German bros is this true?

German bros is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.co.in/chinas-nuclear-fusion-breakthrough-produces-artificial-sun-671042
theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/07/brown-coal-wins-a-reprieve-in-germanys-transition-to-a-green-future
docs.google.com/document/d/1IwKbwEPMbCKPyQcE5fFQvoImkQ5DEJc5XWPUdgfmWTw/edit?usp=drive_web
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yucca_Mountain_nuclear_waste_repository
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wasn't it true for like a few minutes?
There was more to the story but no it's not the truth Liberals would have you believe

>clear summer day with lots of wind
>power grid on overdrive

>cloudy snowy day in january
>zero power to be found anywhere
>have to buy shitloads of electricity from french nuclear plants

KEK was about to say this.

Why is nuclear such a boogy man?
More people die per terrawat hour from fucking wind and SOLAR than Nuclear anyway, left are scientifically illiterate retards.

(also the earth is flat)

I expected as much from kikebook

Because the communists and japs destroyed nuclear energy by being retarded.
Then retarded libs think a 9.0 earthquake and tsunami can happen in europe and muh feels are above facts

t. Nuclear engineer who's being held back by retarded policys

fusion energy is where is at.

>Why is nuclear such a boogy man?
Because coal and oil companies do a fucking excellent job of funding hysterical environmentalist movements like Greenpeace through backdoor channels.

>Sunny Day
>Germany
>Pick 1

I'm a plasma physicist and even I don't fucking believe we'll have fusion worked out within the next 20-25 years.

You have to base energy policy on what you've got to work with NOW, not what you MIGHT have to work with in 30-40 years. Uranium fission is available - NOW. It's incredibly efficient - NOW. We've managed to reduce waste production to a fraction of what it was decades ago - NOW.

For what we spend on oil and coal subsidies every year the US could break ground on a half a dozen new nuclear plants every year, and double our effective nuclear capacity in 15 years.

True but the breakthroughs on fusion are coming rapidly. The Chinese made an "artificial sun" in the labs.
ibtimes.co.in/chinas-nuclear-fusion-breakthrough-produces-artificial-sun-671042

Governments should be funding renewable energy research not being slaves to the Arabs for the oil.

For ONE day, those silly people don't understand how unreliable it can be, renewable energy still in its infancy

Meanwhile post Fukushima Germany started dismantling nuclear power plants and tried to rely more on muh renewables, but had to rely more on coal

theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/07/brown-coal-wins-a-reprieve-in-germanys-transition-to-a-green-future
>While Germany continues to expand solar and wind power, the government’s decision to phase out nuclear energy means it must now rely heavily on the dirtiest form of coal, lignite, to generate electricity. The result is that after two decades of progress, the country’s CO2 emissions are rising.

>The Chinese made an "artificial sun" in the labs.
>ibtimes.co.in/chinas-nuclear-fusion-breakthrough-produces-artificial-sun-671042

We cant let these chinks win.

>The Chinese made an "artificial sun" in the labs.
Which is nothing new.

Honestly China is about 20 years behind the rest of the world on fusion research. If you want to see current breakthroughs look at devices like the upgraded DIII-D in San Diego, CTH in Auburn, NSTX-U at Princeton, or the new W7-X at the Max Planck Institute.

leftists of course
>OY VEY CHERNOBYL!
>OY GEVALT FUKUSHIMA!

Because leftism is synonymous with emotional politics. And emotions say the scary tech we associate with nuclear bombs is bad.

>left are scientifically illiterate retards.
Yup. They slander the greenest energy source in the world as bad, they ignore the effects of mass immigration, they deny the patterns in crime, etc. etc.

Science is the left's worst enemy.

leftist refuse to admit that nuclear is a safe, clean, consistent, efficient source of energy that out does all their hippy dippy faggot green energy and is clearly the way of the future

exceeded demand is the point,there isnt yet a efficient way to save energy, so the net would take damage. often we PAY france or other countries to take our energy. also about 30% of private household is "renewable energy tax".
this whole shit is a huge scam.

no. even green energy doesn't know how to cope with the problem that it isn't windy/sunny 24/7/365

Because there's no safe way to store the waste, and there's no way to make a structure accident proof.

We aren´t the UK ffs. During summer in the last few years, temperatures ranged from 30-40°C (inb4 burger doesn´t get the unit).

While weather went to shit in the last few days, we usually have the best of all, warm sunny summers and winters with actual snow yet we don´t have this retarded US weather with tornados or snow storms and so on.

>often we PAY france or other countries to take our energy
Thus the net positive energy export rate of Germany that some greentards like to tout.
The truth is: Germany's energy production cannot be efficiently scaled to the demand.

Also physicist checking in. Whats your take on Throrium reactors?

>Then retarded libs think a 9.0 earthquake and tsunami can happen in europe

No but plants could be a target for durkadurka attacks.

kek. i was once considering to leave germany for england because i love rainy weather.

They are terrible. We need to cut off all funding and research for those things before they destroy the planet.

I didn't even think of this

>A house takes X amount of energy to sustain a white family
>Company demands Y amount nownowNOWNOOOOW to make a new form of cuckold harness to sell to germans

I dont
see
the
problem
hhere

yeah Merkel was not too pleased over it.

Gay bars can, too. And judging by the AIDS they help spread, they are definitely more deadly than nuclear plants.

>Because there's no safe way to store the waste
Water pools do just fine'
>there's no way to make a structure accident proof
Then why have anything if everything isn't accident proof?
Nuclear fusion fixes most of these problems.

>No but plants could be a target for durkadurka attacks.
that excuse would require leftists too acknowledge that refugees welcome isn't safe for the host countries

more like this

>in summer days produce too much energy
>have to pay france to direct it to their network

>in winter don't have enough
>pay france to get some nuclear energy

GENIOUS
E
R
M
A
N
Y

Kek

Can we just move to thorium reactors. LFTR'S to be specific? We have enough thorium to power them for millions of years

BUt where to throw away all the fuel though ?

Plus, a country like mine can't use nuclear. If that shit blows up, the whole island gets btfo.

Same as fusion.

Works great on paper but we're minimum 20+ years away from even having a viable industrial-scale LFTR design working.

Keep researching it but focus on expanding use of uranium fission in the near term

>mfw energy can't be created

Kill yourself for falling for the jew.

>digging a hole in the ground to store a few cubic meters of waste per year is somehow a huge problem

Didn´t we already have a running thorium reactor in 1968 or so?

Construction on a long-term repository under Yucca Mountain in Nevada was basically finished five years ago, it's got enough storage space to store the next century's-worth of nuclear waste safely for tens of thousands of years.

Only reason it's not being used now was because the Democrats cut off funding for the central repository initiative because MUH ENVIRONMENT! MUH EVIL NUKLARS!

Modern nuclear reactors have also become substantially more efficient. First gen reactors left behind about 50% of their expended fuel as waste, modern reactors can use up about 95% or more on successive fuel cycles.

An experimental proof of concept, nothing more.

We've been successfully fusing Hydrogen and Helium since the 60s... it's not fundamentally difficult.

Doing it in a way that actually generates net power and doesn't blow up in your face - that's the tricky part. Same basic problem for Thorium. We know it works on paper, and we've done small scale tests of it, but making an industrial scale reactor is a whole other beast.

What about nuclear reactor safety? Small countries like mine cant handle nuclear reactors. Would an offshore solution , like nuclear reactors on aircraft carriers, be viable ?

First thorium reactor was in the 40's. Canada using our reactors can use thorium.

Here's a short essay I've written on nuclear power. It has references.
docs.google.com/document/d/1IwKbwEPMbCKPyQcE5fFQvoImkQ5DEJc5XWPUdgfmWTw/edit?usp=drive_web

They need to take away our nuclear reactors any way possible, least we set them all to meltdown if stuff ever goes really bad.

I still think we should blow nuclear waste depots and other stuff sky high if we ever lose Europe, solely nobody but Europeans can ever have it. They'd do the same if they could to deny us taking any of their lands. If we go down we might aswell drag them all with us.

May as well set off a few cobalt bombs while you are at it.
But we all know you won't do anything. Germany is now a nation of pussies. You will roll over and take muzzie dick till the day you die.

So you're telling me don't have to do safety tests with dumb russians on their off shift? Nah let's just keep nuclear banned

aghahahhahahah this is so fucking stupid

Yes if wind+sun come together we produce more than we need because we cant just turn off the basic power-plants.

this shit about people getting money though is just pulled out of the writer's ass. Our energy prices have been skyrocketing ever since the state started subsidizing "renewables" and on days like that may 8 we actually pay our neighboring countries to take the surplus energy because it would de-stabilize the net otherwise.

"Green" energy is a scam. Always was and will be until we find some way to store large amounts of energy.

The "Energiewende" has been a disaster so far.

>60% white
>importing mudslimes doing the exact same thing
>trash talking others despite having armed milias
Nice try! Especially since resorting to scorched earth before we hit Lebanon/Kosovo level and have the resulting societal breakdown and conflict to see what actually comes out of it is going to help so much!

Not all green energy is, tidal and hydroelectric are good.

ok so suddently white people are ok when they do this hm

No they're racist for not shipping the electricity to Africa

This is NOT true.

What happens instead when there is a very sunny and windy day is that the German government needs to "send" energy to neighboring countries so the network does not break down because of overload.

Here is the best part: We are PAYING THEM to take the extra energy

i mean the idea of a country being powered entirely by renewables.

Hydroelectric power is too specific in its demands, you cant just put a dam wherever you need energy.

>What about nuclear reactor safety?

not really much different from most chemical plants desu senpai
risk of meltdown is practically zero

>but chernobyl
are you the soviet union? are you going to build 60's style soviet reactors with fucking graphite moderation?
if not, then you don't have to worry about chernobyl.

>but fukushima
is your country at risk of getting hit by heavy earthquakes and big tsunamis?
if yes, consider building your plants elsewhere.
if not, then you don't have to worry about fukushima.

Fair enough.
I know Canada has a shitlosd of hydroelectric power though.

hydro is good. requires large rivers and enough space to build a huge dam and reservoir though.

We were going to build a huge ass waste dumb in the Nevada mountains but the 2 people that live within a hundred mile radius of them got butthurt I guess. There has never been an accident transporting nuclear waste and the trucks that do can literally get hit with a train and not leak any waste.

Sure we can not 100% make accidents go away, and we know this. That's why we shield our reactors really well so if they go haywire that shit stays on the inside.

Yes, we totally have to use the 15 sunny days, we have per year. That will totally stop global warming. Ja Ja Aha Aha.

This
>not taking your energy from a waterfall

that the guys famous world over for eng would build a system without a manner to regulate the output to a safe level to the national grid? bullshit

Why not have a variety of energy sources? Why does it have to be either green or no green?

You understand every coal company in the US has gone bankrupt in the last 8 years, right?

I doubt they are contributing to Greenpeace through any channels.

if our engineers were in charge of the national power grid and energy supply then we'd be running on 98% nuclear and 2% hydro.

sadly the ones in charge are politicians, and thus by extension, the media.

Have you seen French and Belgium reactors? I'd put more trust in Chernobyl.

It was actually built. Department of Energy (who built it) refused to license it.

It took about $10B and 7 years to build.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yucca_Mountain_nuclear_waste_repository

I love this summer.

It's raining all day and it's arround 20°C. I love it.

Reminds me back of the summers in Scotland.

fuck, senpai.

>Singapore powered by floating nuclear reactors
Jesus fucking Christ why don't you guys just put the whole island on a boat?

Can you guys send us someone even a quarter as good as Lee Kuan Yew so we can fix Detroit? Or give us something he touched or some such relic?

pic related
+ I have not seen a French or Belgium reactor and you neither.

Yeah, actually offshore nuclear reactors are pretty much the absolute best option

If a meltdown actually does happen, the radioactive material drops straight to the bottom of the ocean where:

1. Any particles escaping from the fuel gets diluted throughout the breadth of the ocean, which is fucking huge

2. radiation can't irradiate anything because water blocks it all

3. fuel automatically cools down and the meltdown ceases once it hits the water

I hate this piece of shit country.

We can store the waste in Molten Salt Reactors and get even more energy, fuckwit.

And you obviously haven't been paying attention. The USA hasn't had a nuclear accident since Three Mile, because we don't fuck around with nuclear unlike the chinks and the ruskies.

>round up unemployed refugees
>make them turn giant wheels
>connected to generators
>produce clean power

No, they aren't.
LFTR'S are, they don't melt down

>and you neither.
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR CATTENOM! It's ticking time-bomb.

>(also the earth is flat)
God damn it, Australia. You almost made an acceptable and coherent post, then you went and fucked it up.

Yeah what is up with the anti-nuclear power stuff, I was looking forward to the development of fusion reactors then I look away for a moment and suddenly nuclear power is the work of the devil.

Also probably nobody was even affected by 3 mile island

You don't have to be a lefitist to be anti nuclear energy

Germany still has far more coal power plants than France.

A few engineers were

it started with the anti nuculer power movie the china syndrome in 1979, then the tsjernobyl disaster happened in 1986 and fukushima in 2011.
You looked away for a long time desu.

they're connecting the wind farms of the north with the large energy consumers in the south but that's taking forever

The Chinese and Indians are also beating us to practical thorium-fueled reactors, which could power the world for tens or hundreds of thousands of years before we ran out of fuel.

we can reprocess it

This fucks up our energy infrastructure..

>Floating city of Singapore
Sounds aesthetic as fuck desu

plants are pretty well armed against those attacks, they have extremely thick walls that can withstand an airplane for example. Its not fullproof, but shit, its nearly build like a bunker.

You want the real, redpilled reason?

It's because we don't want to do business with Australia and Canada. Fuck you guys.

Nuclear is way too fucking expensive.

It's far and away the most costly source of energy per kwh.

coal > oil and natural gas > hydro electric > wind > solar > tidal >>>>> nuclear

There have big improvements in things like solar and wind recently, even coal has come down in price. But nuclear is the same exact same technology and cost as 50 years ago. expensive af.

> Australia
> flat earther
so much red pill from such a troll, does not compute

yes, and that never reaches the costumers. Only the providers.

So yeah, clean energy is really neat but it is not magic.

hahaha, (((Greenpeace))) being funded by coal and oil companies...

No. Electricity is more expensive in Germany than it is here (and it's expensive here)

Fuck you. You love it. No discussion.

nuclear or bust you kikes