3x3/4x4/5x5 weekly collage thread

tapmusic.net

heyy

+Bowie, Bon Iver
+Wayne Shorter
+MBV, Japandroids, Pavement

Lotsa 2018 in mine. Been playing catch-up since I normally keep track of new releases each week but only started a week or two ago this year. Got like 200 albums from this year already. Fuck knows what I'm going to do to get through them or at least listen long enough to know they're trash.

Your very middle album is probably the next 2018 one I want to check out. Sounded interesting from the sample
++Eye Contact
Want to automatically say "---" for Solange, but I haven't listened to it and I'm trying to stay truthful.

++Halcyon Digest, Doolittle
~Japandroids, Pavement

I was feeling the same way about Solange but it’s good. Would link you a song called Don’t Wish Me Well but it’s not on youtube

fuck yeah Carla Bley, she's amazing

nerf mercy mercy mercy

check out Musk Ox famfam

Razor Boy is kind of like a perfect pop song

>

still kinda irked blizzard cucked everyone out of what could've been a pretty interesting plot development there

i forget how much fun playing medic can be
i'm too used to demo pyro and soldier desu

I'll go find it and check it out, cheers!

>Try playing TF2 again for the first time in years
>All the people I see are spouting memes from and acting like it's still 2008-10
A time capsule in the worst way

>Neal Morse solo work
Is it any good? All I remember about him is that he did Christian rock or something right after he left Spock's Beard

Listen to Joni Mitchell's Hejira, Pastorious is great on that album.

>A time capsule in the worst way
yea people still spamming lenny face there
FTL soundtrack is based
the game itself is too hard for me but good too

it's not good at all desu. If you want to give his solo stuff a listen, try Sola Scriptura instead, Lifeline is mad preachy and cliché to the point where it's laughable. Or if you want really good prog stuff that's christian in faith (and you don't mind them being power metal) listen to Theocracy

Soldier
Spy
Demoman
Pyro
Scout
Engine
Medic
Sniper

Do you like the split Om did with Current 93?

First truly accurate one of these things. The Medic is second best, only better is The Spy.
Fuck, it's been years now, but starting around when it became free to play, so nearly 7 years ago, I sunk a good 2000 hours into TF2, 92% Spy, 5% Medic, 3% Engineer (not implying he's third best. Only other ranking I feel sure of is that Pyro is for scum and is dead last), but I only played Engineer once I memorized spots where you could place teleporters so that using them would get people stuck in place, because, hate me or not, depending on how much I like the game (for example, 2-3% of my TF2 playtime since I love that game (unless it's been ruined in the 4-ish years since I've last opened it) -- still a hefty amount considering how much I played (40-60 hours with 2k hours of playtime) -- and like 95% of my time in CoD, starting with 4 and each future title until I grew out of it, since my brother owned and bought each new one (I think he still buys every new one to this day (he's 3.5 years older than me...)), I spent trapping people in corners, back when I played them (bearing in mind I was like some 6-7 years younger then), I always wound up spending a fair amount of playtime fucking my teammates over (while I haven't touched an FPS in 4+ years, at least, not counting Overwatch, for like 6 months when it came out (which I liked plenty but I never got any good at (probably because I always wanted to play Genji)), and afaik Overwatch doesn't give a good chance to fuck with your own team -- leave it to good old Blizz to make their game the one FPS where you can't derail your teammates).
That probably reads unintelligibly because I got carried away with my fucking parentheses.
Fuck I miss being The Spy in TF2 now. I took that shit (probably too) seriously -- studied pros playing and everything.
And fuck you for bringing back memories and making me unable to resist typing out a totally irrelevant post to the thread.

Same user here. Looking at what I typed as a post on here makes me feel miserable about my life. I didn't know I typed so much about fucking video games in a collage thread, or anywhere for that matter.

Scout was fun but I was The Spy all the way baby (shamefully outing myself as ).

>He has albums that don't have registered pictures
You think you're fucking better than me?

It's mostly classical desu

cool stuff man, good ear except I have no idea what you are doing ducking around with the doors of all things
my god it's full of memes
not bad
+starwbs
+xtc
+can
+la policia
-porcupine tree
do you date me?
+gnaw their tongues fuck yeah
-diablo swing orchestra *concerned head wagging*
--Rome *condescending head tilt*
+nas, THE DAN, Yellow
-everything else
+++bradford cox worship
-----Car seat headrest worship
++pavement
--kurt vile, japandroids, cloud nothings all blow goats.

+Monk, Coil
~Mahavishnu
---*verb*

>cool stuff man
Thanks! Well i like the Doors debut album, so i gave L.A. Woman a try, didn't really like it tho

black boxes are for lazies and smugs and people with light brown hair

what is your stance on conjunctive adverbs

mais ou est donc ornicar?

Check out El Paraiso Records. Denmark label with psychy kosmische sounding music. The latest releases are the ones ive heard and they're p good
that harlem album is so good. south of france is such a jam. i remember their myspace page had a link to a drug website, a website thatd identify a pill by its shape and marks

yeah I really had my doubts if they could follow up Hippies, and they nailed it. Dunno if anything quite hits the level like "Gay Human Bones" but I still need a few more listens to let it sink in. Your charts pretty cool too gonna look into some of those albums. Ever listen to Manorexia? I think you may appreciate them

totally

i was suprised too that hippies turned out amazing, its a shame theyre gone. i'll have to check out manorexia

don't recognize any of that except Refused, which I like. What 1 album off there would you rec to me

boy do i love regina spektor
you'll probably dig bedhead the most
but i want to rec born against instead because they're the best

So you DO think you're better than me

yeah Regina is full on kooky in that album, I dig it. thanks for the recs

check out Joan of Arc - Live in Chicago, 1999

i've had that Jack DeJohnette album for a while but never listened to it, how is it?

Rudimentary Peni

Brand X - Unorthodox Behavior

wow really digging Trembling Blue Stars and Mary Halvorson. didn't dig the vibe New World Parasites put out there.

bedhead a bit too mellow for me, I don't like a lot of slowcore tho. Born Against fuckin slaps though

Brand X is noice, (You) may like the Smoke album, Another Reason to Fast

hi

I've logged nearly 1000 hours into Sniper, using the Huntsman. No regrets.

whoa damn i guess I misread your chart
you better look into crucifix and dog faced hermans and pain teens while youre at it

maybe astronauts too if you want something weirder

>He's a Pyro-playing scumbag

>Pain Teens
now we're cooking with fish grease A+
>Dog Faced Hermans
a bit like if X went more ska, innit, cool beans
>Crucifix
not really my bag
>The Astronauts
oh yeah this is weird in all the right ways

++a promise,+this is happening,command,woman machine, a u r o r a
i was medic/demo
vince staples if you haven't?

Oh yeah I have, Big Fish Theory has some real good bangers, thanks for the rec man. also ++ Donuts

love the new palm album
+isn't anything, deerhunter, spooky action
check out anything on my chart lol
high schooler
+bedhead

Mild High Club - Mild High Club
Candy Claws - Ceres and Calypso in the Deep Time

Clark - Body Riddle

Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come