So which did you prefer?

So which did you prefer?

I prefer old as an overall album but the new one definitely has better instrumentation
Cute Things went from the weakest moment on the album to the biggest bop on the planet

So he has nothing new?

I prefer the new one. While it doesn't have the special charm anymore, it's at least listenable at all points and the improvements are vast at some songs, while others just got damaged ever so slightly at worst.

>Cute Thing is the weakest moment on TF (2011)

nah b this album is by far his most popular and acclaimed despite the non existent production. that's a whole lot of money waiting for him but they can't release it on vinyl for $30 a copy with quality like that so they rerecorded it. it was bound to happen since a lot of these are his best songs

but yeah it's just a cash grab

name one (1) more boring track on the album other than MAYBE sober to death

Stop Smoking

honest to god one of my favorite tracks on the album though, I always loved how fucking comfy and simple it is
it's an amazing wind down from blid imo

Fair enough.

I like both

new one is better

You like Car Seat Headrest? Their early work was a little too experimental for my taste. But when My Back Is Killing Me Baby came out in 2011, I think they really came into their own, lyrically and melodically. The whole album has a dark, lo-fi sound and a new sheen of young angst that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Sam Ray, but I think Will has a far more engaging, memorable songwriting ability. In November, Will released this; Twin Fantasy, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is Famous Prophets, a song so sad, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the heartbreak of a failed relationship and the feeling of being truly alone and despondent, it's also a philosophical statement about the passage of time making happiness we found in our past fade away. Hey, Paul!

The thing is while I think that new Twin Fantasy is objectively better, I feel like something is lost in him re-recording it in higher fidelity. There's something so magical about the original, that a nobody with very limited means of production and recording wrote and recorded all of these incredible songs. When I listen to the new Twin Fantasy I don't get the same feeling of "that could be me" that I get from the original, it feels a lot less personal. I don't know if that makes any sense I'm kind of drunk ;p

I feel similarly. It's not the hi-fi production, the songs sound great and I've gotten a lot of replay value, but the narrative isn't there. It feels disattached from the storyline of the original. Famous Prophets no longer feels hopeless and depressive, it's like a retrospective of the time in his life when he was sad. Maybe that's the point, but the songs don't really have the same value, it feels like Will struggling to tap into what he was feeling when he made the original.

sorry to be that asshole but where are you people getting a link for this

sucked Andrew Katz's dick for a copy.

dbr ee hjPI

I don't have the source but I'm pretty sure that this is the point. I've seen a couple of people talk about this but I recall reading something about how will said that the remake is specifically supposed to be a revisiting of the themes, like a sort of checkup on how he's been doing since then, which is why he changed lyrics around and made a new narrative.
For example, at the end of the original album, he repeats "when I come back you'll still be here"
The remake is him coming back and musing on the past. At least that's how I think of it. To me it has a deeper meaning désu

thank you

Do you think Will is one of those twinks that don’t want his dick sucked but only wants to suck yours?

I get that, yeah. In fact, the final monologue on Those Boys where he discusses the fact that in this fantasy world he's created in his music his relationship will forever exist is really nice. That's a change I do like.

kinda unrelated question but since this came out I was reading up on the background of the album and shit and I'm kind of confused
So was Cate Wurtz originally a guy or a girl, and what the hell was it when Will was in a relationship with it? What is it now?

it's on a need to know basis.

jesus christ I love this meme

why can't he just make shitty breakcore like other furries

someone should make a strawpoll

could someone post a link to download the leak?

be sure to include an "I don't care" option

on the matador site it says "This, Will says, is the most vital difference between the old and the new: he no longer sees his own story as a tragedy."

I dunno, but i'd definitely like to get succ by Willy Tortilla.

>sober to death
>not the best album on TF

>best album on TF
>album
>TF
>album on TF
really gets ur noggins joggin huh

assuming you're implying that sober to death is the best song on TF, I respect it but I can't get into it as much
I mean both versions are personal 10/10s for me for different reasons, so obviously I love every song, but if I had to choose a worst song on old, it'd be either sober to death or cute thing
best song on both versions is famous prophets

The original is definitely the best, although the new one is still pretty good and I really enjoy it as well. I just wish that some of the aspects of the original could have carried over to the sequel like the use of reverb, there's hardly any of it on this album, even on My Boy, one of the most reverby songs on the album. However despite all my gripes with the sequel not shaping up to the original, I still think it's a really good album and gives a nice sort of second perspective on the work as a whole