THE FUTURE OF FOX/MARVEL

- Bryan Singer is no longer the director, but will remain as a producer and creative consultant.

- Singer didn't want to direct X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, but Fox convinced him to do it. He originally viewed X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST as the "natural end" of the series.

- Fox doesn't consider X-MEN: APOCALYPSE a flop, but it definitely underperformed, and they're aware that the audience hasn't reacted positively to the new cast. This, coupled with Singer's departure and James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult reaching the end of their contracts, has led to Fox shelving plans for another direct sequel for the time being.

- McAvoy is already in final talks to sign a new contract to play Xavier, now that Patrick Stewart is retiring from the role.

- There's interest in bringing Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult back as well, but none of them are as enthusiastic as McAvoy, who genuinely enjoys the role. Besides, they have a wider timetable to renegotiate their contracts since Magneto, Mystique and Beast wouldn't be used again for the next three years at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QIaudxPL1Mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

- LOGAN was been very well-received by test-audiences and is projected to be a box office hit.

- Ellen Page makes an uncredited appearance in the movie as an older Kitty Pryde.

- There's no Deadpool cameo as previously reported.

- Hugh Jackman decided to retire due to his health, as he no longer feel capable of maintaining the rigorous training regime to achieve his Wolverine physique, but Fox is trying to change his mind, and he's now leaning towards coming back at least one more time for a proposed WOLVERINE/DEADPOOL crossover, as he truly loves the characters and is good friends with Ryan Reynolds.

- Tim Miller left DEADPOOL 2 due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds over tone and budget. Miller wanted the movie to be slightly darker and more serious, and wanted a budget increse to roughly $115 million. Reynolds preferred to maintain the irreverent tone and fairly low budget, which is projected to be of roughly $100 million.

- Cable and Domino will appear in the movie. Liam Neeson is Fox's top choice to play Cable, but an offer hasn't been made yet. Actresses are currently auditioning for Domino, with Sofia Boutella, Mackenzie Davis and Kelly Rohrbach as the frontrunners.

- Morena Baccarin, J.T. Miller and Leslie Uggams will return.

- T-Ray will be the main villain and lead a team of mutant mercenaries that includes Garrison Kane, Amelia Voght, Wyre, Sluggo and Slayback.

- The movie will be released on June 29, 2018.

- Fox is moving forward with X-MEN: THE NEW MUTANTS, directed by Josh Boone. Depending on the audience's reaction, they might even replace the characters introduced in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE as the franchise's young leads.

- The movie set in the 1980's and features Mirage, Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik, Wolfsbane and Warlock battling Demon Bear. Professor Charles Xavier will appear.

- Casting is underway, with Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams and Nat Wolff in advanced talks for Magik, Wolfsbane and Sunspot.

- Tyler Posey and Noel Fisher have been approached by Boone for Sunspot and Warlock, but there are no negotiations yet.

- Boone is interested in Naomi Scott for Mirage, but there'll be an audition process in the coming months. Mirage is the lead character, and Fox wants an actress with true Native American descendency for the role.

- Warlock and Demon Bear will be CGI creations, created through motion-capture and prosthetics. Fox wants a notable actor to voice Demon Bear, such as Idris Elba, who was previously in talks for Apocalypse.

- The movie's budget is of roughly $125 million and the release date is March 2, 2017.

- GAMBIT is still in development and Channing Tatum is still attached to star and produce, but Lea Seydoux has dropped out due to production delays. The script is being revised to scale down the budget, which was projected to be of roughly $150 million. Fox is currently scouting directors, with Reuben Flescher and Chad Stahelski as early frontrunners. There are plans to release the movie on February 15, 2019.

- DEADPOOL 3 is already in early development, but David Leitch won't return to direct. Cable and Domino are expected to return and the movie will feature the X-Force being assembled ahead of a potential spin-off headlined by Cable.

- Fox really wants the WOLVERINE/DEADPOOL crossover to happen, if they are able to convince Hugh Jackman, but are still figuring out if they'd have a standalone movie or just feature Wolverine in DEADPOOL 3.

- More mainline X-MEN movies depend on the public's reception to NEW MUTANTS and how the negotiations with Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult go. If it doesn't pan out, Fox will simply add fan-favorite characters such as Quicksilver, Nightcrawler and Storm to the New Mutants in further sequels.

>Kelly Rohrbach

Nice

youtube.com/watch?v=QIaudxPL1Mo

- Fox is studying their options to revamp the Fantastic Four in the movies after Josh Trank's movie flopped. Whichever they decide to do, they'll skip the origin and jump straight into the Fantastic Four as an established institution. They're aiming for a high-concept, adventurous GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY-esque movie now.

- Fox has regretted letting go of Daredevil to keep Galactus and the Silver Surfer, given how they've enjoyed a resurgence in the genre in lower-budger, R-rated movies, many of them period pieces, just as Joe Carnahan had proposed his DAREDEVIL project to be in the early 2010's.

- Fox indeed planned for a X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR crossover with the versions created by Singer and Trank, but that idea has since been scrapped, and they've made the decision to keep the two properties separated when they reboot the Fantastic Four (again) in the near-future.

Jesus, what a clusterfuck.
They need to have a good 3-5 years without xmen.

It should have ended with DoFp. I'd love to see an X-Force movie but right now there are way to many damn superhero flicks on the horizon. I agree with

>Liam Neeson is Fox's top choice to play Cable
are you fucking kidding me he's a frail old man

they should put hugh jackman in an actual wolverine costume and mask when he crossovers to deadpool 3 otherwise whats the point?

Is there a source, or is this one of those whack ass leaks?

Noel Fisher, hah getting Toad from Xmen Evolution in a live action movie would be awesome.

Fox needs the franchise too desperately. DOFP, Deadpool and XM:A all made them money. So half their projects are rushed, or totally fucked with. Deadpool was a labor of love. Saying New Mutants may have to insert Quicksilver, Nightcralwer and Storm sucks. If the New Mutants does well then we're seeing less of the team in the sequel in favor of characters not in the first one? I mean fuck... come on. ...

The movie is in less than 3 months and we've haven't heard or seen anything about it. What's that about?

That was a typo, it's coming in 2018.

It does begin filming this March, though.

Gay and autistic.

They really should just reboot the X-Men universe within Deadpool 2 or 3.

>Maisie Williams
>Wolfsbane

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am officially a teenage girl

>They need to have a good 3-5 years without xmen
The license will revert to Marvel if that happens. That's why Fox can't stop shitting out F4 movies no one wants.

Fox should make a Quicksilver movie, or have Quicksilver be a prominent member of this shitty new mutants team.

Not enthused about any of what Fox has going on, but will go see them all anyways because I enjoy going to the movies with my pals.

They can coyly reboot it. Honestly, hope they do. Give us a decent archangel and psylocke on x-force.

the new cast wasn't as bad as seeing jlaw again.

no, just have quicksilver be the movie-saving cameo character now that jackman is retiring

All the good actors of the franchise are done (Fassbender, Stewart, McKellen, Jackman), do the same deal Sony did with Marvel with the exception of keeping the full rights to Deadpool

Ugh.

Keep only Deadpool isn't going to last them very long either though. Most of Deadpool's major stories (after cutting out X-men related characters) that would actually work as a movie wouldn't be enough to last past say 4-5 movies. After that, what then? Meanwhile, if they still hold on to X-men, they can further extend to X-force etc.

That said though, I'd certainly prefer if Fox just pull a sony for everything, X-men AND deadpool.

No I just want Marvel to have the Fantastic 4. I want the X-men to be separate from the other heroes and I like Fox's take on it.

I want Marvel to get back F4 in the vain hopes of Spidey/F4 crossover.

Gotta call bullshit here, there's no way they are planning for a mid 2018 release. It is publicly known that Reynolds and the producers want to shoot for this year as they feel that taking too much time on the movie will yield a worse result
>tfw this meme capecuck movie is the only one that understands that working within time and budget leads to a better quality end result

The guy that directed Deadpool should direct the X-Men movies.

Deadpool's success entirely depends on Ryan Reynolds, once he stops making the movies no one will pay to see them and the franchise is as good as dead (although Fox would still try to milk it)

They could literally make the deal Sony did with spoderman and get profits from standalone movies with F4 but get the benefits of the MCU and crossovers. Literally fucking retarded.

I LOVED Apocalypse and would love to see them do an early 90's sequel that goes galactic!!!FACT!!!

>...they have a wider timetable to renegotiate their contracts since Magneto, Mystique and Beast wouldn't be used again for the next three years at least.
>Magneto, Mystique...wouldn't be used again for the next three years at least.

LET US REJOICE literally fuck magneto and JLaw nothing but an anchor around the fucking franchise

Fassbender's great as Magneto problem is they keep repeated the same Magneto arc over and over

Mags as a more morally grey leadership figure of the X-Men absolutely would have worked with Fassbender.

Fassbender was great in First Class and Magneto's views and actions were justifiable. Then in DOFP he went from a nuanced character to a cartoonist villian

I'll be disappointed if Fassbender doesn't return. But x-men apocalypse did feel like a final goodbye for Magneto. Like what else is here to do with his character? Glad Mcavoy wants to come back as professor x though.

Apocalypse should have totally closed the door on that as well. Instead Erik kills millions off screen and the X-Men still give him a send-off. Guy can get away with anything.

>Mackenzie Davis a
>as Domino
NEAT

Not going to lie, I give Erik a free pass on what he did too after what happened to his family.

is this movie worth a $5.99 rental?

>WOLVERINE/DEADPOOL crossover
FUND IT

Apoc is a pretty solid movie that just wasn't as good as the previous one, that's all

>Channing tatum
>Gambit

Fuck no, just absolutely fuck no.

>working within time and budget leads to a better quality end result

So did you like Civil War?

Better than anything joe sweden shat outt

Same I like that xmen is separate.
Having the world of mutants mixed in would devalue the marvel heros so much. No shock value. Everyone would think a new super hero is just some mutant with a power they don't understand. I wonder how it even worked in the comics.

>He originally viewed X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST as the "natural end" of the series

Heck, so do I. It was a fitting end, was it not?

Man I remember when they were making a massive deal about Fan Bingbing as Blink in DoFP. Massive chinese actress etc.
Never cast or mentioned again, she's contracted though apparently.

What a waste.

Apocalypse was boring and shitty. Everything they did right in the last movies are just thrown out the window, only for this longass movie to culminate into a mind numbingly dumb final fight scene with a massive fuck you of an ending.
They introduce the recast younger characters like Cyclops and Jean again only to have them over shadowed in screen time by Jennifer Laurence, who looks bored the entire time and Magneto, who has some retarded shit after a strong start.
and Apocalypse himself is straight out of Power Rangers but somehow less entertaining.

Kill yourself who cares
xmen and capeshit is shit

all of it

Apoc is totally fine. Absolutely no real not to see it. Critics said it was shit, but a friend who generally has similar tastes said it was totally good, so I saw it (still with low expectations). if you like Xmen, you'll like it. It's not GREAT, it has its weaknesses but it's totally an acceptable watch. No regrets watching.

It's simply another example of public opinion being vastly weird. I saw Finding Dory and thought it was hohum and quite bad yet people LOVE it.

Fox will not bow down to the mouse like those chinks

sup reddit

I want a Fantastic Four movie by Mel Gibson

Thank god JLaw is out.

They should have dropped her or minimized her character as soon as she started bitching about the blue paint.

>entire arc of the character is self-acceptance
>appears in her natural form for 45 seconds