We can all agree that the Replicants did nothing wrong, right?

We can all agree that the Replicants did nothing wrong, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-fu7jN2_2pE?t=2m5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>We can all agree that Daryl Hannah was miscast as Pris, right?

so are they robots or are they just clones with a short lifespan?
was that meant to be ambiguous?
I know they were robots in the book

yep. Deckard is the bad guy.

he killed Pris for literally sitting on his face, she was a pleasure bot she didnt kill anybody during their escape.

All that matters is that they're sentient, artificially made humans.

I hate Daryl Hannah with all my heart. Automatically ruins a movie for me.

>tfw no pris gf

>broke the law
>killed people
>even the ones that tried to help them
>bitched because they had a more interesting life than most humans

nah, fuck them

I mean Deckard is literally an alcoholic fuckup who only shoots women in the back throughout the film. He doesn't do any other part of his job besides shoot unarmed women in the back

>Deckard is a retired Blade Runner, called in for one more job.
>Police Chief has to explain to Deckard what replicants are

this movie sucks shit. BRAVO RIDLEY!

kys

I read the first few pages of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and it was page after page of Deckard and his wife fucking around with a machine that changes their emotional state.

Does it get better?

no, dick is a hack

Read "A Scanner Darkly" and say that again.

Well they don't have empathy so there's that.

He fucks a replicant and she kills his goat

I did, he's a shit tier writer

What the fuck she was sexy in this movie

I love that scene. Everything from the way she backflips toward him to his reaction when she's flailing around on the floor.

>shoots women in the back
>women

Explain this movie to me. Humans created those replicants and then for no particular reason resolved to destroy them?

They do, but they are prejudiced against humans. something to do with that "you will die soon because we don't want our patented shit getting around" or something.

Did you read the intro reel. They're made to work on other planets but are outlawed on Earth. They get retired when on Earth.

>deckard was a replicant

kys if you think this

No, they created them with a 2-3 year lifespan. They didn't like this and ran away to die on their own. The companies don't want them running all over, especially Earth, so they hire people to track them down and kill them.

They are used as labor force off planet, some of them escapes and the Blade Runner unit is in charge of hunting these escapees

youtu.be/-fu7jN2_2pE?t=2m5s

you gotta read the book just for the ending man
nothing wraps up a story like deckard traveling to the desert and finding a scorpion to have a hidden meaning on life
or whatever it was supposed to mean I don't remember

That never happens. Deckard goes back to his wife and buys a goat, then the replicant he had sex with turns up and pushes the goat off the roof.

In the book they categorically don't. But the reasons as to why this is and the moral dilemma of whether it's on to enslave psychopaths and what it does to us is at the centre. See mercerism vs. not jay leno.

it was a mechanical frog

Mercer's favourite animal by the way.

I remember him killing all andies at the end
are there different editions?
I have the mobi in the computer I need to look it up

If you read further it'll probably spoil the sequel since they're probably going to do the replicant police station arc

Depends on your perspective

He kills the replicants first then goes back to his wife.

artificial things that don't serve their purpose are useless

As far as the quality of the writing goes? Not really, Dick is a master of thinking up stories but he's not very good at telling them. The book is a lot more artful than the movie, though, if you pay attention to the events that happen and the themes. Scott ruined all of the characters, he removed the inhumanity of the replicants and the cruelty of the human characters. It shouldn't take you long to read, anyways, finish the damn book.
Blade Runner is a shitty action flick with justifiably iconic visuals, DADOES is a poorly written but frightening and thoughtful work of art. Shallow movie with meaningless but impressive visual artistry versus an absolute mess of a novel that is as densely packed with poetic themes and interesting ideas as fiction gets. Anyone that claims Dick's writing has no value is probably a replicant.
I don't know how you fail to get through a few pages desu, it didn't strike me as excessive at all

I haven't read Androids, but shut the fuck up you willy muncher, A Scanner Darkly, Martian TImeslip, and his non-fiction philosophical stuff is great. A facinating man and a good pulp writer

>create robot/clone/android
>no special powers/perks
>give them an extremely short lifespan with absolutely no means to extend it
>almost undetectable from a natural human and requires a specific expert in the field to property identify it and he can still fuck up sometimes

so they just create a human that's shitter?

prove him wrong

oh yes that one page of sheer suspense where the whole book could redeem itself but it didn't

>no special powers/perks
please refer to this

valis is the best thing he's written
prove me wrong

Asides from murder people who got in their way, yeah they didn't.

That's kind of what the movie was about, user.

>2019
>those bulding exploding
I bet Trump will make that happen.

But what about this bitch? What is her lifespan? She was made to conquest another worlds or to be a whore on Earth sleeping with humans?

Fuck, I'm gonna have to watch this again.

In the book she was just a sexbot made to manipulate humans.

They're built from cloned parts, rather than whole vat grown humans. Think Frankenstein's monster.

>I bet Trump will make that happen.

humans usually don't spaz out when they're hit on the head or get riddled with bullets

12 yr old detected.

HoC isn't the end all and be all of everything.

agreed. they only wanted more life, fucker.

Robots you dumb fuck

I could never get into P.K. Dick.

I can't stand writers that use tons of self conscious "prose".

Just tell the damn story f. f. sake

Was he a human or a robot?

well theyre used as slaves so why not

The ones in the movie are a new model that came out after Deckard retired, dumbass

I prefer the term 'artificial person' myself

Are you sure? In the movie the humans are more or less shit and seem to lose their humanity.
Replicants are psychos that are gaining it. The turning point that cross the two things is the Replicant boss saving HF's character.

The movie give hints about the setting only visually, without long boring explanations, and is incredibly immersive. The roles of the supposed protagonist and of the "villains" are all over the place and subverted.

The movie explores responsibility, humanity, and memory. Is pretty strong.

If they wanted to do a flick, there would have been a more classic hero, classic finale (Ignore the initial cut with the voiceover, that's shit) and more action - initial reception was disappointment because it was not the usual flick.

I cannot understand your point.