theater I'll throw pieces of popcorn at them. If they say anything I tell them to quiet down in a condescending manner or call theater security to get them thrown out. Pricks.

Lol it was legit the Dark Knight Rises though. I think I cracked a few jokes about that when I watched it.

of course you did, sweetheart

I just sick my falcon on them and watch them get mauled before running out of the theater. There is a benefit to a theater not enforcing mandatory falcon cages.

>Does this happens in your cinema too?
Nope. I demand respect. If something like that was happening and I was with my gf or sister, it wouldn't last long. I'd get up, calmly make my way to the aisle, and slowly walk towards them. Then I would grab the biggest kid by his collar and say "YOU THINK YOURE TOUGH?? Then fuckin do something, I know you want to. Fuckin do it, I want you to you disney bitchmade pussy. Not gonna do it? That's what I thought. I could smell the disney on you and your homeboys as soon as you walked into the theatre. Y'all ain't hard. Y'all ain't shit." Lol he'd probably shit himself because he's never had anyone talk to him like that before. You can't let these situations get out of control OP. Don't be bullied by little white kids like a beta.

>the NW

The North West?

If you mean the North West then say that. We're not Americans that have to shorten everything down to as few letters as possible. Stop trying to emulate Americans, they hate you because you're British.

I almost got kicked out of the theater w/ my friends at owls of gahoole for making caw sounds. (I wouldn't normally be an asshole at a movie, but there was only one other group of people at the movie, and they were just as bad

I threw a giant gobstopper at someone's head in the cinema once.

They said "ow".

Did you report them for making a noise?

That fucker needs to be taught a lesson for talking in a movie

Served you right you racist piece of shit

>took my little sister to see Alvin & The Chipmunks 5 or whatever
>midday on a weekday so we almost had the theater to ourselves
>i wasn't even watching it
>had brought my iPod and was listening to some JRE like a madman
>like halfway into the movie an entire family of Mexicans sits down
>grandma, mom dad, 7 kids, and a fucking baby
>all on an outing to view the second act of a CGI abortion
>could hear them talking and laughing at regular level when they walked in
>took out an earbud to survey the situation
>they acted like this was their fucking living room and didn't quite down
>can hear soda cans and bags of chips popping open
>think maybe they didn't notice they other people here
>decide to speak up
>"excuse me there are other people trying to watch the movie"
>father mexican pipes up loudly is some dismissive jibberish
>seemed to encourage his kids to be louder as he took out a cell phone
>friend worked for the theater and had seen him in the lobby
>texted him that there was some disruptive beans in my theater
>few minutes later the manager shows up and observes for a minute before pausing the movie and turning on the lights
>he then tells the people to leave the mom/dad flip out
>they finally leave after a few minutes of aggressive finger pointing and shouting
>finished the movie and then stayed afterward to watch Ghost Protocol with friend
>sister enjoyed that more than the chipmunk movie
he was a good friend

This verifiably, arguably, genuinely 100% happened.

I saw the Halloween remake in 2007 and some guy was talking to a girl behind us about Hostel. I turned around and shh'd him and for some reason I started tearing up. I was a real quiet and reserved person back then and I guess doing that just made me feel weird. It's embarrassing to think about, but I was only like 13 at the time.

I want to believe this one

It did
I still felt awkward the rest of the movie though

reddit.com/r/thathapened /10.

>you dyed your hair the wrong color you ginger fa
kek'd

I asked a guy to shh once and he beat me up and stole my phone

I saw some dudes getting kicked out of the theater and an employee asked for their phones first. I was perhaps wondering why they took their phones away if they were going to throw them out of the theater anyways.

Don't try making reddit jokes on here, dipshit.

>heh, you're in OUR turf now, kid..

is this bane posting?

bump

I don't see any mentions of Bane or big guys so I think you're alright

I went and saw Killing them Softly by myself when the no singles policy hadn't been enforced yet and the entire time an elderly (indian?) couple behind me talked throughout the entire film, really low so you would just hear when the movie got quiet. I told them not cool when the movie was over as I left and they looked at me nervously, in retrospect I think she may have just been translating for him but still.

Been told to shut up once when I was 8-10 at a kids movie by some parent who knew my friends parents and was there with his kid. As a grown man I can literally not imagine a bigger faggot and I can still recall his big dumb face laughing at this fucking kids movie and the utter anger he felt that a kid could ruin this for a moment. Side note- if you're over the age of 18 and enjoy watching kids movies on a regular to semi regular basis you should fucking kill yourself.

Almost every time i go to a theater actually.

>movie shows man character talking to girl
shutupSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUUUTTTTTUUUUPPPPPPP

>the worst movie experience of my life.
could have been worse

>"excuse me there are other people trying to watch the movie"
there weren't though

checked

Good, the system works.

When i was 17 and thought i had huge balls, I saw Avatar with a buddy, and in the row behind us, there was a black couple and a newborn baby that started SCREAMING within the first hour of the film. I turned around and said "Why would you bring a baby into a movie?"

She looks taken aback, mutters something stupid like "Because I want to..?" and then I hear her baby daddy getting pissed "What the fuck he say to you? was he white?" About ten minutes later, ushers come in and ask the woman/baby to leave, as people have been complaining. The black guy tells the dude to fuck off, "hell nah I aint leavin, this a good ass movie!" and then the usher says hes gonna call the police, and leaves.

the woman leaves with her baby, and the guy starts acting big, saying he aint leaving, the cops can come get him, etc. A cop comes in, tells him he can either leave peacefully, or he will call for backup and they'll cuff him and drag him out, to which the guy responds similarly, telling him to fuck off and that he isnt leaving. The cop leaves to get backup, and the guy sees his chance to leave, gets up, and as he walks behind me on his way to the aisle, punches me in the back of the head. I turn around, feeling ballsy, yell a fuck you at the guy, we go back and forth as he walks towards the exit.

turns out the guy got arrested in the lobby after pushing a cop, a woman came up to me after the movie and apologized for what happened, apparently she was the one that reported them in the first place.

>Been told to shut up once when I was 8-10
When I was young, I used to subconsciously kick the back of seats and just remembered times when the person in front would turn around and tell me to stop
I'm sorry! ;_;

>I saw Avatar
>"this a good ass movie!"
Know how I know you're lying ;)

nice try nupol, not even close to believable

Same but I ended up fuckin her without a condom shit was cash.

was with friends (age 14 at the time) and we were talking and laughing during the flick, this guy and his girl were probably the only other people there but he was all: stfu before I shut you up or something like that

we did

then he felt bad and was all my bad guys, just keep it down

Many times, the last one the dude complained it was just the first "10 minutes" of the movie, moved away and I could hear people that were close to him shushing him for talking non stop while they were trying to watch.

lol you're his theater sweetbitches

Maybe it was a bunch of chipmunks in a human suit.

Your dumb fuck cousin probably couldn't even tell the difference between the cinema and watching a movie at home.