Who's that one artist you know an embarrassingly autistic amount of knowledge and trivia about?

Who's that one artist you know an embarrassingly autistic amount of knowledge and trivia about?

Everyone has one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D57fYwyhajk
youtube.com/watch?v=XWsYmVWI4I0
youtube.com/watch?v=6N_80u7mxV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

for me its weezer but im not embarrased about it

ramones

I've read a decent bit on robert fripp

Slipknot. For example: did you know their guitarist #4, Jim Root, is not featured on the album cover for their debut album. Former guitarist Josh Brainard is instead, in the black mask in the middle.

Funkadelic

I keep autistic knowledge on everyone whether I like them or not

Deftones

Tie. Metallica and Megadeth.

mortiis because I wrote my english thesis on dungeon synth like a fucking retard

modest mouse. i've listened to *every* single song they've ever put out, many of them hundreds of times

these.

Nirvana. Type O Negative. Swans.

Can I please read it? Or at least tell me some facts about Mortiis.

nirvana

Ugly mane

The Residents and Negativland

nirvana

I think every high school in western WA has a resident Nirvana autist.

Ween.
Do you guys know what it's like to have friends?

I'm in the same boat so no.

pink floyd

the paper itself is kinda shit and cringy because I wrote it in like an hour (when I say "english thesis" I mean ez 10 page final project for an entry level college english class), not really worth a read
But before I wrote it I wasn't even aware that Mortiis was in Emperor. Turns out he wrote some of the lyrics for their most popular songs and ended up being kicked out due to creative differences. Reading interviews and shit, he says that at the time he was really into German electronic music, including shit like Kraftwerk (which I thought was neat). He also has a lot of anxiety; the reason he didn't want to do Mortiis with anyone is because of his fear of being kicked out of another band, and for a long time, he hated his early works because he wanted them to be perfect

The Beach Boys

Frank Zappa

Arctic Monkeys

Checked, Jason Molina. Still haven't picked up his biography though.

nine inch nails
paul mccartney
dllinger escape plan

Bright eyes and the strokes up to the release of their 3rd album

i feel like a brainlet, even though i listen to lots of music i haven't absorbed barely any fun facts

Kanye

Rush

Ween and Melvins.

A friend's a friend who knows what being a friend is. Talking with a friend.

death grips
yeah i know I'm a fag

Aphex Twin
Boards of Canada
Nine Inch Nails

Dir en Grey.
I'm not embarrassed though because I still respect them a lot as a band even if I listen to them less.

do share the most obscure facts

including the really awful first few demos?
Because same. I guess awful is a little harsh, but the like 35 minute tapes of almost pure noise.

Sad Sappy Sucker is great though.

Henry Rollins
Slint

Mac demarco

Yes

Tool

lets talk, how much do you know about Yeg and his contemporaries

in one interview he talked about the most important musical moment in his life. there was this random concert, and he was improvising the way he normally does but suddenly he started hearing the notes to play in his head and he it came so naturally that he started crying in the middle of the solo

also (unrelated) he got boo'd on G3 and satriani had to yell at the crowd or something

aphex twin and thom yorke i feel like i know a bit too much of

This.

Ask me about the Hanna-Barbera cartoon they almost did.

also, here's one of the rare solos when Fripp stands up

youtube.com/watch?v=D57fYwyhajk

>no beards
Fucking DROPPED

Bowie

youtube.com/watch?v=XWsYmVWI4I0

They started with Anders Colsefni as singer, and Shawn Crahan (the clown) as the drummer, their first rehearsals were in an empty shit basement, and they covered the walls in catpiss-soaked rugs they stole from a local animal shelter, to soundproof the room. Joey Jordison joined the band when he came to one of their rehearsals to listen to them. The main reason Shawn wanted another drummer is because he dreamed of a weird lineup consisting of a drummer and a whole lot of percussionists

haha dennis

Marilyn Manson

Radiohead, Jandek. Maybe Haino, but I bet some Japanese folks know more. Only managed to read one biographical book about him

When i was a kid i used to be obsessed with kurt cobain, i probably knew everything about him and listened to every bootleg and unreleased music before the plebes did when they released that doco and album a year ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=6N_80u7mxV4

>tfw you will never be this alpha
why live?

Radiohead
Nine Inch Nails

this
i also used to know a lot about the beatles when i was younger because i was obsessed but a lot of that knowledge has faded. pretty well versed in ty segall still though

nice quads
I fuck with Granger Smith, but before that I also had a significant liking for Eric Church, Justin Moore, and Chris Young.

This but I’m not embarrassed in the slightest about it.

I pretty much binged the entire Gorillaz lore when I was a kid, still remember most of it. The Phase 1 still is their peak in terms of plot, music and art style.

Did you know he got his ribs removed sp he could suck his own dick?

Rammstein

Why does mine not bulge like that?

Radiohead in middle school
Modest Mouse in high school
Don Caballero in college
Don't remember much

Steely Dan
Bruce Cockburn

Eminem
Lady Gaga

good taste, gimme facts

Share some curiosities and obscure facts. I'm interested in Ugly's life.

>Negativland
same.Songs Ohia

Codeine, know pretty much all that's publicly known about them. Been trying to contact the members too

modest mouse, and pearl jam

Not embarrassed about modest mouse, although talking to people about them is fucking horrendous due to the fact that most people are only familiar with their last few albums.

Im embarrassed I know so much about pearl jam

Any particularly obscure Molina facts?

the tapes of noise become endearing after listening to that bands entire discography.

He likes The beach boys

Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree

The Beach Boys

Bowie

The Blood Brothers

Winterland

Chance the Rapper

Rob Scallon

MGMT
I have autistic levels of knowledge

King Crimson

earl sweatshirt. i idolize him and im trying to stop

Don't stop, he's a goat

Eels, Bowie, Francesco Zappesco

these frogs, cuz i'm half frog myself.

>Eels
Did you read his book?Care to share some stories

Mindless Self Indulgence

Trent Reznor

I have a problem

Nine Inch Nails
Deathspell Omega
Henry Rollins

I haven't yet, I will preorder his upcoming album and also get his book

joshua homme

holy FUCK dave was packing. Never woulda thought

Nirvana

beatles
kiss

>New eels album

Just listened to the title track.Seems a pretty good opener.Today is the day is pretty good.It started to grow on me

Buckethead