FAILED FRANCHISES THREAD. POST FAILED FRANCHISES

FAILED FRANCHISES THREAD. POST FAILED FRANCHISES.

Other urls found in this thread:

etonline.com/news/203607_dylan_o_brien_spotted_on_set_for_the_first_time_since_maze_runner_accident_see_the_pic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>1.5 billion something in box office
>500,000 something total budget for all three movies.

>Dude Jesus lmao

Divergent and Maze Runner
DCEU

They are working on "The Silver Chair"

Yeah but Maze Runner failed because the star was almost killed. It doesnt count

t e s t

No, it failed because it didn't make enough money.

Yes, they only made 1.5 billion. What a failure.

So why did they not make more movies?

You're forgetting the massive marketing budget Disney had for the first two movies, they tried to sell those group sales tickets to church groups very hard. Worked for the first movie but the magic didn't last for the second considering few people saw the moral message of a group of kids going on a killing spree essentially in movie two.

>first film is called Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World instead of just Master and Commander
>clearly was meant to be the start of a franchise
>flopped because aproximately 0 women went to see it

golden compass

came here to post this.

also the Lemony Snicket movie with Emily Browning

John Carter

>le marketing boogeyman
Always the cop out. A film needs to make 1 billion just to break even, right?

This movie has the most boring protagonist I've ever seen

I will always mourn what could have been. Incredible books. The movie was okay but they kind of dropped the all. I could definitely see a reboot happening in the next decade.

Apparently a kike is to blame.

BBC is adapting it as a tv series.

You think they spent 1 billion on marketing?

And the movies are based off books which have a pretty big fan base as far as I know.

They are making more. The books take place years apart and they are waiting for the actors to age.

Didn't they plan a series of films with the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy during the 00s?

They are adaption the books again into a tv series by BBC.

Also honestly I though the later books kind of go down in quality and just feel like long rants against God.

That's a real shame. It was a good fucking movie. I'd say the problem was marketing though. I remember seeing it on commercials and being like "lol dafuq is this pirates of the caribbean knockoff shit?"

I only watched those móvies for the little girl.

Im serious

>comes out in March against Beauty and the Beast, King Kong and Logan
>still no full trailer

Aren't these just Narnia: fedora edition?

They picked a pretty logical stopping point IMO. The other books felt more like spin-offs; they didn't even have the same characters. And The Last Battle would have been a nightmare to adapt.

They were making the third one, dummy. The main had his face fucked up in an accident. They had to do facial reconstruction. The movie is on indefinite hold

Nicole Kidman is so hot in that movie.

Awesome

Wasn't Eragon written by a teenager?

She grew up to be a titty monster

literally this

Kek

This movie kill Saoirse's Career

They had sex in the third book right? I read it 10 years ago now, but I seem to recall there's a scene where Lyra and Will are together and it's implied they fuck but I was too naive to pick on it (... 15 years old.)

>Dude, religion is bad!
yes, what an amazing narrative.

Beauy and the Bull is a girls movie tho

but she got an oscar nom after it

Yea, a teenager that was homeschooled by two professional authors who owned a publishing company

Shame, maze runner aint bad.

But almost does.

And blatantly copied Star wars

so was cinderella

so what was it like to not learn you were mentally retarded until you were 15 years old?

Or has that still not registered with you?

Hello France!

Bonjóur!

A series of unfortunate events is actually being made into a show.

Prince Caspian is pure kino..

Lets just be grateful it didn't, and that now she's brighter than ever.

It really was kind of shocking how blatant it was. Like, the first book was just beat-for-beat an exact retelling of A New Hope. Then the sequels had the I Am Your Father twist and Yoda training. I never read the last one but I assume the dragon blew up a Death Star.

It came out really late during the time were people were starting to get sick of vampires.

I liked this movie when it came out, i liked it so much i spent my pocket money on the video game. which i finished in hours and got really angry at.

I liked this one

Where is she now?

>The guy who wrote, directed & produced The Golden Compass wrote the screenplay for Rouge One

No wonder it was so mediocre

Reminds me that this was a thing.

I liked it

anyone else remember Red Dawn Down Under?

taking a vacation and getting ready to start mary queen of scots user, she had a very full 2016, from that broadway play to filming the greta gerwig directorial debut to filming the ian mcewan self scripted new movie adaptation.

I remember the Red Dawn remake.

Books were pretty awesome as I read them as a young'un

hey fuck you that book was the shit in high school

Green Lantern

To be granted, it was a bad movie, but it was only universally panned because of the autistic "so geek XD" movie-review crowd that relies exclusively on hyperbole to get their point across. Its nowhere near as bad as people point it out to be.

Awful.

loved the third one

a qt

In english, doc.

Pretty fun

No, it was actually 10x more retarded than that. I've never seen anyone write themselves into a corner like that

eating pussy

sure did

I actually like this flick

god damn
can't believe i got dragged by my friends to see several of these movies
fuck

If they spend 500m on it, yes.

You really don't think the studio gets 100% of the GROSS BOX OFFICE REVENUE, do you?

I saw an awful low budget recent movie of her, and it looked like she got reduction?

JEEEESSUSS

I unironically love everything about this movie

I don't know why, actually. Did it not make a ton of money?

na he's ok now, filming is resuming on february

etonline.com/news/203607_dylan_o_brien_spotted_on_set_for_the_first_time_since_maze_runner_accident_see_the_pic/

If a capeshit movie doesn't gross $1 billion it is a failure now.

>Narnia
>failed
It's production companies jewing other production companies, you idiot.
Pevensies stories are done (which is what really mattered) and Eustace can obviously be recast for Silver Chair.

Good fucking lord. When will she get those puppies out?

>by BBC
Get ready for race-bending galore, mate.

Give it a chance, grandmom. I promise it's not evil like those darn Harry Potter books

The game is pretty okay though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mac and Me

I'm pretty sure shes pure.

Also shes lucky The Host didn't killed her career

She seems to be in a lot of these