Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche
youtube.com/watch?v=ti9zdpLlXf0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm pretty sure Yoda advised against fucking around in BOTH the light and dark side.

Who is at the actual light side then?

Star wars sure does compel us to discussion, doesn't it? :)

Go away Kreia

From my point of view, the Sith.

whooah

Didnt they always say they kept balance to the force, and they were peacekeepers not soldiers?

So they should be netrual

i did wonder what exactly it means to be on the light side?
wouldn't a follower of the light side be a pacifist?

like when luke spared Vader but is ok with killing tonnes of star troopers

unless as ive seen a bit of in other media, is that its not just good and evil, its anarchy vs order or individualism vs collectivism.

When? Name one time? Go ahead... Name one

all those in the jedi order are the light side. they are retards who dont allow emotions in their order, whereas dark side is pretty much all emotion.

the force is clearly based on eastern religions, with an emphasis on balance between extremes. luke is the only true jedi in the films, as he has found balance

if he had listened to yoda he never would have defeated the emperor

this is the objectively true chart

Stupidest thread of all time. It's not even about the movies. Fuck off to Reddit.

>the dark side fails because they are too unstable, they literally can't have more than two sith

>the light side becomes complacent and insular.

The dark and light side need each other.
makes me want to see a character who wants to create an order or force users who are are both/neither

Daily reminded that the Light side isn't Lucas canon. The first time it was mentioned why by Ben Ren

The light side are those that have achieved true transcendence in the Buddhist sense, and no longer have an ego and desires. Doing so will give you a stronger connection to the Force as you are at complete peace and in tune with the universe and the Force.

>Sith can actually figure out how to prevent people from dying
>Jedi can't
I mean protection and resurrection spells are not really evil.

What side are the Jews on?

Incorrect. Yoda says in Empire Strikes back the phrase that ended up being the foundation for the light and dark side.
Yoda never mentioned the light side, only saying that the dark side is a quick and easy path, brought on by negative emotions. The only way to defeat the dark side is by suppressing your emotions. A surge of emotions can give you a surge of power, however, the problem is that you tend to rely too much on such psychotic urges to give you strength, until you lose all emotions and compassion. That is when you reach the true pinnacle of the dark side. You become an empty husk only desiring power with nothing more to sacrifice.

where would Shrek fit in?

There is no light side

In the real original Canon there were only Jedi and "dark Jedi"

So there's just the force and the dark side of the force

This is the state of your new fandom

The "light side"

I think we can all agree on this

>no grey jedi

What do light and dark mean exactly? Why do they have to be in balance with each other when the dark side is clearly evil?

>if he had listened to yoda he never would have defeated the emperor
he didn't tho.
it was his dad who suckerpunched sheev

Lawful Evil

Because Lucas made Star Wars black and White to appeal to kiddos

It always made way more sense to me to think of it as order (Jedi/"light") vs chaos (Sith/"dark"), where there are positives and negatives to both sides. The Jedi are all about ironclad rules, and the Sith tend to be more emotional and willful. The Jedi fear the idea of somebody freely using the force for their own sake and indoctrinate their followers at a young age to follow their laws. The Sith tend to give them temptation to defy authority and use their power for their own ends.
The true ideal is in the center and either extreme is flawed.
That would have mostly made sense in the original movies, but then George shat the bed and insisted that "No, the Sith are just evil and the Jedi are good" and ruined any nuance it could have had. He also made it really weird when he pretty much portrayed all emotion and sex as corrupting and evil. Fucking autistic goiternecked manchild.

I just wish the Skeksis didn't more look particularly threatening in the movie. I just wish they did more evil empire stuff.

I had a stroke. Ignore the first "I just wish"

>Sith are opposed to order
>Sith took over the galaxy by creating a totalitarian Empire

Really pumps the ol' neurons

if he wanted to appeal to kiddos he would have made it white only

kids dont like black people

>grey jedi
>using the dark side
>light side of the force
>the old republic

Stop with that EU garbage, only the movies are cannon.
You don't use the Dark Side, you fall to it by greed, Jedi have the abilities to strangle people with the force, they choose not to do so because they don't want to.

The Jedi were nothing but dirty liberals. Qui-gon knew what Anakin was gonna have to do to restore balance.

In terms of how they use the force, yeah. The empire just happened to be Palpatine's ambition.

Jedi Code = Plato

Sith Code = Nietzsche

Prove me wrong.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche

The Jedi don't seem to be very supportive of knowledge, though. They seem to keep a lot of secrets and a lot of study is forbidden.

so if your a jedi and your emotional your instantly a sith?

youtube.com/watch?v=ti9zdpLlXf0

Yes but it was Yoda who told Luke to kill his father to become a jedi. Conversely, this is also what Palpatine told Luke to do to become a Sith.
Instead, Luke decided that he wouldn't kill his own father out of love and it was at the point that Anakin redeemed himself. By bringing balance to the force through his own child.

True

DIN
*raises pike in the air*
DU
*brays like a donkey*
NUFFIN
*hides behind women and children*
WRONG

which showed the dark side can do good too. it's fucking poetry so many retards don't understand it and just think it's "good guyz vs bad guyz lol"

>>if he had listened to yoda he never would have defeated the emperor
he didn't, vader did

>Light side
>canon

Fuck off with that EU shit. Re-watch Lucas' movies. There is only the Force and the Dark side. The reason Anakin had to destroy the Sith to restore balance is because the Dark side is unnatural.

Expanded Universe, not in films

but none of that's canon now so YOLO

go to bed anakin

>it's fucking poetry
hahahahaha

No, not really.It was just propaganda.Jedi is not really in the middle, it's way closer to light side than middle but still there's dark side in them too.