AGAIN

*NEW*
>designer.ormsbyguitars.com/app/

>ysw-tct.com/tct/default.asp?func=KIJI&kiji=20141229114253.asp

>haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html

>mattsmusic.com/suhrgen/suhrgeneratorindex.html

>strandbergguitars.com/configurator/

>configurator.sandberg-guitars.de/

Also, new subreddit that will never be used by anyone: >reddit.com/r/DesignAGuitar/

Fuck, I can't do anything right

Why are hollowbodies prone to feedback? What's the science behind it?

The perfect pickup combination

my nigga

Only poor choice of color

Rate the guitar I made

It would be good if it was super bright neon yellow

>Also, new subreddit that will never be used by anyone

FUCK OFF TO REDDIT, YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!!, FUCK

volume makes the guitar's body resonate/vibrate which makes the strings vibrate, the pickups pick up that noise an dsend it to the amp and it's a cycle of feedback.

Do you recommend any other subreddits about learning guitar?

All the files are broken, can you reupload them please?

Post your hollow body guitars

6/10

>play guitar
>sniff fingers
>rusty smells

Change your strings.

Someone gifted me an old boss distortion pedal along with an ac adapter. When i pluged it in it worked kinda distorted for a couple of seconds then smoke started coming out of the adapter, i inmediately unpluged everything.

Im pretty sure the voltage of the adapter was right because its 9 volts, but it had this weird polarity symbol (pic related) , and i dont remember how it was when i plugged it in because after that my idiot little brother played with it and changed the setting a lot)

but assuming i connected the pedal with the wrong polarity, is it possible i ruined it?

also in case it wasnt in the wrong polarity, is it possible an old ac adapter just malfunctioned? if so, is the pedal broken?

thanks a lot for replies

>be me
>buying my first pedal
>get home
>fuck i forgot i didn't buy a power supply
>go buy some batteries
>get home
>fuck i don't have another cable
>go buy one
>get home
>connect everything properly and my pedal's light is on, but i get no sound.
>literally got so aggravated i just said fuck it and started playing my acoustic instead.

i just wanted to fucking play, holy fuck now i have to return it and get another one, god fucking damn.

>play guitar
>sniff fingers
>smells really bad
>conclude that i must have a better hygiene and wash hands more often

Make sure it's plugged in properly. Guitar to input, output to amp. Sounds dumb but it happens.

>play guitar
>sniff strings
>smells like butthole

>pedal output connected to guitar

Will anyone ever reach the level of technical skill he had?

is there a nice book with a billion excersises on how to play scales?

like, i know you can do intervals and shit, but id love it if there was a book in which there was an organized set of excersises to learn scales, play it by thirds, fourths, fifths, etc.. different patterns, vertical, on one string, combining all of these.

is there any book like this surely someone has written it

>Please try to keep duplicate topics to a minimum by always searching for an old or active thread before posting a new one. Do not post a continuation of a thread until the bump limit is reached.

i spent like 15 minutes like a faggot trying everything, and still nothing.

any pics of pedal

maybe the pedal is broken

pedal masters please help me with this

i don't have pics, but it's a boss sd1

How was your new teacher

dude, im this guy:
were having problems with the same pedal. maybe itys shit.
maybe we both fucjked up the polarity ont he adapter have you checked that?

he's 1,000 times better than my original one and he's teaching me more funk so I'm probably gonna one day be as funky as Bootsy Collins

Thats good to hear.

i don't use an adapter, im using batteries.

can you run effects pedals through any kind of amp or just big fancy ones?

i have a cheap little modelling amp that i use for practice and i want to try to mess around with some effects

wew lad

Any amp as long as you have a decent clean channel

>finger butt
>play guitar
>doodoo all over my strings

First I'm attempting to recreate his physical appearance, I'm almost there. The way fat displaces the guitar position on your body is much more important than you'd think - it gives you an advantage by kind of making your arms "wing" out a bit for better leverage and fret access. Plus the angled position the guitar sits on your belly gives you a better vantage point to visualize and accomplish your licks. I've put a lot of time and effort into cultivating mass to be able to eventually reach his skills. Growing the beard and long hair is just for radness though, not really for techniques

can you get a nice rock sound from an overdrive pedasal trouhg clean amp??

can you get nice rock sound from just dirty amp like an orange laney or marshal?

should I just go to my local pawnshop and get an amp head and cab?

is it just me or do the mediafire links for jazz guitar not fuckin work

One of the Vox MV50s and a Harley Benton G212 Vintage cab

If they have something you want for a good price.

for bass?

Sure. Why not?

I want an edgy blackened djent machine and I want it now

>djent
>only 7 strings

Djent technically only needs 4 m80

Do you even Djent?

Yeah I do, the problem is most djentfags only know about false djent and don't know what the real thing is

Yes, and yes.

Yes

Dean has solid choices for the extreme performing musician.

How should I learn/practice sweep picking?

Practice one pattern at a time with equal intervals and slow but perfect at first. If it isnt perfect youre not going slow enough. After a week of that muscle memory kicks in and becomes easier.

Really.
Guitarists can sound good using bass amps because of the clean sound.that keeps them from sounding muddy.
Bassists can sound good using guitar amps because the tone stack is voiced higher, which keeps them from overdriving the lower end-and sounding muddy.

>you play with chick corea in a couple months

what do Sup Forums, how do i get gud at jazz bass.

Im already pretty decent, but can you recc me any decent material about making up interesting lines or just playing jazz bass seriously at all?

None of the mediafire links work faggot.

i won't but i could probably run a mile faster than him

I met the drummer. So i know youre lying

You're asking how to play jazz bass and you're about to play with a jazz god? No, no you aren't

Did i really have to get out of bed and show you some decent proof?
But I am.

forgot pic

Can we please not larp in this thread.

>YOU DON'T BELONG HERE
Can't tell if you're being ironic or not, but just in case I've been on Sup Forums for 6 years. I belong here. Reddit is a useful platform, and your ignorant tribalism serves no purpose at all,

I would honestly like to know what you think real djent is

Retarded. A bass will blow out your fucking guitar amp speakers. Do not do this.

You can't produce a 'djent' sound on one string. That's a misinformed meme that comes from babbies who listen to a ton of """""progressive""""" metalcore and think youtubers are a legitimate form of entertainment and information. Really it's a power chord with an extra fifth on top with a choked-up palm mute and super heavy pick attack, that's it. Dummies have appropriated the term and built it into a genre based on some of the other qualities that Meshuggah - the inventors of the djent technique - are known for. The funny part is most of these bands hardly ever actually djent, it's almost all low single-string syncopated riffs with ambient leads and lead wanky shit

Real djent:
youtube.com/watch?v=KLLkM9S7GpY

Poser djent:
youtube.com/watch?v=HqgjfQrMfNY

>goes to get new strings

*BLOCKS YOUR PATH*

>Son let me show you how to really play
*genetic blues pentatonic bending with da blues face*
>yeah son that's how it's played
>haha yeah, so can I get these strings
>SON YOU AIN'T GONNA GET NO SOUL WITH THESE STRINGS
>but...
>NO SON, YOU NEED THESE JIMI HENDRIX CUSTOM STRINGS
>haha, well..
>let me write down some generic blues guitarist that you use to listen to years ago when you were first leaning the guitar
>o-okay..
>is that your guitar?
>yeah it's a..
>Don't look like Gibson or fender to me, son you need to best if you want to be the best, but I guess in the end it's all in the fingers!

Every time.

>t. newfag

Yeah I love going to my local guitar center

Have you ever bought anything from AliExpress guitar related? How was it?

awful

>>literally got so aggravated i just said fuck it and started playing my acoustic instead
this has been me since my amp went a few days ago. money aside i'm not that mad, i love acoustic guitars.

this can't be real

No pictures.
Here's a video though

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EG9l2m7IW4s

Oh it's real.
Go to your local music store.

whats you guys opinion on buying fender clones?
are they actually the same guitars made in the same country just with a different neck?

it seems like if you get one of those used, they go for cheaper with better components than squier/fender stuff

but do they suffer from worse qc? does it actually very from brand to brand even though the guitars all look identical?

Nice, but is the bridge a bit crooked, it looks so in the picture. Also do the plates on the back bother you, because the stick out a bit?

Smoke is never a good sign, I think it means that some resistors were burned, so you probably ruined it. But it should be fixable, try finding someone who knows a bit about electronics to get it fixed or open it and try it yourself, you have nothing to lose now, since it's already broken.

why does my high e go out of tune when I bend it, other than that it's fine, it's almost certainly not the bridge that's doing it

Why don't you just make the exercises yourself, it's easy to find scales on the whole fretboard on google, you just need to decide what do you want to practice then.

The timbres of the E and A strings are so different that it makes it hard to play bass lines to that cross between strings without sounding jarringly off. What should I do?

Try a thicker gauge string

>0:24
>Hey son...whatcha playing?

My dad is not 3 years younger than me lmao.
That's my bass buddy Steven.

Mine

The first parker fly

What am I looking at? iirc it's an ibanez I saw it in a cashies and I'm in the mood for a new guitar.

>I never learned how to play through changes

Varies by company. The old Silvertone strats are generally alright. I'm a big fan of SX strats from Rondo, I got one once that didn't even need a setup(lowered the action maybe a quarter turn on all strings). I got one called "Lotus" once and it sucked. But if you include all brands Scheter and G&L make good strats. QC can vary greatly make sure you order from a trustworthy place woth a good retirn policy. As always if you can try it in person that would be best.

As for knockoffs you need to be careful, if you order a guitar that says Fender but isn't a Fender from overseas and it get's flagged by customs not only can they take the guitar but you probably won't get a refund.

Is it bad that i still have the factory strings on my bass that i bought off the shelf from a year and a half ago?