Vote remain

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_to_the_European_Parliament#Voting_system
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Commission#College
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Council#Powers_and_functions
youtube.com/watch?v=emxumavBU3M
europa.eu/about-eu/facts-figures/administration/index_en.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=jcvBMyy8a7c
theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/14/bank-of-england-warns-brexit-could-do-serious-harm-to-uk-economy
theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/18/imf-says-brexit-would-trigger-uk-recession-eu-referendum
oecd.org/economy/oecd-study-finds-britons-will-be-paying-a-heavy-brexit-tax-for-many-years-if-uk-leaves-eu.htm
ft.com/cms/s/2/b23864e8-2ee3-11e6-bf8d-26294ad519fc.html#axzz4CFV3pe63
theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/21/brexit-could-cost-100bn-and-nearly-1m-jobs-cbi-warns
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-21/-brexit-would-cause-significant-damage-oxford-economics-says
youtube.com/watch?v=QT0I-sdoSXU
youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI
youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you literally can't make me

Vote Gas.

Vote Leave

agree

>Vote remain
IF you are a loser.

Only capitalist cucks will vote remain.

>all graphics no sources

>If you have national sovereignty it's less democratic than having other countries voting because otherwise those countries are excluded

This is literally the thinking of a One World Government.

wow if the Sun is saying it
KEK

Okay

Vote nuke Sweden

Rather not have my country to be flooded with fascist sand niggers, most of whom have nothing but contempt for western liberal society.

I think i understand why swedish women crave black cock. If you have nothing then something looks good.

dont worry sven, that big black cock will remain in your ass no matter what we do

Or else dragons attack London.

>flag
Not at all surprised.

england get out while you still can
only way things might improve

Anyone else voting leave because they're chaotic neutral and just want to see what happens?

Vote Bremain for Friday stock rally. Please. I need profits.

>Austrian
>Thinking your opinion matters

If England leaves it looks like others will join and the whole thing will fall in on itself. There's some good to the Eu like the Common Agricultural Policy, however the Common Fisheries Policy among other things is an example of how shitty it is.

There is a documentary about that. Kingdom of fire in think it's called. It's what happened to the britbongs before they join EU

A.
FUCKING.
KEK.

>getting cuckholded by the EU

Good show m8, remain for sure.

The debate is awesome. Remain are kicking the shit out of Leave. Lying shitstains.

Suck a dick Abdul.

HAH! they have given up on arguments

Kill yourself.

The Sun doing that was a game changer for Brexit yeah. There's something in the air..

BEADY

Democratic =/= good
Stop falling for this buzzword

>You elect a local MEP

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_to_the_European_Parliament#Voting_system

>Elected MEPs decide the leadership

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Commission#College

The Commission is composed of a college of "Commissioners" of 28 members, including the President and vice-presidents. Even though each member is appointed by a national government, one per state, they do not represent their state in the Commission.[59] In practice, however, they do occasionally press for their national interest.[60] Once proposed, the President delegates portfolios among each of the members. The power of a Commissioner largely depends upon their portfolio, and can vary over time. For example, the Education Commissioner has been growing in importance, in line with the rise in the importance of education and culture in European policy-making.[61] Another example is the Competition Commissioner, who holds a highly visible position with global reach.[59] Before the Commission can assume office, the college as a whole must be approved by the Parliament.[2] Commissioners are supported by their personal cabinet who give them political guidance, while the Civil Service (the DGs, see below) deal with technical preparation.[62]

>The Commission appoints civil servants

See above.

>Laws are approved by elected national parliaments

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Council#Powers_and_functions

>British
>thinking your opinion matters

It's about to matter even less come Friday.

Wow, the EU is so democratic.
I wish I was in a North American union so a guy from Guatemala can tell me what kind of cars I can drive in Alberta. Because it's democratic.

youtube.com/watch?v=emxumavBU3M

THIS WILL BE OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY!

And there is nothing your prophet, Piss be upon him, can do about it!

You could say that about literally any democracy.

>I wish I was in a United States of America so a guy from Kentucky can tell me what kind of cars I can drive in California. Because it's democratic.

>I wish I was in a Russian Federation so a guy from Moscow can tell me what kind of cars I can drive in Vladivostok. Because it's democratic.

>I wish I was in an Italian Republic so a guy from Naples can tell me what kind of cars I can drive in Milan. Because it's democratic.

You don't get your way 100% of the time. Boo fucking hoo.

>6% OF EU BUDGET IS SPENT ON FREELOADERS
threadly reminder that there are 55.000 eurocrats directly employed by the EU, all of them are exempt from their national healthcare and pension ponzi schemes (the ones you can't opt out of), they pay NO national income tax on their salaries, enjoy numerous valuable perks and essentially live in a state within a superstate

as such they are loyal to Brussels and Strasbourg only, they don't give a fuck about you but have a vested interest to keep the carnival going, at your expense and against your best interest

europa.eu/about-eu/facts-figures/administration/index_en.htm

Give me three good reasons why Britain should stay in the EU.

P-please vote remain..

I hive of degeneracy and turncoats

The CAP is not good. It pays farmers not to produce and it's heavily overweighted in favour of French farmers.

British people are being told they will be worth shit without the EU, when in fact they are one of the major contributors to it, lets burn this shitfest down

Vote leave you cunts

youtube.com/watch?v=jcvBMyy8a7c

>Vote Remain so you can end up like pic related

No thanks Sweden.

fucking "audience" plants

1. Fiscal benefits.
2. Economic security.
3. Fucking money.

theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/14/bank-of-england-warns-brexit-could-do-serious-harm-to-uk-economy

theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/18/imf-says-brexit-would-trigger-uk-recession-eu-referendum

oecd.org/economy/oecd-study-finds-britons-will-be-paying-a-heavy-brexit-tax-for-many-years-if-uk-leaves-eu.htm

ft.com/cms/s/2/b23864e8-2ee3-11e6-bf8d-26294ad519fc.html#axzz4CFV3pe63

theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/21/brexit-could-cost-100bn-and-nearly-1m-jobs-cbi-warns

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-21/-brexit-would-cause-significant-damage-oxford-economics-says

>Vote remain

Vote REMAIN! Soros and his banker pals need more money

Holy. ;^;7

why? your not my real mum you cant tell me what to do?

The difference is all of those countries are in a long lasting union and all have at least moderate cultural ties, as well as speaking the same language. They are all at least bound by being a single nation.

If you're implying Kentucky is to California as Guatemala is to Canada I have no clue what you think the dynamic between either of those are

HOW MANY FUCKING THREADS ARE THERE?

STOP IT, YOU FUCKING TRAITORS!

>Sweden
>Swedish posts

Sweden is a meme now.

SHALL

LOOK! There he is!

The eternal Swede has gone home to his surprisingly brown son, and to wallow away his sadness that his wife is getting fucked by Somalis, he deludes himself
that his input is required on a matter that doesn't concern him.

Stick to fixing your society before trying to pick fights elsewhere, you Scandinavian poofter

wtf i hate the EU now...

i am now a #nigenegotiator

>now

Leaf please

anytime anybody asks a audience question

Mr. Burns, Your Campaign Seems To Have the Momentum of a Runaway Freight Train. Why Are You So Popular?

also
>1 post by this ID

But I already sent my postal vote for leave a week ago. Now I'm in Spain on holiday doing my bit too keep them in a job.

Captain America was the bad guy.

Gå och lägg dig abdullah.

>The difference is all of those countries are in a long lasting union and all have at least moderate cultural ties, as well as speaking the same language. They are all at least bound by being a single nation.

Do you know anything about Italy or Italian history?

You could hardly say Europe lacks cultural ties or a shared history either. I've never heard of a common language being a prerequisite for a country or union of countries either. Somewhat ironic coming from a Canadian too tbqh.

>If you're implying Kentucky is to California as Guatemala is to Canada I have no clue what you think the dynamic between either of those are

My point is you can make that complaint - that people far away who I don't know or share much in common with are (partly) making decisions about me that I don't like - about any democracy. The way they function is majority rule with the consent of the minority.

Europe is no different. Everyone gets together. Everyone debates, negotiates, comes up with a set of common rules. That proposal gets voted on by the Parliament and Council. Everyone goes home and implements those rules. Sure, you don't get 100% of what you want 100% of the time, but that doesn't mean the system is undemocratic.

Gee, it's almost like a democracy governing a diverse groups tends to reduce individual freedom and therefore needs limits on its power and size.

>not willing to take economic hit for sovereignity
>not willing to take economic hit to get out of a ticking time bomb

fucking hell canada at least act like you're anglo

I'm not saying the system isn't democratic. I'm saying it's not exactly fair or sustainable when an EU with so many diverse countries can have some countries pick laws and rules for everyone.

In the US, the fact it has a stronger federal government and strong cultural ties makes this possible. The EU is not the US.

nice list of shills you got there

freedom is worth the cost - all costs, that is unless you want to be a little bitch living an illusion locked inside a gilded cage

You lost your sovereignty the second you let all those mudslimes in.

Aren't you happy enough with being one of the few countries who drives on the left? Stay.

Honest shills are honest.

Deus vult
Boris for PM

I can only imagine those kids have no father figure in their lives

Haha, fuck yourself. Leave for me and everyone else I know.

Fuck off. The economic fallout will literally last the two years it takes to pull Britain out. Then, the trade deficit Britain already has to the European Union GOES AWAY. The red tape of dealing with the EU's market GOES AWAY. More jobs return to Britain as it a result of it taking back control of its sovereignty in policy and economic stimulus, and the EU, whether it likes Britain or not after departure, NEEDS Britain to support it. Outside of Germany, it's the biggest contributor to the union.

Britain should have never joined the EU. Now, it must correct its mistake. It will be painful, of course, but that's better then remaining and facing an EU collapse that isn't just painful---but lethal.

Im sure Russia has a lot of experience with having freedom but living in a shithole

>vote remain
>Average Joe middle class has 5% more money, lives in a ghetto surrounded by third worlders
>Taxes on Joe go up to pay benefits for third worlders

The EU's power is very limited. It can't even raise its own taxes ffs, the Member States have do to that for it via membership fees. Its parliament can't propose laws - again that has to come from the Member States. It effectively only has power over a narrow range of issues and even then it usually takes a softly softly approach at enforcing them.

>some countries pick laws and rules for everyone.

That's not how it works though. It's not like Malta dictates the entirety of EU law. The Council or Commission (each with 28 representatives, i.e. 1 representative per Member State) makes a proposal and the Parliament (751 members directly elected by EU citizens) votes on it. Much like the Senate v. Congress in the US, there's a balance between the interests of countries and interests of individual citizens, but it's still collective decision-making principally driven by national governments.

There's also the fact that the principle of subsidiarity, i.e. that decision-making should be made as close to the people it affects as possible, is a cornerstone of EU law generally. Hence why Member States still make the vast majority of legislation that affects them and why most EU laws are directives*. Only the stuff that absolutely needs consensus to function goes into regulations**.

>In the US, the fact it has a stronger federal government and strong cultural ties makes this possible. The EU is not the US.

I agree. It's much less closely integrated and the "states" of the EU have much, much more power than the states of the US. The EU isn't trying to be the US though. I'm not sure the EU knows really what it wants to be, it's a work-in-progress that's still being figured out.

*Directives work by basically saying "here's how things should be, make your own laws to achieve that goal by x date".
**Regulations become law immediately throughout the Union once they come into force, no transposition into national law needed.

Through you history you've been good at giving independance...to others.

I don't really know about Russia, never been there
I do know my EU since I'm a member since 2004

CRASHING THIS UNION

Is the creator of this image retarded?
First past the post means you do elect your local MP, proportional representation means you don't elect your local MP your assigned one based on non local votes.

Oh shit thats Slovenia. Sorry user I just glanced at your flag

Economic security is codeword for low growth. If you want to stagnate then by all means stay in.

But our system is retarded, nearly everyone votes on the party, barely anyone cares about who represents each party in their area. If we had proportional representation maybe some parties (UKIP for example) wouldnt be so cucked in Parliament

The Sun is for retarded chavs.

Why do I always get angry at this web?

fuck off american dickhead, you cunts complain about Europeans saying shit about your elections and then you pretend as if youre shit opinion matters here

It would just make hung parliaments more frequent.

And people not realizing what they're voting for doesn't matter because they'd still be voting for seats in proportional representation.

It would also give far too much power to massive cities like London.

Not even close Mehmet.
They will remain and i hope one day we will be rid of scum like you.

As much as you can argue that its the most efficient system, its not exactly representative of what the people actually feel. And if the majority of the population live in massive cities shouldnt we cater to the majority more than we do to the guys who live in smaller towns.

>proportional representation means you don't elect your local MP your assigned one based on non local votes.

That's not how it works. At all. I'm guessing you've misunderstood how a mixed-member PR system works, so here's that explained:

youtube.com/watch?v=QT0I-sdoSXU

That's also not the only type of PR system. There's STV as well, which doesn't use any form of list. Instead it uses bigger constituencies with multiple MPs.

youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI

First past the post is a terrible voting system, susceptible to gerrymandering and minority rule. I barely consider countries that use it democratic at all.

>It would just make hung parliaments more frequent.

It would also mean much, much less chance two party system forming, hence easier coalitions.

>It would also give far too much power to massive cities like London.

There's no reason the proportion of MPs for London would have to increase or decrease under a PR system.

No because that isn't how a parliament works, the big cities are reprisented by their MPs that they elected, and the sparsely populated areas (which are usually a lot bigger and fewer in number) get their voice that they elected.

They then elect a prime minister (by party percentage) who represents the country.

>There's no reason the proportion of MPs for London would increase.

That isn't what I meant, I meant that the parties would only have to pander to the big cities in order to get elected. And looking at London now are they really the people who need even more pandering.

I'll have a look at your videos though.

>That isn't what I meant, I meant that the parties would only have to pander to the big cities in order to get elected

They wouldn't though. No more than they do now at least.

Seriously though, look at the videos if you get the chance. Voting systems are a bitch to explain clearly but your man does it very well. Here's the same guy talking about FPTP voting:

youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo

>your man

read everything after that in a paddy accent in my head.

>conveniently leave out the fact that Parliament can make laws whereas the EU Parliament can only veto laws
wew lad

Britain should vote REMAIN. Unelected bankers obviously know better and will protect worker rights™ and mums™ and dads™. It's the only logical thing to do. #logic #listentoexperts #saynotohate

Only West Brits support Brexit lad.

Lets forget that the EU enforces laws upon you which totally ignore whoever the fuck you voted for in the first place.