Why does everyone suck Red's dick so much? Whenever someone mentions KC or ITCOTCK they say "le epic Starless XD"...

Why does everyone suck Red's dick so much? Whenever someone mentions KC or ITCOTCK they say "le epic Starless XD". Disregard the meme spam of Lark Tongues in Aspic though.

in spite of the meme, Red has honestly become one of my least favorite KC albums because of all the dicksucking surrounding it

Starless really is that good. I'm confident in claiming its status as the best Rock has to offer.

>judging music by how much other people it
kys

other people like it*

I'm aware of this, but it eventually just "unclicked" with me

fair enough

To me, it seems like they flock to Red as an alternative to say they like KC but don't want to look entry level saying they like ITCOTCK. Starless is that good, but so is Discipline, Thrak, Beat, Islands, ITWoP, Discipline, SaBB, and such.

there's a surprising amount of KC fans that won't branch out of the "big four"
>debut
>LTiA
>Red
>Discipline
they're fuckin missing out too, so much good shit across the rest of their albums

>it seems like they flock to Red as an alternative to say they like KC but don't want to look entry level saying they like ITCOTCK

yeah, I've been trying to convince people that ITWoP is one of their best so i get your frustration, but I honestly think Starless and LTiA (as and album) are much stronger than their other stuff (which i also love)

ITWoP is really nice but it isn't that strong. Though I love Picture's of a city, ITWOP, and Cadence.

>so much good shit across the rest of their albums
Not really.

my favorites are Cat Food and Devil's Triangle

Red is a pretty perfect album, definitely top tier KC

Yeah, they're all good, but you have to identify the peak at some point.

It was one of their greatest works but it wasn't the peak. The innovations brought by the Discipline era and the Thrak era were as good on their own league.

It's extremely consistent, literally not a weak track on it. It's the heaviest and darkest KC album. Bruford is absolutely amazing throughout the entire album. Fripp just throws killer riff after riff. It's raw and distorted production and contrasts with the clean style of literally all other prog at the time. It's not my favorite King Crimson album but I can easily see why it's often seen as their best.

>tfw no one loves ToAPP like I do

At least you and the perfect pair like it.

>I can easily see why it's often seen as their best.
That would ITCotCK.

Among people who have listened to all or at least most of King Crimson's discography Red seems to be the favorite. ITCotCK is always the casual King Crimson fans favorite.

Dude Lizard is fucking amazing, and the song in the wake of poseidon is one of their top 5 tracks forsure

Actually, fuck it I'ma make a top 5

5. Cirkus
4. Island
3. I Talk to the Wind
2. In the Wake of Poseidon
1. Starless

Man that was really fuckin hard, and right when I finished it I remembered Island exists, so i had to put that in(took off 21st century schizoid man[hurt my soul]. How did this one band put out so much mind blowingly good material..

Also, I fuckin love Frame by Frame, Fallen Angel, ITCOTCK, hurt me not putting those in. And fucking Epitaph, and i talk to the wind, book of saturday

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk

It's literally ITCOTCK but better.

>prog rock

This, you people shouldn't be here