Why do people actually like this?

why do people actually like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nva9XwhaBMs
youtube.com/watch?v=oX68kMWmq5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It’s good

It took me like 7 focused listens to start enjoying it, and then it just grew on me exponentially from there to the point where it's been my favourite album for years now and even after countless listens over the years it still blows me away every time

this

It's comfy

why would you keep listening to an album you didnt like the first couple of listens?

I had the exact fucking experience as that user
for me, I kept going back to it because something about it just fascinated me and I kept listening to pick up on it
Like, I started to hear the foghorn throughout, and I remember once I tried listening to it and counting every foghorn

Because I give every album a chance. I thought this album was just whiny vocals with messy guitar playing, shitty mixing and lazy songwriting at first. I was extremely wrong. So many people listen to albums one or two times and then dismiss it before they even give the album a chance to open up to them

I agree with , a good album will fascinate and intrigue you whether you think you like it or not. Then if it's really good you'll realize you really do like it.
Same thing happened to me with this album, People Who Can Eat People, The Mollusk, Kid A, and a bunch of other Sup Forumscore. Recently I'm even in danger of liking Trout Mask Replica.

I just went thought this in the last like 3 days. I listened to the album a while ago and I didn't like it but it gave me the feeling that it was really good anyway and I just hadn't got used to it yet. I got the same feeling with atrocity exhibition .

Because white, nerdy kids with absolutely no knowledge on music theory and production can relate with the album's aesthetics

A better question is: Why do people like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=nva9XwhaBMs

elverum BTFO'd

It's an extreme moment of catharsis that practically closes one of the most emotionally anguished albums recorded in the last 20 years

Recently I'm even in danger of liking Trout Mask Replica

Uhhh, you're in a lot more danger if you actually like Andrew Jackson Jihad. What shit fucking band fronted by some asshole who thinks he's a poet. Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band are actually great musicians and Trout Mask Replica is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their discography.

If you didn't get literal Sup Forumscore on the first or second listen then you're really bad at listening to music. One of the only things that makes this board navigable is that you retards identify yourselves immediately.

You type like a sperg

Bruh that's the best track on the album

I might be, but at least I'm not the one who likes off-key singing and clipping drums,

youtube.com/watch?v=oX68kMWmq5c

>literal Sup Forumscore
what does that even mean in your head

The distant fog horn is what sells the album for me

You're about two decades late on the 'lofi is bad' meme.

no idea, it stinks, it stinks badly

listened to it for the first time maybe a week ago, didn't like it aside from the moon and the title track. gave it a few more listens bc of how acclaimed it is. rn on the fence between maybe a 5 or a 6.

do people listen to the final track all the way through?

It's pretty good but Ount Erie is better

>i listen to lo-fi indie soycore

Thank you for putting me on People who can eat people. Just listened to it and love it

who knows who cares