HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST SHIT EVER

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E
youtube.com/watch?v=-tW0G9XWaj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Is it tho?

>That cringey finale

Just wait until you get about halfway through. It goes off the rails real quick, and not in a good way.

>implying its not just more capeshit to make redditors feel intellectual

obvious shill

MY SECOND FAVOURITE TELEVISION PROGRAM OF THIS YEAR.

THIS IS HOW SENTAI DRAMA IS MADE WELL.

THE COSTUME DESIGN WAS GREAT ALSO; EVERYTHING WITH WHICH BRIT MARLING IS INVOLVED IS EXCELLENT.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E

>SENTAI DRAMA

What? Please explain what this means.

I really enjoyed the show but can confirm that it is NOT the best shit ever.

Hope u can get some sleep now.

Are you retarded?

this
OA to DOA

I didn't understand the finale because the explanation I have in my head could not possibly be what actually happened

No, but I've never heard that phrase.

>Dr. Hap, I'm The OA

>episodes 1-3
hmmm pretty interesting but nothing too great, I like what I see so far
>episodes 4-7
bretty gud, feels like lots of questions are on the verge of being answered. lots of heated drama and I'm enjoying myself and very eager to find out what happens next
>episode 8
both OA and her mother are, what women do best, pathological liars and somehow her weird visions convinced a bunch of kids and a schoolteacher to waste a bunch of time learning a dance that in the end does nothing but distract the shooter long enough for someone to stop him when in reality any kind of distraction would of worked instead of wasting all that time to learn some complex dance that was a big lie.

What do you think happened? I have a feeling what you think happened actually did. The ending was constructed to complete all the characters arcs while leaving the exact mechanisms open to interpretation

the worst part was how Hap kept them in check by saying the others would starve.
which doesn't make sense, if they escaped and found the police the others would be free in hours

the show was terrible
i figured this out from the first episode
the writing was bad and the characters flawed, yet every fucking character in the show gravitated to this worthless girl character who had the charisma of a brick

Improve your comprehension.

>best shit ever

watch more stuff you pleb

Did you listen to the OA, she says that captivity is a state of mind. Even when they had freedom of movement they were his captives. It make sense they would do almost anything to keep their adoptive family alive.

>the writing was bad and the characters flawed, yet every fucking character in the show gravitated to this worthless girl character who had the charisma of a brick

That is the power of a good story. The whole show was a meta commentary on the power of storytelling. It was myth and storytelling that helped a group of strangers find each other and construct a family. It was storytelling that gave them a purpose and helped them survive a terrible event. The story is what helped the OA get where she wanted to go.

You're dumb.

He only ever needed to keep two of them in check by saying that.

Once with Prairie, who was blind then, so even if she escaped, she wouldn't know where she had been, and one other time with Homer, who didn't know where Hap lived.

weak minded fools

It was a human reaction to a horrible situation. You would react the same under those conditions

This pretentious fool is on Sup Forums now too?
Dang, I thought /fa/ had organized the assassination already.

A summery for those who haven't seen it:
youtube.com/watch?v=-tW0G9XWaj0

Saw the pilot and it seemed like just another high school drama.

It is much better then that, watch the whole series. its a story about dealing with tramua and a meta commentary on the importance of story and how it builds community and provides meaning.

it is honestly very well crafted, what you are reading here is for the most part shitposting.

It's literally Handheld Camera: The Movie

He's been a Sup Forums staple for over half a decade.

Newfag.

Jesus fucking christ that video gave me aids

Go back to watching Daredevil, pleb.

If you actually watch the series it all makes perfect sense. You can think of it as a shamanistic ritual, a transformative moment. The movements allowed them to stop the shooting and to survive a horrible and chaotic event.

It is goofy but it works very well

you calling me dumb when you cant even (you) the right fucking post?
but it wasnt a good story, it was bad writing, did you miss that part i said that?

How exactly was the writing bad?

I thought the first three episodes were strong, especially the pilot. Then everything start running choppy and by episode 8 you're looking at a full scale train wreck. Truly, one of the worst endings to a show I have ever seen.

>It is goofy but it works very well

Actually, no, it doesn't

It works very well. She teaches them the movements and then the books cast doubt on the power. When faced with a crises, the shooting can mirror her kidnapping, they are able to find strength in the story she told them. They overcome their doubts and then use the movements to help bring order to the random event.

The movements prove successful, they stop the shooter and transport OA, she even says as much.

In what way does it not work?

I legitimately can't tell who's rusing who anymore

in the way that the writers realized they had no idea what the fuck was going on in their own story so they randomly threw in a school shooter and killed off their protagonist who was completely inconsequential in the entire climax

I watched the first 2 episodes and found nothing redeemable.
What am I missing?

You see some titties at one point, but that's basically i

>they randomly threw in a school shooter and killed off their protagonist who was completely inconsequential in the entire climax

The school shooter works because just like her kidnapping it is this random event outside the control of our characters. Just like OA they find themselves in a horrible situation. Both the students and OA were able to make sense of the situation and to gain power by the story that was told to them.

The story healed her, the story allowed the students to survive. It makes perfect sense thematically

I tried watching the first episode but it was boring as shit.

What am I missing?

Wow, you have absolutely no clue what the show was about. Did you even watch it?

I really hated it, it's just a shittier version of Sound of my Voice which wasn't even that good in the first place.

If it's not for you, it's not for you. Back to your Star Wars threads.

It was shit

I just love constructive posts like this. Why don't you go back to a BVS thread, capeshit is more your speed.

there was nothing compelling about the main character
i stated already she had the charisma of a brick
and the writing did not back up her perceived following she was gaining

it was just bad

it was like a bad feminist writer who pushed a story because it was "so out there" but then couldn't follow through.

its the first episode of a series, im supposed to be hooked
literally you could go down the list of the first episode and there isn't one fucking compelling thing about it.

okay she was supposed to be blind but gained her sight, ok? is that it?

stopped watching the show then in came pouring the reaction from the retarded shooter scene dancing bullshit and knew i made the right choice

unfortunately i did, thankfully I'm in the majority and you're in the minority, the show's being trashed and won't be picked up for a second season.

I don't like Star Wars.

There was a girl who came home, then she went to a building with dogs, then she went to school and spoke to a teacher on behalf of some troubled kid. I lost what little interest I had at this point.

It took the worst aspects of strangers things and mixed with the worst aspects of Sense8.

>and the writing did not back up her perceived following she was gaining

i take it you didn't leave your door open did you. You like the characters are supposed to take a small leap of faith. You need to act like you trust her until you hear more of the story. Once you listen enough, even if you don't believe the literal truth, you will come to understand the metaphorical truth.

They say all of these things in the series. It was very cleverly written, I am sorry that you missed all this and you didn't find it compelling. Maybe you should pay attention.

>okay she was supposed to be blind but gained her sight, ok? is that it?
you really are missing the what is going on, its a shame you are such an idiot.

If you watched the show you would have understood that it does not need and should never receive a second season. The end of the series completed the every characters arc, there is no more story to tell.

OA got her catharsis, the students found each other and meaning in their own life. There is nothing else that needs to be said.

This. First couple of episodes and I had high hopes, it seemed like it would be amazing. I was really let down by the end and I hope they have a season two so they can salvage the ending, because right now that ending really soured my view on the whole thing.

Wrong. It has received mostly positive reviews, and has earned an 8.1 score on IMDB. You are in the minority, lacking even the minimal intellectual horsepower needed to comprehend the show.

i thought the content of the show was pretty interesting. kind of wished they went a slightly different route and expanded on the universe that they were building.

I heard it's like Stranger Things but without the jailbaits, so it's like Stranger Things without any redeeming quality?

I can see that you're very smart. Did you write any dialogue for Fallout 3?

>I hope they have a season two so they can salvage the ending, because right now that ending really soured my view on the whole thing.

What exactly needs to be salvaged, what question did they not answer?

some people want certainty

Everyone. Everyone is rusing everyone. This place is terrible and we should never come here. But we do, so there (You) are.

Stranger Things is unwatchable juvenilia, and Sense8 is nauseating SJW trash. The OA is actually good.

The story was a personal one. OA making sense of her abduction with the power of storytelling and the interaction with the kids. A larger world would have taken away from the intimacy.

Not a big fan of the show, but I can confirm. As someone who's been held captive against their will (don't want to get into it), once someone manages to take control of your life away from you like that for a long time then the idea of escape seems absurd. They bought into his shit because they had already lost all control of their ability to leave due to him, and this made them just believe that he was more powerful than he was or that escape was more unrealistic. It's called "learned helplessness", look into it sometime.

IMDB doesn't rate tv shows accurately. They give every show a 9.

The ending was fucking awful, I want them to dilute it with more episodes. It's not a problem with it being vague, it's a problem with the execution and the kind of vagueness they left up in the air.

That defeats the purpose of the show. A good story does not need truth to change you. You can build a community around stories, people call it religion, all the time without knowing if they are true.

To tell people if OA is really an angel strips the show of all its power.

Demonstrably false.

maybe i didn't mean bigger world, just more time spent in the smaller one.

Correct

See, this guy gets it.

These same themes seem to run through all of Batmanglij's projects, btw.

>it's a problem with the execution and the kind of vagueness they left up in the air.

Think about myths, are they true, is that relevant at all? The vagueness is intentional, you are supposed to make up your own mind. What is important is the metaphor. If you wan't concrete answers you will never get them, ideally this series will never get a season 2.

There is a tranny kid in it. Doesn't really do anything though.

The vagueness is obviously intentional, I get that, but I found the execution of the final episode to have been quite lacking. I realise that leaving her status as an "angel" up to interpretation is a perfectly valid choice (though I also think answering that could make a good story) it's the way they did it that I take issue to. Besides the cringiness of the school shooting dance, I just found the whole thing to come out of nowhere with no build up. K-Pax (while not a great film) does the whole "ambiguous nature of the main character" thing really well. When that ended I felt perfectly happy not knowing whether he was an alien and would have never wanted that question answered, I can't say the same about The OA.

K-Pax is a good comparison, also a great film. The shooting came out of know where but then again so did her kidnapping. One situation was supposed to mirror the other. It was the same way the five students mirrored her friends in captivity.
In the same way she created the story to help her survive whatever happened, so did they make use of that same story to survive the attack. It was POTTERY.

> Besides the cringiness of the school shooting dance,
That is the best part, it is so over the top crazy but it does work, it may have only been just as a distraction, but still. It took me a while to come around to it but I can't imagine them replacing it as anything else and being effective.

I think the creators of the show are shilling this on Sup Forums

Personally I can see it being replaced by ANYTHING else and being effective. I get where you're coming from though, I just found it to be too absurd. The dance moves seemed good at the beginning, but in that circumstance it just made me laugh and feel totally out of the mood.

I actually really liked it. Even with the ending I liked it.

OH fuck my waifu is in this?

Best new show of 2016.

Looks like a Dark Souls NPC

Best toothfu since Kirsten Dunst.