It all makes sense

It all makes sense

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uuPHF7_eWYk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>y'know i think Gandalf wanted us to get to Mordor via the eagles.
>that's brilliant, how do we contact them?
>uh..
>Right, fuck off now.

D E E P E S T L O R E

That is some top notch autism.

I miss Tolkien threads

it was the only good thing about those new hobbit movies

The eagle plan wouldn't work because the enemy has birds patrolling the skies, which would immediately clue Sauron in to what they were doing.

>mordor lookout sees eagles incoming
>notifies sauron home base
>sauron orders the nazgul on their flying mounts
>nazgul and eagles approach each other in the sky
>eagles FUCKING WRECK THEIR SHIT
>eagle with the one ring payload flies above mt. doom and drops it into the volcano
or
>eagle finds the mt. doom entrance and frodo hops off and drops that shit into the lava
>age of eagles begins

ayy

Well the Eagles are controlled by Radagast and in the books it was because he didn't want to get involved at first.

The fact the books are based on WWII is no secret and I'm pretty sure the Eagles are meant to represent America (Eagles...America...so obvious it's painful) coming in to help at the last minute. They obviously didn't win it like they think they did but they provided the help needed to end the war.

Except the eagles cared little or not at all for the struggles of ME. They owed their allegiance to Gandalf alone but they were not under his direct command and won't do his bidding on a whim.

There is also the problem that the Eye of Sauron would have seen them coming from so far off he would have time to set all the 9 and all of his winged beasts on them. It would not be pretty which is why the eagles wouldn't do it nor do I think Gandalf would be that stupid.

>yfw The eagles helped before only at the most crucial time.

I'm not sure the eagles would be able to beat the nazguls if they were carrying the fellowship.

just fredo

and maybe gandolf so he can do a thing with his wizard stick

the rest of the fellowship could hang back and chill in rivendel in the mean time and maybe even fuck some of those fine looking elfs

>They owed their allegiance to Gandalf alone
Not even that. Iirc it was more of "Okay, I guess we owe you one".

why didn't the eagles just build a nest on top of mt. doom, blocking off the airway to put out the lava?

Why didn't the eagles just go with the fellowship and vomit food into their mouths so they didn't need to eat shitty bread?

How did dwarves know what nervous system is?

>Ukranian

>Ukranian
No such nation exists mate.

>I'm pretty sure the Eagles are meant to represent America
Kek, I bet you are.

Protip: they're not.

why didnt golem tell frodo about shelob after they became bros?

>the absolute fucking state of american delusions

>You know of what I speak, Gandalf — a great Eye… lidless… wreathed in flame

You are retarded. The fellowship and eagles would get raped in mordor.

Mordor was heavily guarded, with wraiths in skies and huge armies on the land. The whole place was full of black magic. Sauron himself would fuck them up.

Actually it makes sense, the Americans saved Europe from the Soviet Union (hot lava that killed Sauron) rather than Sauron himself.

The brain is part of the central nervous system you coon

just have aragorn knock on the gates and then fly really fast around the back

This was the one cool thing the hobbit did in cgi

Sauron's shadow wreathed in flame forming the shape of an eye, rather than a literal giant eyeball

But the eagles end up fighting and beating them anyway.
So the plan would have worked.

Didn't really answer his question

no, not retarded

like mentioned , most of the fellowship would stay away, only frodo and gandalf would be riding like one or two eagles

the huge armies on land is a non-existant issue

the eagles would rape the nazgul in the sky, just like they were in the final movie. Gandalf would provide some ancient flame backup if absolutely necessary

frodo leaps off near the volcanic entrance and flushes that shit down the tube

it'd be a quick and precision tactical operation and it would succeed

now try to convince me why this would fail

they didn't use eagles because:
1. Eagles were selfish and gave no fucks about Sauron or the war, they only changed their mind at the end
2. they were maiar, would be very tempted by the ring and propably would try to take it for themselves
3. would get intantly spotted by the fucking fire radar eye, and Sauron would just seal the entrance to Mt. Doom with fuckton or ork armies and rekt eagles with his airborne creatures
jesus crist people who perpetuate eagles meme are fucking dumb

>The fact the books are based on WWII
No they're not

>The fact the books are based on WWII is no secret
>the fact
>fact

J.R.R "I hate allegory" Tolkien

Even if it was an allegory for WWII the eagles did almost nothing in the story or than bring Frodo home AFTER the ring got destroyed. That means the eagles showed up after the war was over, so it's really not like you say

>HURRR DEEE DURRR AMERICA

all of this means nothing because even if Frodo was on an eagle he still wouldn't drop the ring into Mount Doom.

see

>Well the Eagles are controlled by Radagast and in the books it was because he didn't want to get involved at first.
This isnt true
The eagles are like the Ents, they just fuck off in the mortal affairs of middle earth
The eagle king owes gandalf his life, which is why he saves gandalf and the company in the hobbit and gandalf again in lotr, and frodo/sam at the end of lotr

But the Eagles beat the nazgul, you fool.

>The fact the books are based on WWII is no secret
Except that he deliberately states in the foreword of the books that they are not allegorical, and are not based off WWII

The Eagles were there fighting before the ring was destroyed though.

Radagast doesnt control the eagles or any other animal, he just likes them very much

The eagles are maiar like Radagast, btw. They're all "superior" spirits

>the eagles would rape the nazgul in the sky, just like they were in the final movie
they only were able to did it because Ring was already destroyed and Saurons will that was binding his servants to him shattered, when ring existed they could not win against Nazgul and an entire spare army of those flying creatures that Sauron would be able to control

I was very disappointed. They didnt design a new appearance for Sauron, instead it's just the shadow of his combat armor.

because Sauron was already dead then and he could no longer give strenght to Nazgul and control flying creatures

The eagles were fighting before the ring was destroyed retard.

The eagles were fighting before the ring was destroyed.

>autist who can't understand humor

yeah and they were getting their asses kicked

Idiots BTFO!

youtube.com/watch?v=uuPHF7_eWYk

eagles wrecking Nazgul is just Hackson invention, it's wasn't described in the book like that

>discussion about lore
>posts a scene from the movie
hahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

still doesn't change the fact that if they came earleir Sauron would have just sent more of the flying beasts in the air

The only thing dumber than the usual "they could've flown the ring!" meme is actually suggesting you gove the eagles the knowledge that they're carrying something NOTHING and NO ONE can resist. They'd be overcome like every other being on ME and there's no accidentally pushing an Eagle into the fire like a hobbit

Incorrect, buttblasted children.

Sauron didn't have any more flying beasts.

the fucking what
by providing sovoks with gigatonnes of war equipment and gifting them half of europe they saved europe from them?
>fucking american education

Saruman's pirds could pribably btfo an eagle

what the fuck are you trying to say

They should have let them liberate all the way to Pyrenees is that your idea?

>eagle
>wear a ring

One of the things that really bothered me is the eagles. Not that they didn't use them to throw the ring into the volcono. It bothered me that they were used in the same way they were used in the hobbit. It didn't feel like it was poetry and it rhymed, it felt like lazy writing.

of course he must have had, he was breeding them which implies he had spares. in the book Legolas even killed one and Nazgul just got new one later

Well, humans have known about nerves for just under two millennia, so it doesn't seem too far-fetched that a more technologically primitive society would know about them.

They were best bros so i don't see why not.
But i guess they fell apart near the end after uncle stalin decided to reorganize the 90% jewish "russian" commie government so jews running america no longer liked them.

No, you are wrong again kid.

He sent everything he had to the final battle.

This is explicitly stated.

nobody was able to resiist the ring, even Frodo wasn't able to and the only reason he succeded was because of his fight with gollum. and eagles were powerful spirits on par with Balrog and Galdalf in power level, if they were there they would just take the ring and Frodo would not be able to push them into lava like he did with gollum

You have no idea what are you talking about.

The only way to Mt. Doom was to stealth. Anything other would get spoted by The Eye and destroyed.

Eagles got in, but AFTER the Sauron was defeated and his magic broken.

>whats a hyperbole

The ring was too small for the eagles to wear.

Checkmate.

If only Tom Bombadil gave a fuck.

>what's a child can't accept being proven wrong multiple times so starts shitposting.

Why are there so many childish retards in the lotr fanbase?

rings changes its size to fit the potential wearer, it's shown in the very first scene of the movie.
gg ez

Pipe don, kid.

see

>not strapping the ring to a falcon and have it hurl down to the mountain on a speed approximating a cruise missile

>you're a childish child kid, heh

>the ring could have a 1m diameter

It is literally impossible.

>that last paragraph

top jej

So you admit defeat? Good.

I don't understand what are you trying to say. The eagles clearly could not enter mordor. The fellowship would get attacked and probably killed in the fight.

also
>movies

In all seriousness: he says nothing about the inner machinations of the central nervous system, and what he says could easily just be from experience.

Once you've axed enough orcs in the head and noticed it causes the body to twitch you don't have to be a genius to see a correlation.

why not? it's the most powerful magical item in existance. also their toes were not 1m in diameter, more like 15 cm at most

>The eagles clearly could not enter mordor.
Lies
>The fellowship would get attacked and probably killed in the fight.
No need for the fellowship

The eagles were exaggerated in the movies
During Gandalfs escape from Orthanc he ask Gwaihir(eagel king) how long can he carry him, in which he replies, "several leagues if need be, but even I cannot carry you all the way to Rivendell"

Then what would you do?

Give ring to eagles and pray that they will be lucky enought to fight throught wraiths, sauron, orcs, and black magic?

don't you fucking tell me what's impossible in a universe where giant trees marched to fuck up an evil wizard

Funland seemed to do just fine without any 'murican help.

One eagle carry frodo, the rest beat the nazgul easily like in, Frodo then destroys the ring easily because he hasn't grown to want it.

The wraiths can sense the ring and would gank the eagle with Frodo.

they could not, they were only able to enter mordor after the ring was destroyed. Sauron could use magic m8 and had powerful protective spells on the borders. not to mention he'd move whole orc armies to the mountains entrance as soon as he saw them and they wouldnt be able to enter the mountain itself. also you're forgetting that eagles would just take the ring for themselves.

>he hasn't grown to want it
It doesn't matter how long he had it, there's no way Frodo would be able to willingly throw the ring into the fires from whence it came.

now you're just talking out of your ass

Why didn't the eagles carry the dwarves to Erebor?

They already showed up at the end of the first film, carry them just a bit further down the hill and then fuck off back to where they came from, knowing the orcs were still on their tails.

Incorrect. only if he is wearing it.

Incorrect on all counts

Incorrect.

He didn't care for the ring at all at the start and would have happily destroyed it.

>speed approximating a cruise missile

why didnt sauron use the nazgul to go to the shire and kill frodo instead of taking weeks by using horses?

>only if he is wearing it.
Incorrect. Both wraiths and The Eye can sense the bearer of the Ring, even without seeing them.

Also don't forget that ring has mind on his own. If you would try to throw him into the volcano from the skies, he would miss.

Incorrect.

see pic related

that just confirms what wrote you dumbass. They can SENSE it, not exactly pinpoint it's location