Rank them

Rank them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QGfHoPvOi3g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lou > Bolan > Bowie > Iggy
Marc's on the shirt, that's good enough.,

>Iggy outlived Lou and Bowie

inb4 a bunch of tryhard P4k drone dipshits underrate Iggy as if The Idiot isn't better than 90% of Bowie's output and Bowie didn't spend half his career trying to be him.

the idiot > anything

>muh Idiot
Babby's first Iggy. Embarassing.

>tfw Iggy will die in your life time
i don't even have an image for this

>bowie trying to be iggy
>not bowie being iggy's mentor
what are you even talking about?
The correct order is:
Bowie>Lou before 1971>Iggy>Lou after 1971
The Idiot was basicly a Bowie album with Iggy on vocals. Look up how it was made.

Bowie was pretty obsessed with Iggy dude. I mean Ziggy's original name was 'Iggy'

>bowie being iggy's mentor

Wow you really don't a fucking clue what you're talking about

Bowie>Lou>Iggy

all greats though

Ziggy Stardust was far more inspired by Marc Bolan, who started glam rock, who Bowie knew before either were famous, and who the song Lady Stardust is about.

(Also, Marc Bolan is the dude on Iggy's t-shirt, he was T-Rex.)

Iggy isn't underrated at all, and LOL and claiming Bowie is trying to copy and album that he helped make.

Iggy > Kurt

No idea who the woman is

>the guy who looked like this when the first Stooges album came out is Iggy's mentor

That guy in the back>Lou>Iggy>Bowie

>one tryhard pretender
>one authentic original artist
>one tryhard pretender whose self-awareness made him an authentic original artist

Iggy was more inspired by The Doors along with protopunk stuff like Monks, Sonics, MC5.

VU were inspired by The Stones, free jazz/avant-classical and Cale's early droney stuff with Theatre of Eternal Music.

Bowie starting out was more inspired by The Beatles and a lot of old black soul singers and early 60s rock stuff, then he started listening to Iggy and VU when he came into his own sound in the 70s.

Ranking wise VU>Stooges>Bowie>Lou Reed>Iggy.

clearly the more mature of the two

Bowie was a self admitted talentless hack but that doesn't stop him being my favourite.

Ziggy was a mash of a lot of people, including iggy.
Some quotes from Iggy on Bowie:
"I learned a lot from him. I first heard the Ramones, Kraftwerk and Tom Waits from him."
"David had an important effect on the third Stooges album, Raw Power. We did some sessions at Olympic Studios in London — songs like "Tight Pants," "I'm Sick of You," "I Got a Right" — and sent the tapes to David. He came back to me: "You can do better than that." So we did."
"“The friendship was basically that this guy salvaged me from certain professional and maybe personal annihilation — simple as that,”"
And it goes on.

Iggy's love for the blues is never discussed as much as it should be. He WORSHIPED Howlin Wolf and Muddy Waters. He spent his teen years just hanging out in black blues clubs listening to stories and playing drums with the older guys. His vocal styles in the Stooges is just him trying to scream the blues like Howlin Wolf.

I also feel like VU being inspired by the Stones is overstated. They lifted the riff to Hitchhiker on There She Goes Again but that's really about it. Buddy Holly was a lot bigger influence on Lou Reed than is usually discussed and it's not part of the usual VU narrative but if you listen to their early shit and tell me Lou didn't want to be Bob Dylan you're having an lol.

Literally all of those quotes are from the second stage of Iggy's career after he already established himself as a legend

>Lou Reed>Iggy

You could argue that The Idiot alone trumps Lou's entire solo career.

Yeah, I think every rock band in the 60s was inspired by the blues one way or another. Iggy does sound like Howling Wolf though, and Punk as a whole was meant to bring music back to the simpler times of the blues because it had gotten so proggy and overproduced. Morrison and Jagger's live antics definitely inspired his craziness, although Iggy took it to another level.

Yeah I don't hear the Stones in VU as much as people say, think that was more a marketing gimmick, people refereed to them as "the psychopaths rolling stones" to get people interested in going to shows. Iggy's solo stuff was definitely Dylan inspired. A bit of Springsteen too.

Transformer and The Idiot are pretty even for me, love them both.

I really like Lou's later albums to that tend to get underrated, Berlin, Cooney Island, Blue Mask, Street Hassle, New York.

Most his albums only have a couple really great songs and the rest are mediocre. so it's a difficult discography to dig through.

Iggy fell off pretty hard after Lust of Life and Idiot, so that tend to lower my opinions to Boiwe and Lou who both have at least 10 great albums though the years.

bolan is a legend

His music feels like aged these days. He had some catch glam hits that were incredible for his time but his influences did it better.

fair enough 2bh
i just think he's a cool dude

Iggy>Bowie>Lou

He is was pretty cool

The television man is crazy
Saying we're juvenile delinquent wrecks
Man, I need a TV when I've got T. Rex
Hey brother, you guessed, I'm a dude

>You could argue that The Idiot alone trumps Lou's entire solo career.
Not convincingly.

Give him a break, this whole thread is one guy who's never heard anything Iggy did outside of The Idiot.

mark e smith>lou reed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>iggy pop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>david bowie

they are already ordered in the picture

Iggy > Bowie > Lou

I don't blame most of you on here underrating Iggy considering how overrated Bowie is on Sup Forums. You're talking about the Ziggy Stardust era so lets talk about it. Iggy died his hair blonde and wore shiny silver pants. A while later, Bowie does the same. They both influenced each other a lot but the first 3 Stooges albums are better than anything Bowie has ever put out. Raw Power is also the worst of the 3. Bowie is great but Iggy gets almost no love on here. Same circlejerk. The Stooges are the greatest gift to rocknroll.

Let's be honest. Most of Iggy's solo albums are shit

Live:
Iggy > Bowie > Lou

Studio:
Bowie > Lou = Iggy

In terms of how much i enjoy them
Bowie>Iggy>Lou

His peaks are higher and far more interesting.
Also check out Préliminaires and Après. Solid records.

T H E M A D M A N

youtube.com/watch?v=QGfHoPvOi3g

David
Lou
Iggy

I love Ig, but some of those 80s albums were pretty bad.

Bowie > Bolan > Reed > Iggy
this legitimately doesn’t make any sense

3, 1, 2.

Based on how much I enjoy their music, Iggy > Lou > Bowie

Fuck Lou, Marry Iggy, Kill Bowie

funtime is my favorite song ever

Can any Iggy album top this?

gee, I wonder who's #1.

and after that, frankly who cares.

Reed > Iggy >Bowie

Bowie > Lou > Iggy
It's pretty close though.

Iggy of course.

>Iggy died his hair blonde and wore shiny silver pants. A while later, Bowie does the same
And nothing you said actually happened. Bowie colored his hair red and started to wear glam clothing and stuff designed in Japan inspired by Kabuki

mark e smith cant write a song, his hired guns can though

>The Stooges
>Funhouse
>Raw Power
>The Idiot
>Lust for Life

Is there any Iggy album worth hearing other than these?

incorrect, he's also a writter