If I rigged a lightsaber so that it would always be switched on and dropped it, would it go through the planet?

If I rigged a lightsaber so that it would always be switched on and dropped it, would it go through the planet?

it would melt half way through

>rigging crystals
please

no because light sabers are not real and a sword made of light would be harmless

are there any light sabers that are really long or that can change length?

Supposedly that's what some have dials on the side for. Dunno tho, that's all random extended universe diagram stuff.

If a saber always switches off when it's not held, how can Darth Vader do a saber throw?

post crystal recipe

Could just tape down the on button

>light sabers

The force

do you know we already have lasers that cut metal right?

Remember in Ep1 when Qui Gon was cutting through the door? That looked like it took some serious effort, I think there's a fair amount of resistance between the beam and the material it's cutting through (enough to counter gravity).

he uses the force to keep the switch one

yoda has a small one

I meant laser swords, sorry, lad

you can see him grabbing some tape and putting it on the button in the previous shot.. if you watch it enough times

or he used the force same way he can squeeze throats and float potatoes

many Sith choose not to put a failsafe cut-off on their lightsaber because of edginess reasons

I was actually taking the piss out of
>long
>can change length
But that works too

realistically it would probably end up right side up and wouldnt be melting shit below at some point

agreed, I don't think they're some kind of "de-matterizers" that will pass through anything instantly, they still take effort from the wielder to burn/melt through something more dense.

remember in Phantom Menace obi wan lightsaber doesn't work cause it gets wet

Are they rechargeable? Bit of a pain in the ass to keep it charged up. What if you forget and get in a tussle?

Did any of you read that Donald Duck comic by Don Rosa about a guy in a 'black matter" suit of armor?

Lightsabers can't cut into anything you know.