Tantive IV barely escapes from vader and the imperials in rogue one

>tantive IV barely escapes from vader and the imperials in rogue one
>in episode IV when vader captures leia she says "the senate won't tolerate this that you attacked a ship on a diplomatic mission"

What did she mean by this?
Did she think Vader and the imperials are totally retarded?

>Did she think Vader and the imperials are totally retarded?

She was caught with her hand in the cookie jar and Vader wasn't having any of his shit. Made me appreciate that scene even more.

are you legitmately autistic to not realize that people sometimes tell blantant lies?

What?
But user it is like you are trying to rob a bank, you barely escape with with your car. The police finds your car, and you tell them wtf guys I am on a diplomatic mission with this car leave me alone.

you wouldn't?

Have you ever met real people?

oh soo thats why vader tells her shes part of the ira bell alliance? hmm makes sense

>you wouldn't?
>blantant lies

this is what star wars fanboys believe? from the fucking genius leia a blatant lie like this is unbelievable.

This a so fucking big plothole that it even hurts to watch.

Yeah it's a much better idea to not even try getting out of the situation.

have you even seen any court hearing? people will say they didn't do shit even when they're recorded doing shit on CCTV, thats what people do you autist

have you ever seen politician accused of something? do they just acknowledge they broke the law and ask for punishment, or do they lie? have yoe ever seen how politicians answer questions?

WATCH IT LEIA

Was he aware that she's his daughter? And how did he found out about Luke being his son if he didn't know where he was all the time?

pls post finger sucking gif

god told him.

They should have watched A New Hope more before writing R1, fucking hacks

>how did he found out about Luke being his son
maybe because Luke literally has the same last name as him

"diplomatic mission" is just the expected chin-wag.

the shit about senate is nepotism. she's royalty so she can't be arrested. do you even politics?

Watch Cops, man. Every goddamn retard has an excuse.

No no no, that makes far too much sense. I think it has to be some deeper understanding of father/son bonds and maybe their dress sense.

Not user, he obviously ALWAYS tells the truth.

>Every goddamn retard has an excuse.

so you want to tell me that Leia was a retard?

I thought she was a fucking genius.

Not everyone with a British accent is supposed to be a genius.

And you think the genius move is to say
>Rueaaayeah I'm part of the rebeliion, you got me *finger guns*

what didn't work for me was the fact that princess leia, royalty and a senator was involved in the battle at all?

Isn't it much better for the rebellion to have her as an insider and someone who has political leverage?

she was there to smuggle out the plans since she had diplomatic immunity as a memeber of the senate. in theory and according to law Empire couldn't board her to intercept plans, but Vader gave no fucks anyways

if that's the case, the rebels truly are stupid.

they could have had her go to the archive and take the main characters there under pretense of an official senatorial visit. We get a suspenseful espionage and infiltration kino

but then again, spaceship toys ain't gonna sell themselves...

The movie was made 40 years before Rogue One, obviously Lucas had no idea what the future would hold.

but it was not an official Rebel mission, Rebellion didn't want to steal the plans so main characters went there Rogue 1™: A Star Wars™ Story so they had to improvise

>Leia
>British accent

I watched R1 last night and I still can't believe how badly edited was the whole "lets steal plans, no wait we wont, no wait we actually will" storyline was.

And why the fuck did the rebels, after deciding not to pursue the plans, send their fleet anyway. Just because? Compared to disney drones, even Peter Jackson seems like less of a hack

>Make several jumps to try and lose persuit
>in the Meantime change license plate, IFF, and ship's name, hoping to trick Imperial tracking
>they don't fall for the bullshit, Leia still tries to lie in Vader's face, holding on to "hope"
Is that too cognitive?

>And why the fuck did the rebels, after deciding not to pursue the plans, send their fleet anyway.
Admiral notAkbar went there by himself after he learned what main characters did, and rest of Rebellion followed since they were pretty much all in by that point anyways.