Watch Vikings

>Watch Vikings
>First seasons are pretty good quasi-accurate Viking drama
>Then we get an army of shieldmaidens, a Chinese princess, black extras, and a lesbian queen
I don't even know what I'm watching anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4F9DxYhqmKw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

History.

>watch vikings
>current season is vikings becoming muslims

J U S T

I was about to start watching season 4 is it that bad or not?

The last episode made me so mad. Half of the Muslims were black. Damn I hate these WEWUZ

Somehow Spainards became black according to American History experts.

>women that are supposed to be in their 50s-60s by now still look like they're in their 30s

I liked the odin scenes, good casting

I'ma big fan of the series. I grudingly accepted Lagertha and her lesbian warrior women, but if they make Floki convert to Islam, I'll drop the series.

if that was really odin toward the end of the episode does that mean ragnar got into valhalla?

Yes, the Seer said he was on his way to valhalla

that's exactly what's going to happen.

>one eye
>crows
>4 places at once

They weren't exactly subtle about it.

Was it Odin? Somehow I felt like it was the Seer, back when he wasn't as disfigured maybe

A show for nu-males who are still impressed by vikings

MY MOTHER TOLD ME

I love this Harald guy, but everytime I hear him talk, I just feel like something will go wrong between him and Bjorn, and of course Bjorn will win.

It's between him and entire world desu.

He's THAT alpha.

I agree. He's way too obvious, kinda like King Horik was.

no, harald becomes king of all norway.

because ragnar
oh wait

I don't watch this show but I want to be dominated by the aryan goddess on the right.

Vikings loved the shit out of that muslim coin!

If they don't turn Floki into a Muslim (it's not that weird really, the concept of dying for your god/gods are pretty similar in Islam and going to Valhalla, he might end up in Miklagarðr/Constantinople/Istanbul and be a bodyguard. But I thought he was more in awe of there devotion to Allah than anything.

Also, Islamic expansion through Spain came from Africa so of course there would be some black people. Also Moors.

Was Islam already in Spain in those times though? This is taking place somewhere in the 10th century, right?

i thought floki was going to iceland, then greenland, him becoming a jihadi would be top kek though, i wouldn't mind it. also, i'd love to see someone go to constantinople, maybe next season.

it has stuff from the 9th and 10th centuries in it, but the arabs were in spain then, yes.

It's hard to tell, I'd say late 700 early 800, but they jump back and forth between different times if you follow the bigger "events".

The Umayyad conquest of Spain in early 700 turned almost all of Spain into the Emirate of Cordova and would later become the Caliphate of Córdoba in 1000 something before it desinigrated. So yeah, Islam was in Spain very very early.

Tbh Muslims were pretty cool back then and a lot less degenerate then the Christians of the time. So ill be ok with it desu.

Sorry, it did not become the Caliphate of Córdoba in 1000. It would fall apart into smaller kingdoms in early 1000.

The first season was surprisingly decent, and it's the best one.

The last one...for fuck's sake.

And the last episode was literally WE WUZ KANGZ.

kys

>>First seasons are pretty good quasi-accurate Viking drama

hahaha...quasi-accurate ,are you 12? Learn some history pleb.

i just want bjorn and hitzverq to gtfo from the SMACKS LIPS land of ISIS and shieeet and go home so that i can see how they will plow the english scum as they are supposed to

North Africa =/= Sub-Saharan Africa

>Cuck history
Constantinople became muslim in 1453, 600 years later.

>muh floki is fascinated
>tfw the only reason they didn't massacre the praying muslims is it is not politcally correct in the West to kill allahu-akbar on TV, even in fiction

that's not what he's saying, the byzantine emperor's had a guard of loyal vikings trooped in constantinople named the varangian guard.

a soap opera with bad acting, costuming, and a pseudo-historical story that may as well have shit in your face for being on the history channel

but hey they have retarded shit like ancient aliens so who gives a fuck

fucking soap operas though

disguised fucking soap operas that manchildren and retards eat up

It was such fucking bullshit.
First episode: they butcher monks.
This episode: NO, NOT THE BROWN (AND BLACK) PEOPLE

>First episode: they butcher monks.
Not to mention Floki was the one who killed Athelstan just for being Christian and not accepting the viking religion

Man finally a Floki turns Muslim episode, I've been waiting for that shit since the first episode as I'm sure everyone else has been...

Cant disrespect Muslims or Muslim symbols, that would be dangerous!

Vikings have to be good boys and accept their culture.

And also he is the one that enters a church on mass, drinks the holy wine, spits it laughs kills the priest and then steals the gold crucifix

>vikings
>a people

stop

Also why do the muslims kept praying? And what the fuck is up with that guy instantly coming to replace the orator? Is there a protocol for that already in the Quran? Like if the chant leader gets brutally slaughtered, immediately take his place.

Did these men think the vikings were spawns of Allah? Or were they all so drugged with exotic herbs that they lost complete contact with reality?

I guess he really liked the muslim chanting, or the gold dome

nah it's just fucking retarded, goddammit

No.

There were plenty Blaamen ("black men") still. I'm not entirely sure what you want to say, was it that important to distinguish North Africa?

Yes I know. I wrote bady, my bad. What I wanted to say was that I don't think Floki will turn to Islam, I think he was impressed because there were no idols like in his own faith. And there were no gold and riches like in the churches. The praying muslims were 100% devoted to their god even though Floki came in to disturb their prayer. He's a very spiritual man himself and thought it was quite baller to see. If we look back at earlier seasons, this might be a continuation to become a seer.

Now, if they went further, maybe he would become a bodyguard. No Islam/Muslim connection.

They did kill Muslims though, and raped the concubines.

It's especially retarded because Muslims are and were especially vicious towards pagans. Christians were too, but Muslim put the oness of god above all else, shirk is absolutely haram. And why the fuck would a guy prefer that nonsense blabbering to gregorian chanting ffs

youtube.com/watch?v=4F9DxYhqmKw

If Floki isn't an Enigma fan I hope the sandniggers betray and kill him in the next episode, fuck this shit

>Implying anywhere in that post it was said vikings were "a people"

What time is vikings in? Harald Fairhair became the first king of Norway in 973, but the great Heathen army was in the late 800s...

Play with the thought that in the church they prayed to a guy looking down on the common people (bishop or priest w/e), ornated with an ugly hat and the place was full of gold and other shit.

In this case there's nothing at all, just a guy leading the chant, and all of them are facing the same way. Raw devotion.

Now, I'm not trying to push an agenda or something here. I just think everybody's jumping the gun a little. I'd also rather not see Floki converting to anything.

Meh. It's not that bad. I'm just thankful it hasn't reached Sherlock tier yet, or even worse: Gotham

It's all over the place, sadly. But they gotta spice things up for the drama.

Harald takes over all of Norway, reason that people went to settle in Iceland was to escape him.

Jesus Christ Sup Forums we spent a good 5 years watching Ragnar grow as a Viking and actor, coming to even love him in a no homo broship sort of way and he's only been dead a week and you forget all about him and just care about muslims

What happened with Gotham? I stopped watching it in like season 2. The quality of the episodes was all over the place and finally didn't really seem worth watching all the shitty ones for the few good ones.

Technically the priest facing the congregation is a 20th century invention, what priests used to do was face in the same direction as everyone else.

Also, again, it doesn't make much sense, he is the religious zealot of the group.

Hope he discovers Iceland though, that'd be cool

Because it was so transparent what they were doing with the muslims, especially compared to how they dealt with the Christians.

rly, cause I fucking cringed whenever he opened his fucking mouth

Because it was truly awful. Aside from the usual american understanding that northern african means bantu or shit like that, the difference in treatment was so stark nobody can brush it off.

I'm just some dumb faggot who's never seen the show, but perhaps the black spaniards are the Moors?

>Sup Forumsbabs triggered again because they can't comprehend character development

Alright.

I think he can relate though. But I guess we'll see in future episodes. If Ragnar could become friend with a Christian and be intrested in the concept of Christianity, Floki can have some kind of connection to Islam. Ain't that weird.

People are just up in arms because of how Islam and Muslims are percieved today.

Moors weren't black, dude.

>but if they make Floki convert to Islam
Actor who plays him is Swedish, so i think it fits well

>Moors weren't black, dude.
Read a book some time.

there is no development with niggers

KEK

MOORS AREN'T BLACK. THEY'RE OLIVE SKINNED AT BEST REEEEEEE

Moors were berbers you goddamn idiot.
Who the fuck taught you history, a black supremacist?

What the chance we're getting a battle of harfsfjord where Harald wins?

You are fucking retarded.

Nah... He`s is the founder of Norway and becomes a huge christfag
Then he gets btfo by my northern Norwegian ancestors who hated Christfags, before they run off to iceland

It doesn't matter. Because the Vikings encountered "blaamen" (black men) during the raids in the Iberian peninsula. So there were at least some black people there.

North Africa is completely dominated by Middle Easters NOW, even more so hundreds of years ago. He's telling you that just becasue north africa = africa doesn'tmean that it's black.

Also

>plenty of

No there weren't.

at least they cought a bunch of qts to rape

>Brollo's face when he saw all the qts

And Brits referred to Danish Vikings as Blackman or Blæcmann, didn't make them black, just dark haired/completion.

Some, as in "a bit", not a third of all the people there.
Also, "black men" to scandinavians who never saw a skin color darker than pale white can mean everything.

On the Viking tv time line when do they go to America?

It never got any better, and in some ways it got worse. I'm at the point of dropping it. I'll save that discussion for another thread though.

>First seasons are pretty good quasi-accurate Viking drama
>Portrays vikings as formidable and courageous warriors
>Nobody uses spears, meanwhile everyone's carrying a sword, which were expensive to make and therefore rare
>The entire plot of Vikings wouldn't even be possible, if they acknowledged the fact that Viking culture was hyper-democratic

Yeah, nah. I'm not even a history autist, but the show isn't even close to being accurate.

They've yet to discover iceland and greenland so I guess not anytime soon.

uhm... The first King of norway (a guy every Norwegian has to learn about in school) cut the throat of a Muslim Imam in that episode, and was about to slaughter them all, until that cuck swede Floki stepped in...

Bitter shitskin detected

i feel the same way, i don't like current lagertha but i can live with it, floki becoming muslim though makes no sense and is unforgivable

>using spears to raid
This isn't tribal wars

>Bitter shitskin
lmao, okay buddy

That's very true. Not gonna state otherwise. However, I only saw 2 or 3 black men during the episode while most of them had a more olive skin tone if you will.

But you also gotta remember that old depictions of Moors, be it either in ancient Spain or the Arab peninsula, it's really popular to paint them black.

So he's gonna be the big bad final boss of entire series and btfo sons of Ragnar in the end?

Him and his sons become far more important in the history or popular than any of Ragnar's sons, only Ivar is somewhat close to them in fame.

I liked the scene with Odin, probably best one in whole show.

I'm betting it's a red herring, it'll appear he's going to convert only to secretly burn their mosque from within

I really liked the part when he spoke to Ivar. Gave me goosebumps.

we all now that will never happen specially since they have done something similar

>Read a book some time.
You mean history books which all post pictures of Othello the 'Moor' as a nigger when in reality he was just a dune coon?

that's funny cause I'm watching Wrong Bet now, which also goes by Lionheart, pottery

>sending a lighter skinned man as your ambassador to a white country so they feel more comfy with him means they were all light skinned

i feel kinda sad not knowing so little of that part of the world's history and watching this show since so many of the characters are historic or mythical figures and I don't really know any of that other than the obvious vallhala, odin, hel, etc. stuff. Like some of these guys are famous kings that are taught in scandinavian countries right?

That's always going to be a problem when you try to timeskip with the same actors.

Ragnar looks like he could have been a senior when Bjorn entered highschool but apparently they're father and son