>Live on a ticking time bomb

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2010/apr/15/iceland-volcano-weather-french-revolution
youtube.com/watch?v=9bGNUCxJ_Dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope you know that if this goes off the whole world is pretty much fucked

the good part is that it will kill Canada too

No i'm not )

Yeah, you are as well. The ash cloud will block out the sun.

I'm not :^)

elaborate

I don't know what this is or does, but like most things in the new world it's probably dangerous and might explode for no good reason. Also based on the location it probably hates Mormons.

at least millions of yanks will be instantly vapourized for the trouble

But you will die first.

It's the Yellowstone supervolcano, I think

A breadbasket gets obliterated, food shortages globally, the world economy enters a massive depression, and the climate gets fucked.

T H I C C

We have our own supervolcano here and we're a small isolated country. We're much deader than Americans if it erupts.

>food shortages globally
How? Will all food just magically disappear?

>America makes grain/corn
>ash in the sky from supervolcano
>plants can't grow bc there's so much ash in the sky
>entire year of crops dies
>same thing in parts of Canada
>no more bread/veggies/cattle for America
>ash cloud spreads to rest of the world
>process repeats all over
>not enough crops survive to feed everyone
>people starve
>equivalent to destroying all the ricefields in China

But what about Europe?

What about strategic national stockpile of food? There should be enough food there to buy time and build a bunch of greenhouses.

why would Europe be exempt? people will hog all food for a while, prices will go up spectacularly, and soon after that society will fall into chaos and anarchy, people will kill each other for food, practice cannibalism etc...

You should read up on what happens during a famine, my pampered friend

>america
>fucking die

>rest of the world
>uhmm.. it's a bit colder today!

I'm not sure how much food is in the stockpile, but a lot of the warehouses would be damaged due to the blast/ash/fire. Most of the roads connecting the west and east coast will be buried under meters of ash. Power and phone lines would be severed. And keep in mind that there are millions living in that area, who will all be heading to the cities to survive. And the cities don't make much food of their own; they depend on the midwest for most of their food. I'm not even sure what plans the US government has for this, because most of the plans involve getting the government away from the destruction, and then they'll decide what to do with about 350 million people living in the aftermath of a super volcano. And I doubt China and Russia won't take advantage of their rival getting fucked in the ass by an eruption about 3 million times stronger than the nuclear bombs we dropped on Japan

You don't realize how much of your food comes from here. Not all, but a significant enough amount that if we stopped exporting, the whole world will feel the ripple effect.

Not to mention no more NATObucks and soldiers.

The global food supply depends on constant production, and a transportation network to move it around, if either is disrupted then there will be shortages.

>develop nukes
>mother earth puts one under you

karma is real

t. country importing food

>colder climate
Great. It will cancel out the effects of global warming and hopefully make the weather normal again

>plants can't grow bc there's so much ash in the sky
There are ways around that. If the Greenlanders and Samis can survive without crops then so can we. Or we could simply build special greenhouses with artificial lighting.

We're not part of NATO so who cares.

I'm actualy exited now, yellowstone can't explode soon enough

>importing food from America

No we don't. Not even the burgers

Looks like the ashcloud will only affect the US. Will we have to take in American refugees?

some small icelandic volcano fucked europe flight space for days, that shit would destroy the world's economy

theguardian.com/world/2010/apr/15/iceland-volcano-weather-french-revolution

You're exaggerating. It wasn't that bad

Americans already are refugees.

Could the eruption of the yellowstone supervolcano trigger WWIII?

I can imagine China invading the United States during the event of famine and anarchy, the west couldn't stand a chance against Russia and China without the US.

There's a thing called the PAC in Europe that makes us basically self-sufficient agriculturally except *perhaps* in cereals.

>China
Their army is large but has weak leadership and inferior technology. Even in the event of anarchy they wouldn't stand a chance against the US

>Russia
lol seriously? The Russian economy is in ruins, their military is a paper tiger. If they invaded the Baltic/Scandinavia we'd just kick them out

>You don't realize how much of your food comes from here.
That's only because people in the West mostly eats meat. Meat is a very inefficient food source, like 90%+ of all the crops growing in the US are fed to lifestock, that's around 90-100 million acres of land wasted on feeding life stock, when it could feed hundredths of millions of more people.

If this thing were to go off, people would just revert to eating mainly grains, vegetables and fruit, because it's easy and effective, plus you artificially grow those things inside, even though it's cold outside.

I never said that they're going for the nordic countries, Russia would most likely attack ex ussr countries (kazakhstan, georgia etc.) before anything because they're the ones with all the oil.

But Estonia is an ex-USSR

Thank god i live in the east coast.
I-i-i'll be fine right... haha..

The entirety of America will be fucked, you'll become a statue just like the others.

youtube.com/watch?v=9bGNUCxJ_Dk

No. Greenhouses would increase production. This is not the XIX century, even the dutchies are producing tomatos and cucumbers in plastic greenhouses with literally no clay and artificial UV lightning.

Furthermore, Europe is currently close to being self-reliant on food production and America is more of a massive consumer of agricultural (and all kind of) resources than a provider of foodstuffs, especially in relation to Europe.

But they don't have any valuable natural resources, I do think that Russia could invade the balts but they wouldn't be able to get much further than that.

>yellowstone can't explode soon enough
I agree. Kill me.

To be fair, who doesn't hate Mormons?

I don't.

top kek

You're in the minority.

I thought Europeans were less ignorant.

That's a meme. There are retards everywhere.

Less retards than America.

Whatever you have to tell yourself, Kees. You have a better education system, we all know that. Past that, it's all the same shit.

If it's the same shit then why do so many americans act superior?

>tfw living on a major food producer on the opposite hemisphere
I can't wait for it to happen desu

Because they're retarded.

well 4U :)

dumb

you're acting like euros don't think they're superior to everyone else. you are hilariously arrogant like we are

>you're acting like euros don't think they're superior to everyone else
But they don't.

smart

they do

You're doing it right now, claiming that you're less retarded than we are. I would think if there's anything that Sup Forums could peacefully agree on, it's that stupidity knows no borders.

>Americans will die instantly while europoors will starve slowly
God truly is great.

>When you lived within the instant kill zone
The crust under Yellowstone will liquefy before it erupts, so there will be some warning. But rest assured people will ignore it, hoping that it's nothing.

>he thinks the rest of the world gives a fuck about YELLOWSTONE

kek

This