Official Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox gamethread: Eleven Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-white-sox-rangers-spt-0818-20170817-story.html
brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/zoneTrack.php?month=9&day=04&year=2017&game=gid_2017_09_04_clemlb_chamlb_1/&prevDate=0904
twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/904467177234997249
twitter.com/AnonBabble

José x5 Subedition
Mejia's first hit today? Subsubedition

Go Tribe

A Danny Salazar bat that was used by Hosey yesterday is headed to the HoF edition

I don't want the winning streak to end.

Remember when Austin Jackson was on the Sox and terrible? He gets forgotten among the Dunns, Fraziers, and LaRoches.

>[audible José in the background]

All good things must end. Tribe way is it would be from the Sox unfortunately.

happy labor day

just in time for juego G to resume the tank

This'll be the first series in a while where we actually see fans of the other team in the gamethread

And probably the last one too until the final series against Cleveland at the end of the season.

injuns

Who've you been playing?

Injuns desu

>Bauer with command issues by first pitch

sorry about your struggles this season

When is he going to do the Belle pose?

rays tigs twins all of the threads were dead as fuck and just us usual
also didn't help that some of the guys who are fun to watch for future like steaks and yoyo are gone but we do now have gio reylo and well fulmer I guess

Concerned

His first innings are always ugly.

>getting hit on 0-2
yolmemes

I'll not soon be forgetting ajax's brief time with us. He was just starting to figure it out too before that injury. And this was his highlight.

I don't know what his contract is like but I'm surprised the Sox didn't try moving Abroo, unless they figure he's in the team of the future

He's the fan favorite and face of franchise. He can still hit and is working very well with the youngsters and not just the cuban ones.

chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-white-sox-rangers-spt-0818-20170817-story.html

>but in the fifth inning, the Sox noticed something might be off. Manager Rick Renteria and trainer Herm Schneider went to the mound to check on him and asked about his shoulder and arm.

>Lopez told them both were fine, but as the pair made their way back to the dugout, first baseman Jose Abreu stepped in to make sure there wasn't anything bothering Lopez, a player Abreu knows is expected to be a big part of the rebuilding team's future.

>"First and foremost, we have to highlight he wanted to pitch through the pain," Abreu said afterward through an interpreter. "But when Ricky left, I asked him, 'Hey, are you sure you're feeling good?' Because I think with that kind of talent, you can't mess around. You have to take care of these kids, especially if you are thinking of the future. He told me his right side was sore, and then at that moment, I decided to call Ricky back to let him know."

>The Sox then pulled Lopez,

I'd be real remiss to see him go.

Bauer needs runs, fast

Time to score some runs senpai

If he keeps this kind of production up he's going to be really expensive come 2020 free agency.

Fucking shields

Shields gonna Shields

Windians pls

BIG GAME

LINDOR MUST APOLOGIZE

Well that was fast

gg indians

shields reassuming his role as tank commander

>spending labor day in my room watching james shields throw predictable bp

of course

Mean by friend, Carlos. I like him

Can Kimmy just start WW3 already so we don't have to suffer through the rest of this "game"*?

*game implies competition not Big Game throwing meatballs

Is this Gomer's last season?

I expect an apology from every White Sox fan after this game. All 5 of you.

who is to say big game isnt gone by october 3rd? We are almost through with him pitching for the Sox.

>shields grunting this loud after every pitch

He's still the best defensive catcher

more

>perez hits an RBI double

>phillies also losing big
Can't even gain ground today

What shit

Rbo is insanely ugly

Wasn't Shields good in the Ninny League?

What happened to shields after he left KC? He's been shit consistently for a few years now.

I don't think so. Santana's probably not going to be resigned so Mejia is moving to either first or third.

his velo and control severely dropped most likely as a result of age
He went full weaver and should resign from the game like him too
same with holland

Alright mattyd no no hitter!

BEARS

Rbo likes blackcawks

Well Mejía won't play until June. I suppose playing first is feasible but they'll give him catching starts since that's his position. But expect Gomes to get moved unless he miraculously finds his hitting and had no drop off defensively (both unlikely)

eeesh timmay

Not surprising, they're Chicago's nhl team

Ump is an Indians fan

also a sox fan, righting the sox tank back up

Chicago sports fans are so passionate I wish I wasn't born in this shithole

>liking nhl
leafs pls go and drop the us proxy

>rycob liriamay

who /fuck the cubes/ here?

>real, live Rays fan

funny thing indiansbro, we never saw a single rays fan in the past 3 games

He reminds me of the one rays fan I saw at the wildcard game between our two teams in '13.

I don't though. I'll watch Jackets games once in a while but if I'm going to watch hoc Monsters are comfier. Even then hockey is third tier sport

It's just the resident Dodgers autist playing make believe again.

>1-2-3 inning

It's TBS posting out of boredom. Rays don't play until 7pm.

If only Engel could hit...

The real Tbs has a different trip though

lel timmay

That was low

I want to disagree, but there's been a handful of suspicious pitches. I'll take a look at what Bauer's getting.

Is that Tigers ball boy from yesterday gonna commit soduku?

Good lord

MEJIA

defense...

FRANKIE #2

He's made some ridiculously awful calls on both sides
brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/zoneTrack.php?month=9&day=04&year=2017&game=gid_2017_09_04_clemlb_chamlb_1/&prevDate=0904

IT BEGINS

Slamtana almost got Sarbaugh'd

Congrats Mejia!!!

Good guy Santana hustling to make Mejia's first hit an RBI.

shields giving up the first hit to someone yet again

Is this the 5th or 6th time now? What a fucking embarrassment shields is

FRANCISCO MEJIA THE FUTURE IS NOW

How's the weather up near the stadium? It's looking like it's going to rain down here

In case some of our Soxbros didn't see it and need a le
twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/904467177234997249

???

Weird, not sure what happened there

Hopefully it's just the turbo-bautism and he was pointing where he wanted the ball to go.

he gone

came off the bag
good job avi

Injuns bad baserunning today

Yeah he's pretty autistic, so much so that it wouldn't surprise me if he shitposts here.

Hey fuck you i don't post here

t. Revor

Still can't be beat.

Just because I post here sometimes doesn't mean I'm autistic

What was the call there? His hand stayed on the bag. Did the tag beat him?

Looked that way to me

Because his body blocked most of the cameras, the call on the field stood. I think his hand probably stayed on it, but oh well, it was a retarded choice to run anyways.