Is Georgia a nice country?

Just watch out for zombies

they're fucking RACISTS who literally have a crusader flag

Shoo,

When non-Americans hear "Georgia" what do they think of first: the US state or the country?

With a flag like that you just know they're good lads

I was thinking of travelling there because everyone else in Europe is a boring melt not worth drinking with

Apart from Finland of course, they're good lads

Depends on the context.

Gruzija is the best place to drink with locals.

How do you know this information? Are the girls qt?

Because I went there.

Also if some random unsavoury looking character offers to share a bottle of cha cha from his jacket pocket in a tavern, good times shall be had (seriously).

Try to stay with locals if you can, you can enjoy shit like vodka for breakfast followed by casual drunk road trips to the local monastery, followed by more morning drinking.

Georgians just do not give a fug.

>angloz

Kak panimat

I've been there for like 2 weeks. The countryside is great, but the cities are pretty dull aside from the capital. The local wine and food is overrated. Had a bunch of traffic jams in the Upper Caucasus. Watch out for crazy drivers.

The name of the country is pronounced very differently from the state.

Food is overrated for sure, especially if you come from the Levant

But come on, the wine is truly excellent.

Saint George.

Stalin was the only person/thing of note to ever come from that country

Gurcistán is the country
Georgia is the state

The wine is too spicy in my opinion.

Oh and another thing OP, almost no one speaks a word of English, so get a dictionary.

>almost no one speaks a word of English, so get a dictionary

Seconded

Tell me moar lad! I'm really interested in going

>implying you need to talk to locals to get drunk with them

He'll just tell you the best place to get aids

My advices
>hire a car or, better yet, hitchhike.
>dont stay in the cities other than for just a short while, the nature is more interesting
>stay with someone on airbnb or couchsurfing. Georgians are very hospitable and if you dont speak their ice-cream language or know rushin, it will be hard
>if you go in the warmer months, eat the locally grown fruit. It's amazing.
>dont go to abkhazia, my lith friends had a gun pulled on them there

>everyone else in europe

With all due respect but georgians arent really european.

>gurcistan

ehh turk spotted? Only turks and iranians call it gurcistan idiot

Country

I wish i could hit you in the face.

i'm ethnic georgian AMA

What's the best region of Georgia?

>best region

Hmm, i haven't been there in a while.
But i really think the small villages in the mountains are really beautiful and comfy.
Batumi is more of a tourist town where people come for clubs, etc.

like for example, kakheti.

Do you eat lubio on a regular basis?

lubio..? You mean lobiani, which is a khacapuri but with beans in it?

ლობიო/Lobio. The stewed bean dish with walnuts in it. I haven't had georgian food in years and yet I crave it more and more.

ah, yes now i remember. My dads friends mom used to make that, i never liked the look of it so i didn't touch it. ;^)

You missed out. I love georgian food, might be my favorite food around. Shame it's so rare in the states.

dude I'm from Georgia, living Germany now because we were poor af there. If you got money the place is more than good, you good a nice landscape, wonderful food, good hoes (tbilisi has nice ones), and nice ppl (its better to know russian or at best georgian tho). Life in Georgia is cheap af for foreigners, u get like 3 Lari for 1 GP and everything is cheap af compared to western europe. We do look a bit brownish, but rest assured our history is like full christian and most georgians despise turks for all they have down to us. have fun in Georgia ma dude, as long as you got money (which doesn't have to be much) it's all perfect. I woulnd't go to the countryside for talking tho, those guys don't speak anything besides georgian and with luck russian....

რამდენი ხანი ცხოვროპ გერმანიასჰი?

you could always google the recept and make it yourself. That's what my familiy does time to time.
But it tastes different if you compare it to the country side

Dunno about the country but I personally really like the language

Do you liek English peepul?

If you're the bleach blonde bloke, you're pretty qt lad no homo

Cheers fella, will probably stay in Tbilisi and venture out to the countryside too. Looks like a beautiful country. Just need to find some people to come with me.

I spent a week or so in Georgia back in 2013.

Decent country. The locals are friendly, food and drink are cheap, and the landscape is pleasant. Never felt threatened in Tbilisi, and I went to some pretty dodgy spots.

I don't think I'll mind never going back to Georgia, but I wouldn't balk at the opportunity if it came up.

If you want to go, go. A lot of people I've met who've traveled there loved it.

what kind of question is that?

Have fun! just make sure to not to go to the occupied area of abkhazia and ossetia. Russian troops are there and they wont let you pass.

I have a German friend who went to Abkhazia in 2013, shortly after I'd left Georgia.

Said it was a bizarre place but that folks were very friendly. Some former rebels photographed him with an AK-47.

Apparently drunk driving is legal in Abkhazia, provided the operators maintains a low speed. He also said he ran into a few Polish tourists there, too.

They are fun people to eat with.

How did Georgian (former) highwayrobber managed to become leader of the Sovjet Union?

So why does everyone call it Georgian after St. George anyway? Just because he's their patron saint?

same