Spring Breakers

Why does Sup Forums like this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0CqpIEucvAY&ab_channel=SpecialFeatures&Extras
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I came here back when it was released.

It started as a joke, but then people started reading it as 2deep4u and it became a meme.

sprangbreak

Because it was a very good project x counter

all those girls were strung out on coke while filming it, my kinda movie tbqh

I like it because there are lots of films about excess in california but spring breakers has a unique feel. It's not a mindblowing movie but there are lots of memorable spots

Because

1. I've seen it
2. I'm not a pleb

newfag

What pusses me off about this movie wasn't just the 90minute music video it is, or Franco's Riff Raff impression, it was that I was so invested into Selena's character cause I thought she was the protagonist, I felt for her and what she was going through, I actually cared, then boom, mid movie she's gone and never heard from again

its pleb filter

you guys are fags

any wisdom from true cinemaphiles?

I'm trying to develop better taste in movies, but can't quite grasp all the symbolism in Spring Breakers. If anyone could lend a hand, I would forever be grateful.

we dont, shit acting and ham fisted direction

because its a good movie

I get it confused with Bling Ring and it makes me think of this scene

SPRING BREAK FOREVERERRR

Yes it is.

She's so fucking perfect holy shit

Degenerate garbage... anyone who likes this should be shot, thrown from a plane and then gassed...

This film is one of the best of our lifetime because it is quite literally about everything that is specific to our time in history, the beginning of the 2nd millennium.

Indiviualism, sexual desire, race relations, the internet, America - it's all here

A sensory onslaught. Still the best film I have ever seen in my life

Race is a big part of it. We are watching a bunch of sexy white ppl infringe upon the life of ugly minorities for pleasure.

The degeneracy of women also seems like a purposeful theme

yup

THICC

This. I legitmately love Spring Breakers.

It's absurd and excessive, it's like fever dream. Yet it all feels too real.

MUHHH DICCCCCCCCC

muh man. I feel like i could watch the establishing shots of their college on a loop forever

Let's talk "out of character" here for a second:

Is this a movie I should actually watch? You're not just meme'ing?

its a great movie

It's just an MTV spring break garbage movie. If you think it's anything else, you got memed.

Yes, but dont get too caught up on intellectualizing it your first viewing. Just enjoy.

I saw it on opening night high on mushrooms

I understand why people like the Pudgens , but Benzo is best

Korine's films are extremely subversive. He had never even made a movie that could get wide reease before this

because huj huj gets me hard

I liked it.

because of Selena Gomez's pube stubble

Mmm pudgens.

thoughts?

Yes.

The entire movie is one big tragic joke, that all seems to hit a bit too close to home.

Other than pointing out that they are perfect?

I m o it's the ultimate pleb test. It's completely fine to not like it, but if you say something like
>wtf it was boring and weird, bad pacing or something, at least the boobs were nice
you're a pleb and that's that.

>they repeat a line like six times

Definitely went over my head. Kino.

The thing that makes Spring Breakers so misunderstood is because Korine never goes fullblown satire with it, it's also why it's pure kino.

The characters are painted as misguided and lost, not as cartoonish degenerates. It's a very melancholic movie, because it's not trying to be biting social commentary on modern youth culture; it's just an excessive showpiece on how hollow the modern american dream is.

yes, that got me baffled too on my first viewings, but you appreciate it in context

I really liked the scene where they robbed some diner or something like that.
Everything about it was pure kino imo

Fuck off, Korine. Your movie was pure plebbery.

>The characters are painted as misguided and lost, not as cartoonish degenerates. It's a very melancholic movie, because it's not trying to be biting social commentary on modern youth culture; it's just an excessive showpiece on how hollow the modern american dream is.

this very much. It doesn't glorify. It doesn't condemn. It just is.

the piss scene

good assertion, have a (You)

Because it captured my fetish perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=0CqpIEucvAY&ab_channel=SpecialFeatures&Extras