What was the general consensus of this movie here? Haven't really seen much discussion of it here...

What was the general consensus of this movie here? Haven't really seen much discussion of it here. Is it really as left field and original as the people that praise it say it is?

It's dumb and cute, but mostly dumb. And not funny at all.

It was actually the best film of 2016 imo. One of the greatest opening scene of all time.

Women will never understand it

Seriously this. It has a few cute moments but mostly it just comes across as really, seriously juvenile.

To say it's anything other than silly or childish would only be to impress your pretentious hipster peers.

>INB4 muh radcliffe.
Go watch horns or something else hes in.

I liked it. Definitely different than anything that came out this year. Weird but fresh.

I liked it. Didn't love it but it was pretty charming considering the crudeness of a lot of the humor.

There is no consensus. Some people like it, some don't.

Shit movie with an hours worth of fart jokes directed by a hipster faggot who thinks fart jokes are deep.

Listen to yourself and then go through with killing yourself

Good movie. You'll grow to hate it because the hipster fags / DYEW fags love it too and can't shut up about it.

I had to pause the movie every five minutes at the end and take a couple laps around the room because I couldn't deal with how awkward everything was

But other than that it was a unique and great movie, fuck the contrarians itt

Pleb trash through and through

The only thing slightly impressive was how they did the soundtrack

>Is it really as left field and original as the people that praise it say it is?

Not to anyone who was alive a decade ago.

Couldn't watch it. Also couldn't watch Avatar. Wanted to walk out of Hitch Hikers Guide to the galaxy 10 minutes deep.

It's actually pretty damn good. Don't let all the contritians get to you. At the very least it's worth a watch.

It works. It understands storytelling. It understands character. It's able to bring a simple idea and expand it into a larger moral.

My only personal complaints are that it's too "indie" at times, and that it feels too personal.

It's the most reddit movie I've seen this year. Chances are you like it if you are fat and an atheist.

lurk moar, reddit

I have insecurities about farting in front of people, even close friends, so this movie hit me hard (as it turns out I have deeper insecurities and the fact that the film makes that connection is profound to me).

I actually just watched it and my reaction after finishing it was, "what the fuck did I just watch?"