Midsummer's Eve

Do other countries than the Nordic countries celebrate Midsummer's Eve?

Do Nordic communities in the US uphold this tradition at all or is this something that's simply been forgotten?

What do other countries celebrate at the same time if they do?

Other urls found in this thread:

calendarcustoms.com/articles/bishops-castle-midsummer-rejoicing/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_John's_Eve
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

noone celebrates it, only sweden wich has tributed it to Big Arab Cock.

It's still kind of celebrated in Finland, but most just use it as an excuse to get shitfaced.
We dont dont have the flower dick that swedes have, but it's still a national holiday.

Do you guys celebrate Walpurgisnacht? It seems like we lost all the cool holidays when we came to North Dakota.

Speak for yourself, in my town everyone celebrates it

That's more of a german thing.
I've never heard anyone in my country talking about celebrating it.

Its a pretty big thing here in the Baltics

I thought every day the sun rises is an excuse to get shit faced in Estonia

It is. That's why us finns go on booze cruises there.

it's called SANKT HANS, you uncultured swine
we burn fires and get drunk
the name is Christian, but the festival is Pagan
just like with everything Christians (Jews) can't create anything
they just take over existing traditions

>vappu

Vappu is valpurgis? I'm a retard.
Thanks for correcting me.

To be fair it's not like anyone knows what the day is supposed to be about, everyone just gets drunk. I don't think we even ever celebrated that day as a pagan thing like Germanics did, we just copied the idea that it's a day to get drunk.

Yeah

calendarcustoms.com/articles/bishops-castle-midsummer-rejoicing/

>tfw finns are still celebrating midsummer's eve in pagan way [spoiler]aka getting shitfaced and drowning[/spoiler]

christcuck swedes btfo with their prancing and singin

Actually we do have hela which is exactly the same: burning bonfires and shieeet.

Yes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_John's_Eve

Its massive in England. I thought is more popular here than Sweden

>Nordic communities in the US
>Nordic communities

there is literally no such thing. Norse culture has been almost completely eliminated in all forms outside of Native populations.

Will celebrate it on saturday, some of my friends die already last weekend

Sometimes. Higher concentrations of Nords in the Midwest

Pagans celebrate it here, but ordinary communities have lost most of their traditional rituals and paganism often has ridiculous leftist overtimes anyway.

Fuck off Juan

Jesus that spelling.

>I thought it is more popular here than Sweden*

Yeah, our midsummer is kinda like USA 4th of July except with less fireworks but a lot more vodka, sauna, bonfires, stabbing and drowning.

On the Summer soltice even the finns remember that there is more to life than brooding alone and shitposting. Therfore we isolate ourselves in small groups of family and friends in remote cabins in the darkest backwoods, drink vodka, go to sauna and stab eachother over who drank the last bottle of vodka.

I really think we should move our independece day from 6th of December to midsummer, because the middsummer is a better represantation of Finnish culture