Why does Sup Forums hate Smashing Pumpkins again?

Why does Sup Forums hate Smashing Pumpkins again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=60J6HlvfePM
youtu.be/iTW_hHbYmZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Billy is a fat cunt

They only had two good albums.

I dont hate them. But its clear they decline a long time ago.
I dont even care if billium is a wrestling nerd because i am too.

corgan is too redpilled for the music industry

Fact: Almost EVERY song by The Smashing Pumpkins from the 90's is god tier.

I think you mean 3

Actually 4.
Gish, Siamese Dream, MCIS, Adore.
5 if you count Pisces Iscariot.
Also Machina only had a couple of dud songs.

Machina is severely underrated

you know what would be neet, if they got back together and just made like a straight up MBV style shoegaze album

I guess im not really expecting anything, but i guess that would be interesting

this

I hope the new album is good. The Pumpkins are my favorite band.

Everything up until the original breakup is 10/10 at best and 7/10 at worst.

Just listened to Siamese Dream recently, such a fine album, Mayonaise is a perfect song

Because I can't find a working link for Mellon Collie in the fucking archive

So what's the deal? They're recording a new album with the original lineup minus Darcy?

Looks like a song and a tour. Jeff is coming with too so they'll either have a 3 guitar line up or someone's jumping on bass. I'd like them to bring back Melissa on bass for a full Machina era line up, and still have Jeff as the third guitarist. Always liked her on bass

Because Bily Corgan is a soyboy who got bullied by Stephen Malkmus in the 90s

Hes more of a conspiracy nut than a right winger.

i don't really hate it but when it comes to 90s alt rock there are so many better bands

#TeamMalk

Which ones?
And don't say any grunge bands, Billy in his prime made much better music

Because Corgan is an Alt Right faggot

One of the best guitar solos ever
youtube.com/watch?v=60J6HlvfePM

just to name some

cocteau twins
mbv
slint
ride
spiritualized
slowdive
built to spill
the flaming lips
mercury rev
pavement
stereolab
yo la tengo

see

Cause mu is a bunch of leftist soycucks.

and yet the Pumpkins music is more varied than all of these bands - save for yo la tengo maybe. 90s bands usually found a signature sound and beat it to fucking death but the Pumpkins were constantly switching things up while retaining their essence as a band.

WOW EBIC POST MU BTFO XD

maybe you're right. but i'll take loveless, heaven or las vegas, spiderland, nowhere, ladies and gentlemen, souvlaki, perfect from now on, yerself is steam, slanted and enchanted, dots and loops and i can hear the heart over any pumpkins record any day of the week

ok cool

They had a noise-pop/shoegaze late 80s sound before they got a GOAT drummer that made them go in a more "rock" direction.
Gish tried really hard to be like old MVB, it even has a "dreamy" song by Darcy, but they where in the US and grunge happened and they got shoveled in the movement. Before Siamese Dream made them big they where touring with Swirlies

lol dinosaur jr is more varied than the smashing pumpkins and they're basically a led zeppelin cover band

But it is true.

because we /pavement/ here.

>lol dinosaur jr is more varied than the smashing pumpkins
t. haven't listened to Mellon Collie

have, soft rock dronefest

Wrong. They had TONS of awful songs

Nice meme

Gish, SD, Mellon Collie, Adore, Machina, Pisces

>writing a word in all caps counts as an argument
has Trump made americans even dumber?

Mellon Collie is filler: the album.

It's a really good album with some great tracks and all but making it a double album was really necessary? Not even The Wall has that many of filler tracks.

Not an argument
Non sequitur

You are wrong though

Unironically none of these artists are better than the pumpkins in their prime more like equal

HAHAHAHAHA

>It's a really good album with some great tracks and all but making it a double album was really necessary?
Yes because all of the songs are excellent?

you need a pretty distinct sound to justify a double album. it's one of the better ones ever made, but you can tell they're aspirations outweighed their value

>you need a pretty distinct sound to justify a double album
The Smashing Pumpkins have a distinct sound
>but you can tell they're aspirations outweighed their value
How so? It's literally 28 great songs or tracks that justify inclusion.

>whiny liberal vocalist
>hard rock groove section
>pseudo shoegaze guitars
>pop song structures

yeah real unique there

Because Billy Corgan is a JERK!
Take it from somebody who lived in Chicago in the 80s when they were first starting out, and nobody knew who they were.

Name 60 bands that sound like that

i have a day job m8

Then what are you doing here?

Name 3 then

mbv
ride
sonic youth
the verve

and that's only if you used my whiny liberal distinction, and aren't trying to dig at all

>ladies and gentlemen
one good song: the album

oh yeah and yo la tengo, already mentioned in this thread

Haha no

>fischer price the fall
>good

Are you so retarded that you still believe this?

>and that's only if you used only one descriptor and exclude a list of qualities makign them unique
kek

Also
>liberal vocalist

correct

more like one good song: the band

>mbv
>ride
>sonic youth
>the verve
>yo la tengo
None of these have the same tier of jazz drumming, nor specific vocal qualities

2/10 b8

truth hurts

please give me your list of descriptors making them unique, seeing as how you agreed with my list of descriptors making them not

and you gotta admit it's super cringe when someone that knows nothing about politics of economics makes it an identifying factor in their music

Still mad about that line in Range Life 20 years ago Billy?

And the occasional metal song, and the orchestral pop song, and the electronic music track...

>seeing as how you agreed with my list of descriptors making them not
Your list of descriptors is correct, but all the bands you listed didn't hit those descriptors. None of those bands has a specific jazz drummer nor a vocalist similar to Corgan.
>and you gotta admit it's super cringe when someone that knows nothing about politics of economics makes it an identifying factor in their music
Like what? Name some political SP songs.

>I Think I'm in Love
>All of My Thoughts
>Stay With Me
>Broken Heart
>The Individual
>Cool Waves
>Cop Shoot Cop

All these songs are better than Ladies and Gentlemen. You are a waste of oxygen.

lol i'm a drummer...ask me if i think smashing pumpkins drumming has ever been a deal breaker to me

No one gives a shit though.

Also I disregard anyone's entire musical opinion who believes the Ladies and Gentlemen title track is the only good song on that album, let alone the only good song they've ever done when all three of the 90s Spiritualized albums are among the best of that decade. You're a joke.

i'm not even that guy m8

Didn't say you were

Not what we were discussing though.

Read the thread before posting.

the thread is literally what do you think of band

my opinion of band is not particularly unique or worthy of as much praise as they get

i described their sound, you started nitpicking over how no snowflake is exactly the same

getting embarrassing friend

>i described their sound, you started nitpicking over how no snowflake is exactly the same
That's because someone said they weren't unique.

Do you not know what "unique" means?

unique means alternative rock that sounds like other alternative rock apparently

>all rock just sounds the same because there's guitars in it

not him but this is unironically true

getting embarrassing friend

literally who

>what is streaming

starting to project there friend
getting pretty defensive there friend

>best
Hummer
>worst
Disarm
>overrated
Today
>underrated
Luna

kek if you say so.

Not the user your replying to but:
Ride = GOAT drumming + unique vocal harmonization
The Verve = very unique singer and guitar work (before they went to shit obviously)

Dont be a fanboy m8, SP are a good band but they aren't the GOAT, theres a lot of good music out there senpai

>Hummer
>not Geek USA
pleb

>Ride = GOAT drumming
While I disagree with this, it is not specifically a jazz-rock style of drumming
>unique vocal harmonization
Does not sound like Billy Corgan though
>The Verve = very unique singer and guitar work
Does not sound like Billy Corgan though

>are a good band but they aren't the GOAT
Quote me where I said they were. Or maybe follow the conversation to know what we are discussing.

If Jason didn't fuck up the mix in Pure Phase, Ladies and Gentlemen... would've been second best Spiritualized album.
Anyways, it kinda suck that most ppl know them for that album alone when they have a solid career and are one of the best live bands in existence.

also would smashing pumpkins even exist without mbv? no doubt they would just be boring

>Corgan appears on Infowars
>Sup Forums starts shitting on the whole band
Predictable.

Geek USA is something like the 5th best

Yeah and Gira is a fucking rapist, .Sup Forums still loves swans lmao

>Quote me where I said they were. Or maybe follow the conversation to know what we are discussing
This board is anonymous m8, not easy to follow a conversation, but if you're looking for someone who sings EXACTLY like Corgan you might find some in the madchester scene, dont ask me to remember the names, but the bloke who sung "apple green" had a very similar voice.
But whats the point you're trying to make?

>This board is anonymous m8, not easy to follow a conversation
Maybe you'd be better suited for reddit then?
>But whats the point you're trying to make?
The Smashing Pumpkins were a unique band.

>Maybe you'd be better suited for reddit then?
blow me, I been here for 8yrs (fuck)

>The Smashing Pumpkins were a unique band.
Ohh, ok, yeah, they sound like themselves, didn't invent the wheel but are a good band

byw, just found the shit band I mentioned earlier, he kinda has a Corgan-esque tone.
youtu.be/iTW_hHbYmZI

>reddit spacing

The only 90's band that can stylistically be compared to SP is Radiohead.

I agree with you. They don't have a single bad album. Amazing Grace is their weakest and that's it. Still a 7/10 album. They are my favorite band.
How would you rank their discography? For me it's: 1997 Live > L&G > Lazer Guided > Sweet Heart > Pure Phase > A&E > Let It Come Down > Amazing Grace.

Hahahahahajajajahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm sure it would if it contained a modicum of truth. The Fall were way more post-punk than Pavement, Pavement's influence was more from bands like R.E.M., incorporating heavy melodies in a way that the Fall didn't. Which is to say nothing of how different Malk and Mark are as vocalists. Aside from the occasional guitar riff (you guys really love to cherrypick that Conduit for Sale sounds like New Face in Hell I've noticed, even though it doesn't), they're not aesthetically similar at all.