Anyone got the mallgoth primer chart

Anyone got the mallgoth primer chart

This chart is...odd. Why would a poser goth kid listen to something like Ornette Coleman or Captain Beefheart?

The argument the chart makes is that they latch onto music that is free improv or random because those are easier artistic elements for them to notice and claim makes them cultured.

You got Marilyn Manson, NIN and SOAD right, but that's about it.

Oh okay. That makes sense.

That's a hipster, not a mall goth.

Can you guys actually give me the primer, I need it

This is it but its blurred

mall goths are cool

that's it
why the fuck there are so much experimental shit in this chart

Since this is the closest thing to a general x-chart thread, I'm considering making a "music for tourists" chart. Does anybody have suggestions for this ?

That's not mallgoth though. That's just a pleb. A mallgoth listens to mainstream alt metal/rock (I guess SOAD,FNM and NIN fit here),nu-metal and 2000s "emo"

This doesn’t make any sense. “Mallgoths” used to just listen to shitty pop punk and nu metal

What kind of tourist?

NMH - ITAOTS

Genre / band tourists, e.g. that guy who claims Piper as his favorite Floyd album without listening to any of the compilations of material from that era, the guy who says "yeah I'm really into black metal, Deafheaven, Burzum, the list goes on," people who claim Rubber Soul as the best Beatles, that sort of thing. People who clearly don't actually try to understand the context they're claiming to like and just go for the surface / image.

I don't see it.

Townes Van Zandt

>it's all Sup Forumscore
Further proving that no one on this board has ever stepped outside

nice

based

As a whole, or a specific release ? I need context.

Pharaoh Sanders - Karma
You could also pick something newer like The Epic but the cult of rockist circular jerking around Karma is something to behold.

He's the go-to for hipsters who want to pretend they listen to country. Our Mother the Mountain or s/t would fit best.

Good suggestions boyos.
Quick note: this isn't (necessarily) a comment on the quality of the albums themselves, just a noticeable trend among listeners who flock to these albums and don't branch out.

Nothing wrong with being a tourist. That said, how about Steve Reich' Music for 18 Musicians, some Davis, Coltrane and/or Mingus of course, some generic Schoenberg string quartet comp, maybe Quartet for the End of Time

quality

Amazing how much insecurity you can fit into 4MB or less.