Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with commercialized garbage now?

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with commercialized garbage now?

because of memes

When The Force Awakens came out Sup Forums literally became /StarWars/, it never recovered. Normies started flocking in wanting to discuss the movie, and they ended up raping Sup Forums culture.

Sup Forums is now 50% normies at least

>muh normies

Go back to twitter, normie

what's the thing in his arm?

TARDIS

I've literally not watched a single fucking episode of Dr. Who and even I know that.

Why didn't Frodo just fly one of the dullest franchises in the history of the galactic republic to the nightclub which was SO cash?

this pasta is great makes me kek every time 10/10

Neck yourself normieshit

Marketers post on Sup Forums. A lot.

Rise of capeshit and Star Wars

As much as I hate the constant Star Wars / capeshit circlejerk on Sup Forums, I'd still take that over the insane female celebrity worship that used to take place here a year or two ago.

Remember the constant "cunny" pedo borderline threads that used to plague this place? The countless feet worshiping image dumps?

Yeah. I'll take a hundred neckbeards discussing the latest Disney product over that.

>le normie boogeyman
Sup Forums was always shit.

>reddit frogman
>muh normies

If I wanted Reddit, I would go there.

Cunny posting? Trash
Celeb gossip posting? Patrician

>now

Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

the distinction is between "shit because of a few autistic people that are easy to ignore" versus "shit because of people spamming out the entire board every hour with shit."

Yes, but now its shit for different reasons. It was shit, but it was OUR shit. Now our culture has been bought and sold. I know exactly how the injuns felt when whitey rolled up on them and said "LOL FUCK YOU STAR WARS IS GUD"

That frog is literally older than reddit and much older than you are, champ

That's what this board is for. The discussion of consumer entertainment products. If you want "art" than this isn't the board or even the medium for you, the fact that its the "film industry" should have tipped you off.

>facebook frogman

Because the board got popular. Just look at how fast it is now. Peak hours threads hit archive in 20 to 30 minutes and during "slow" hours it's 1 hour

Gentlemen we need a great awakening...a renaissance, if you will.

>board claims to hate capeshit and Star Wars
>talks about almost nothing besides capeshit and Star Wars

really gets the noggin joggin

lrn2filter

You're just upset because you don't like star wars. This shit happens all the fucking time. Look at what TDKR fucking did.

>b-but baneposting is kino
No shit. But that's like your opinion man. If you didn't hate star wars this wouldn't be bothering you.

>REEEE STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE

I only like harry potter because they were actually good

How does one filter "entire board being replaced with spam every hour or so?"

no they don't

fucking cringe

Nice did you read that from someone else who read that from someone else saying "Sup Forums was always shit"?

was i right?

>I LOVE shillposting!
>I WANT my board to be Disney's designated shitting street!

>Remember the constant "cunny" pedo borderline threads that used to plague this place?
Yeah, they still do, what's your point?

no

fucking new era shilling us star wars crap that all went on sale

Sup Forums is either Star Wars talk or Star Wars fans discussing entry-level arthouse. there's no winning.