youtube.com/watch?v=zUSh-PxIs9k
sendvid.com/1jqpglfr
youtube.com/watch?v=ak9L4E4BtLY
youtube.com/watch?v=mPcGJahjsHY
youtube.com/watch?v=JkdU7p30xKg
youtube.com/watch?v=yvsQsao1F88
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shamelessly asking from earlier

Anyone have experience with electronic drum kits? Good alternative for those who can't use acoustic drums? What would I need to get started?

Post guitar-fu's.

She is objectively a more technical, and more tasteful player than everyone who will post after me.

just use a drum machine

She was a heroin addicted dyke

Bought an Orange Dual Terror 30w amp recently, now looking for a 2x12 cabinet to go with it. I'm just not sure which speakers to get. Vintage 30s, Eminence, Greenback, etc. Any suggestions?

is 20 too late?

And she can play her ass off, while you're an incel posting on mu who can't play for shit.

No bully

it's too late for you to learn anything user, just give up
Not guitar fu, she's my actual waifu

Wes Montgomery didn't start playing Jazz till he was 20 but played tenor guitar from 13, just practice hours and hours a day.

figured
nice knowing you guys

OOOOOOH MASSA U GON MAKE ME POLISH THRU DA FINISH

No, as long as you don't expect to be some kind of virtuoso

Haha nope shes dead lol

i just want to reach like kirk hammett level

That kind of mindset will lead you to be forever forgettable nobody lol, just say fuck to what people said. Kirk Hammett is very reachable bro

All right, lets get this over with.

I'm in a high school jazz band and I'll get some kinda commendation if I play two instruments (the first being sax). I figured I might as well play the bass guitar since I used to have an expressed interest in it when I was an edgelord faggot 5th grader.

So how fucked would I be if I bought myself a Squier vintage modified Jaguar SS? Seems cheap and reddit seems to like it, but I've learned they're not the best judge of these things.

expect to spend a lot of time practicing your downpicking then.

>two replies saying you can
>one saying you can't clearly meant to be a joke
>"nice knowing you guys"

Are you legitimately retarded or something? Do you have some kinda futility fetish?

i was just trying to make an edgy joke
i'm going to start playing regardless

most Squier stuff is pretty solid for the price. Played one of those in a shop when I was looking for a cheap bass, felt pretty nice. Might be some technical differences with a short scale though. It'll be more comfortable for smaller hands, sure, but it has a smaller range as well as some other differences.

Just say no to V30s, greenbacks are good

actually nvm on the smaller range, the jaguar SS has the same number of frets as a regular one

get a classic vibe if you think you'll get into it. Go into a music store and get your hands on them. Be sure to wear you macintosh plus hoodie

They aren't, but those basses are good for beginners and I wouldn't say not to get one if you're just learning and might think about flipping the thing after you get your award or whatever.

But really, if you're learning an instrument just so that you'll get some bullshit high school award for learning an extra instrument, don't do that.

I would strongly suggest an instructor. Developing bad habits early on will cap your skill level down the road and it will be excruciating to rectify. If you self-teach, anticipate topping out at Page/Slash level.

Number of frets has nothing to do with scale length, But the SS is short scale.
Short scale basses have floppy strings and are for pussies. You don't need to play it fast. its a fucking bass

I've been looking into the Celestion G12H30 also. I saw an ad for a 2X12 with a V30 and G12H30 installed. Not sure how well they compliment eachother which is why I want to check it out.

That actually sounds like a nice combo

Yummy!

>jazz band
>bass guitar

I agree with the bad habits, but most self taught players tend to develop their own unique style of playing. Having an instructor is helpful. but may limit your freedom to develop a new sound or technique that stands out from other players.

If this recommendation is fucking useful like maybe you can use it to get into higher level college than what your ability probably suggest or whatever, sure go ahead

If not, why the fuck should you care about some high school recommendation. I will still suggest to play bass because playing music in any musical instrument is fun and can really calm you down

sheiit that sucks. There's no Priest without Tipton imo

hey friends I have never gone guitar shopping but i want a "shred guitar". 24 frets mandatory, preferably a Floyd rose. Looking for around ~400$, any suggestions?

ive been looking at a Jackson js34 and it looks really nice, has literally everything I'm looking for. also, red or blue I can't decide
guitarcenter.com/Jackson/JS34Q-Dinky-DKA-M-Transparent-Blue-1414766720300.gc

>So how fucked would I be if I bought myself a Squier vintage modified Jaguar SS?
So fucked. You're screwed.

I say go for the red one. It's a nice dark red. The guitar is made in China but there is sure to be better QC than something from Ali Express. The other option is to buy used. I'm thinking that an older Charvel might do the trick in that price range but I could be wrong. And an oldie guitar ain't gonna have that impressive finish.

>*Charvel Jackson shredder, I meant.

Assuming you buy a kit as a whole you'll need an amp if you want to play without headphones, headphones if you want to play silently, a throne, sticks, maybe a new kick pedal if the included one is trash or you want a double, and depedning on you floor you may need something to keep it from sliding around. Other than that you'll need practice if you never played drums before.

Most e kits come with pads(rwo zone snare, 2 or 3 single zone toms, kick, crash, ride), something for the hi hat, the module, a kick pedal and a crap pair of sticks. Double check to make sure. I prefere to use a usb out over midi to trigger something like a kontakt library or bfd in my daw, if you plan to do the same make sure the module is capable.

Just don't cheap out. You might as well play guitar hero drums if you don't want to shell out some dosh. I've got a cheap electronic kit and it really is ass.

Yeah man, hold out for something used, you can get something decent for $400, but new guitars lose value like crazy and you'll probably wind up with something better that way

>tfw really like some LTD's in the local shop
>can't bear to wear the LTD mark of shame
>check the actual ESP prices
>they're over 3x the LTD price
Why they do this

>tele
>semi-hollow tele
>semi-hollow tele with humbuckers

Daily Reminder:
Agile > nigson

>woke up and noticed pain in knuckle of the thumb when moving
Is it over? The pain goes away when I move my thumb around a bit, but it comes back after some time

Daily reminder:
You are poor.
lol

>You are poor.
Joke's on you, I make 5 figures

rupees are not real money.

You need to buy a real ESP to find out why they do it.

Trust me when I tell you lording an expensive guitar over a gaggle of poorfags crying and gnashing their teeth because they could nerve afford one in their entire miserable lives is by far a more rewarding and satisfying experience than any music you'll ever play.

I think that the order is:
>Great playing>Great Gear>Shit Gear>Shit Playing.
With some subdivisions:
>USA/EU made>Japanese made>Mexican made/Korean made>Chinese made>Indonesia

I'll just build my own guitars.
>paying for the name is much of the price

vocaroo.com/i/s108gLlMqe5K

bom dia

>If you self-teach, anticipate topping out at Page/Slash level.
I'm almost at that level atm. What is beyond that?

also Kirk Hammet is no better than those two, more like lower than them

You are going to suffocate in your sleep from those adenoids. Check them.

dying on his sleep is a lot of people's dream

its not adenoids its anxiety

Anxiety gave you a swollen throat? It must be hard to be a neet.

Good luck, Segovia was his instructor, and he far surpassed his instructor.

it's not sore it's just that i have trouble making my voice out

kirk hammet is shit, i feel bad for his instructor now

Does anybody have experience or actually own a Yamaha THR10 amp?

I just started playing and it looks like a handy, versatile amp for practicing at home for beginners.

Looking for some feedback and other recommendations.

nobody actually owns a THR10

Whatever you do dont get a licensed floyd. Get a floyd 1000 or original floyd.

They're floppy if you use babby-gauge .35s or something. Slap a set of .50s on them and try to call it floppy

Go see a doctor, retard

they have the same range u dumb fuck

can a Short Scale bass get this bright tone?
youtube.com/watch?v=DtubDq8OlOQ

I've got the C version and I am very happy with mine. I don't use any pedals, just the reverb on the amp. Sounds good on room level but can still get feisty when you turn up the gain. When you hook it up to a computer you can extensively tweak settings far beyond the offered physical buttons ranging from the type of speaker cabinet to compressors and the delay mode used.

Slade invented the acdc formula youtube.com/watch?v=zUSh-PxIs9k

sendvid.com/1jqpglfr

Finally got a bridge cover for my Blonde MIA tele special. Still waiting on a white pickguard, however. I think it's going to look amazing.

Sounds good. I think I will go with the normal version though because it seems more universel and less focused on a specific sound.

I can not imagine the output level of that thing because it is so small. Can I actually practice in the evening AND play a bit louder during day with it?

i am going to build this amp
youtube.com/watch?v=ak9L4E4BtLY

You are losing the battle against reality. Have you shown this videos and things you upload to your caretaker?

last night i had a dream that i dropped my guitar and the headstock broke into a million pieces. i woke up in a cold sweat and checked on my guitar and it was still intact and i went back to sleep

$10,100 isn't a lot of money

its you again

I'm pretty sure there must be someone who can help you, someone who needs a pet, something to throw their love and food pellets.

Iktf, bought a cheap electric drum set and it actually discouraged me from playing drums. Ended up trading it for an iPod in high school.

dont quote my posts again.

Fucking slick axes mate

Did your neighbor complain about your guitar playing last night? I like him.

I used to browse a bass guitar forum and there was a thread dedicated to SX basses, there were dudes with literally 50 of them. Blew my mind, they could have had a handful of really nice basses but instead they just buy whatever new cheap Korean shit Kurt puts on his website.

A two piece lego is out of your reach. You are gonna end up electrocuted, and it will be more job for your caretaker. Why are you so selfish?

y so mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=mPcGJahjsHY

I'm not mean. I'm worried about your caretaker, your family and your neighbor, because you don't give a fuck about them. They must be really nice people to cope with all of your shit.

And who am I?

I'm sorry, I thought you were another retard.

Apology accepted

youtube.com/watch?v=JkdU7p30xKg

On the weeb note, are there any good anime with bands?
K-on and Bang dream are just typical moeblob trash with
>b-but bands are CUTE too!
>look at us be basically idols on stage while pretending to play instruments

this was in tekken

youtube.com/watch?v=yvsQsao1F88

Meant more anime about bands.
There were a few manga awhile back that were pretty fun and cool and actually about the music and bands.

I want to get a tele shape with humbuckers . Is there something wrong with me ?

Nah, it's an iconic shape like a Strat or an LP. Put whatever you want in it and make it your own.

I planned on using it to git gud at the drums, and headphones was going to be my way to go with it. I figured the sticks would suck and maybe the kick pedal wouldn't be as good. Thanks for the info.

I'm taking that into consideration, too. I'm seeing some kits around $300-400 and I'm wondering if that's good to start or if I need to look higher.

Nope

>the most advanced song I can play is Thunderstruck but at least it sounds better than everyone else!
This is the mentality of one of my friends and I want to smack him for being so retarded.

The new Squier is based on that configuration, but the added a matching headstock. I'm kind of tempted by it.