The highs are unbelievable, and the lows are still pretty damn great. anyone else think this is their best?

the highs are unbelievable, and the lows are still pretty damn great. anyone else think this is their best?

/beatles/ general

>the lows are still pretty damn great
>album contains obladi oblada, don't pass me by, and revolution 9

This.

I agree OP, in my top 10 all time too.

All of those are great.
The only track I don't love is Wild Honey Pie.

If you don't like Obla-DEE Obla-DA LIFE GOES OOOONNN

you don't like fun

i honestly love all those songs. but if you don't that's still 27/30

I love the White album because it's the perfect clashing of personalities while Abbey Road is the Beatles making up

Its second only to this, IMO

IMO this

>he fell for the "Ob-la-di Ob-la-da is bad" meme

Of course it's their best – it's the one with the most material! Duh!

>Not at least appreciating the fun stomper of Don't Pass Me By, and with those fiddles too
Damn dude I feel bad for you

You just criticized him for not liking fun, but you don't like Wild Honey Pie? That track gets so much shit when it's only a measly little interlude. Even if it WAS bad, it takes up so little time that it's not a serious offense.

Honestly overrated, not gonna lie. Amazing, but so is most of their releases

I never said I didn't like WHP, I just don't love it like all the other tracks.
It's okay, but it's just a little too dissonant for me to really get into it.

the a-side of this album is a 10/10
the b side is like a 8.5/10

what about the other two sides

there...
there are 4 sides tho

kino granny shit

i. . . fuck

The highs are all John's. John is THE Beatle

Ah. My fault for assuming. I happen to love that twanging guitar and that simple descending guitar line that breaks up the chant.

I've got my own unpopular opinions with White, though:
My least favorite track is Long, Long, Long; closely followed by Why Don't We Do It in the Road.
The tier just above that includes Sexy Sadie and Bungalow Bill. The tier above that is where the wildly overrated While My Guitar Gently Weeps resides, along with Everybody's Got Something to Hide... & Savoy Truffle

john does have the most impressive songs on this, but paul's are underrated I think. martha my dear is one of my favorites

>best Beatles album
>contains Piggies

Nice try desu

love that track

It is their best. Maybe the only 10/10 album I've ever heard.

So corny, McCartney at his worst

I've always thought Rubber Soul was their tightest album, Revolver probably the most innovative, Sgt. Peppers the most overrated, Mystery Tour the most underrated, the White Album has the best highs but is so inconsistent, Abbey Road the most interesting and Let It Be a nice way to go out

>Piggies
>Macca
What

McCartney didn't write piggies though?

Happiness Is A Warm Gun is phenomenal, and quite simply one of the best songs of its decade. Sexy Sadie, Dear Prudence, Helter Skelter, Blackbird, Revolution 1, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and a handful of others are also great.

But as great as the White Album is, it's not even in the same universe as Revolver, Rubber Soul or Abbey Road.

It's most certainly one of my favorites.
Imagine all these varied different styles of music all coming out of the same band.

This album is all over the place, musically.

What's not to like?

Who here has heard The White Album in MONO?

It’s probably pretty important to figure out the difference between Paul and George whenever possible, ie, always.

I guess so

I hope everyone

>revolution 9
>bad
:(
its the best beatles song ever though

the beatles are bunch of no-playing motherfuckers.

>Piggies
>McCartney

Man every Beatles-related thread should come with a link to cop all those Mono mixes

Also why's everyone gotta overrate Abbey Road?
Maxwell's Silver Hammer is fun, but definitely the weakest of all of Paul's 'granny tunes'. Also, Side 2 is gorgeous, yeah, but it's short track snippets.

Abbey Road is automatically one of the weaker Beatles releases simply cause it provides less music than most of the rest. No?

>Abbey Road is automatically one of the weaker Beatles releases simply cause it provides less music than most of the rest. No?
No. The amount of music on an album doesn't matter, the quality is what's important. The White Album has a ton of songs, but there are plenty of clunkers on it.

Too long.

I heard it in mono for the first time a few weeks ago and it was like discovering that album all over again.

>Least favorite is Long, Long, Long
that's one of the best tracks though

It's not perfect, but it's my favorite.

>obladi oblada, don't pass me by, and revolution 9
Those aren't the lows at all.

But if there's *more* quality being that like 25/30 tracks on White are 5/5* songs – even if all 17 Abbey Road tracks are 5/5* as well...how is White not better?

It's the only one I ever wanna skip :/