Why don't people understand this masterpiece?

I GOT A BIKE

(literally, that joke turns a lot of ppl off)

I'VE GOT A CLOAK, IT'S A BIT OF A JOKE

it's better when you're better

From DMT to MDMA.

because it is inconsistent and nowhere near their best?

was this pink floyd?

How is it inconsistent? Every song is great; with one very obvious exception, of course.

I feel this way with Atom Heart Mother t b h

idk senpai i think i just dont like syd that much. after the first two tracks i completely lose interest

You mean?

DOCTOR DOCTOR
I'M IN BED

maybe people think it's not as good as their other albums because it's ACTUALLY not as good

of course

bcs I cant listen to "jugband blues" without wanting to punch Roger and Dave in the face.
Has some good songs thou, but the filler tracks are shit tier

Maybe not as good as Atom Heart Mother or A Sourceful of Secrets but everything else is worse than Piper.

>The Wall
>worse than Piper
Cool, guy. Let me know how middle school works out when you're done.

Yes, Interstellar Overdrive

>letting a literally insane person who's intentionally sabotaging the band's live performances and his life include his latest schizo ramblings on your new album
They were bros

That shit's great

OFFICIAL PINK FLOYD POWER RANKINGS:
SPECIAL ADDITION EDITION

>NE PLUS ULTRA TIER (Gods among men)
-Saucerful of Secrets
-Ummagumma
-Pompeii

>CONNOISSEUR TIER (Elite)
-Relics
-Atom Heart Mother
-Meddled
-Masters of Rock Vol. 1

>ÜBERMENSCH TIER (A cut above the rest)
-Meddle
-Wish You Were Here
-BBC Archives 1970-1971

>TOURIST TIER (stop kidding yourself and just listen to a different band)
-Dark Side of the Moon
-The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

>UNTERMENSCH TIER (kill yourself)
- The Division Bell
- Obscured by Clouds
- More
- Momentary Lapse of Reason
- Animals
- The Wall

>ROGER WATERS IS A HACK TIER (kill Roger and then kill yourself)
-The Final Cut

its the best psychedelic rock album of its time

>The Final Cut
Pun unintended, but the songs on this album really fucking cut me. I like how caustic and angry and done they all are.

Did you read the lyrics of that song?
Never fully bought the schizo-syd story, he was really lucid when he wrote that

The psych pop songs on it are very simple and lack the creativity/ambition of those that were making psych pop around them. While the longer songs with the interesting effects were groundbreaking at the time, they have aged terribly today and sound more like just random noodling rather than something expressive or something setting up atmosphere.

You realise that at least 3 songs on Saucer.. are unfinished filler, right?
"Remember a day" had potential, but they only had a chorus for it

Very well put. Albums like this aged poorly.

You got a point but I disagree, no other band had made a song like "astronomy domine" at the time, they pushed psychedelia a step further with songs like that, yeah, there is some average 60s pop in that album but the standout tracks make it superior to basic pop stuff at the time.
The easiest comparison would be Loves "Da Capo", it's proto-punk at times but side 2 is a boring instrumental jam, while "interestellar overdrive" is much more than that, that opening bass riff is the shit and gets stuck in your head and the rest of the song is fun, in short, they made the "jam" track interesting and engaging, only song I can think about in that era that accomplished something similar was VU "sister ray"
Also was the first song I learned on the bass

Im at the phase with Floyd where im realizing why Meddle has been spammed so much on Sup Forums throughout the years, every song is just fantastic. The tracks that i used to think were weaker links like San Tropez and Seamus are now highlights, and Echoes... you already know.
Piper on the other hand, always just been okay.