There are people in this board that unironically think Pink Floyd is Dad rock

>There are people in this board that unironically think Pink Floyd is Dad rock

It is.

>It is

i mean..it is

doesn't mean it's bad

Yes, Pink Floyd are dad rock. There are several good dad rock bands, they are among them.

What does "Dad rock" really mean? My dad never listen to Pink Floyd, nor did any of my friends' dads. IMO classic rock = dadrock. But Pink Floyd is not classic rock

"Dad rock", from my experience, is a catch all term for rock music of the late 60s and 70s: Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix Experience, etc.

Its a term white hipsters with daddy issues use to casually dismiss an entire genre of music

when you point out how passive aggressive and narrow minded the term is they ignore you

It is dad rock.

>But Pink Floyd is not classic rock
I . . .What?

Zep, Deep Purple, and Hendrix are not dad rock.

Santana, Bennie & the Jets, Steely Dan, Elton John - that's dad rock.

You're a retard and I'm pretty sure your dad is gay

I'm 21 and when I was growing up my dad mostly listened to Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd so those are the bands I mostly associate with 'dad rock', but he also listened to those others you mentioned but not nearly as much as the ones I mentioned.

My dad thought Dark Side of the Moon was "too weird" and "didnt have enough hits on it"

You can think whatever, but that's what it is. If your dad doesn't drag you out to his shed to make you listen to it, it's not dad rock.

He might have been.

>my personal dad defines what dad-rock is!

My pop has a better taste in music than all you faggots.

>There are people on this board

>All types of rock from the 60s and 70s are classic rock

That's not what I said, though.

>there are people who think dad is pink floyd rock

>A bunch of American Dads define what dadrock is!

I can see that. I just think of those things a acceptably-listenable by kids when I was in high school, where as Steely Dan and B&J definitely were not.

If your dad listened to Zep, Deep Purple, Iron Butterfly, etc. - kinda-cool but kinda-lame rock dad.

if your dad listened to the rest, then he was a dad-rock dad.

that's a terrible explanation but you know what I mean.

>There are people who think

I think you had a nerd dad, I'm so sorry

who else would, British dads? the rest of Europe was still doing Disco, and the rest of the world was doing the whole communism proxy-war thing.

That sort of is the issue. We should really let this die.

>There are pople

90% of dad rock bands were British, though.

My dad didnt listen to rock at all.
Its psychotic when you want to legitimately talk about those bands you have some moron dismiss the music because its old, like that is a valid criticism

That's another proof """dadrock""" doesn't exist.

>There

I'm not saying they were bad, they was just how it was. I honestly think most dad-rock is pretty good. Our dads liked it because it had merit.

I'm just saying that the definition, for me at least, came from high-school with the classic-rock clique.

>British people liking it makes it important

we all know it only matters once they cross the pond, user.

>

#