Never saw a trailer creating negative hype, but there you have it. Good one, you senile fuck

Never saw a trailer creating negative hype, but there you have it. Good one, you senile fuck.

It really does look fucking terrible.

If it had Noomi Rapace show up at the end it would've at least come off as something other than an attempt at a remake

Katherine Waterson cant act its embarassing

How do you know he cut the trailer?

I'd rather them remake Prometheus competently than do Prometheus 2 famalama.

That's just retarded

Isn't this movie in the future? Why is she rocking an aug?

>Prometheus had a really fucking stupid segment where the crew took off their environmental protection to interact with alien lifeforms and they got infected
>Alien Covenant has the crew not bothering to wear environmental protection, leading to them getting infected

> What if there was rule 63 Sam Waterston, people would pay to see that right?

>Never saw a trailer creating negative hype

First day here?

Maybe its because I watched Alien 3 for the first time right before watching the new trailer, but it didn't look all that bad. As good as the original and Aliens? No. A alien movie that kinda looks OK for the first time in years? Sure.

It also has a modern day ACOG scope.

They're only scientists, how would they know about hazardous environments?

>It's a Ridley Scott tries to strike lightning in a bottle twice by ripping off his own successful character in both aesthetics and personality

I predict this is going to be worse than the AVP franchise.

Ghostbusters 2016?

Yeah no sweat Ridley. People won't recognize that and will totally believe that's a future weapon.

Why are they remaking Prometheus already?

Great, so If I am looking forward to this and the new blade runner it means people are going to say got to reddit or something?

Eddie Redmayne was a prettier girl than her in Fantastic Beasts.

She was adorable as Richard's sister in Boardwalk Empire.

What do you guys actually want from the series?

It's a prequel to Alien and a sequel to Prometheus, which was also a prequel to Alien.

>Having sex in the shower
>While stranded on a spaceship
>With an alien on the loose
>After said alien bursted out of your friends chest a few hours ago
I hope it's a fucking dream sequence or some shit because wow

i want it to stop

She looked great in babysitters and Inherent vice. She needs long hair however.

She looked the same shitty way in inherent vice

She's ugly and an abysmal actress.

agreed. now we're stuck with ugly dyke haircut

>from the writers of such hit films as "Transcendence" and "Green Lantern"

>implying your average normie recognises military-grade high powered assault weapons.

They're gonna recognize the one that is literally standard issue for their military.

scott is trying his hardest to ensure the alien franchise doesn't go the way of star wars. He's purposefully souring the well because when he pitched an "ancient aliens" movie, fox just heard "ancient alien: the prequel" and basically forced him to make that movie.

Agreed

>Millions of views
>Trailer has overwhelmingly positive rating

You do realise Sup Forums =/= the reel world right OP?

Thanks to CoD normies now have a better idea.

Would pound her so hard they would make a law and order episode "ripped from the headlines" out of it.

You realize the average age of the youtube userbase is 8, right?

No they fucking won't. Most people outside of the USA couldn't even tell you what their military's individual weapon system is, let alone recognise it on-screen.

Besides, that map doesn't show nations that have it as a standard rifle, just ones that use it at all in any capacity, unless the US Army has adopted it and I haven't heard.

youtube votes = the real world? what have I been doing with my life

And Sup Forums's is what? 12?

It's more indicitive of normie hype than Sup Forums threads are.

I was gonna say that it's because it looks futuristic and most people don't know any better to tell you it's modern, but then i remember that pulse rifles are a thing and I don't have an answer, because prometheus took place in 2089 and this one is after prometheus. I don't think anyone will be using augs after 2089, but who knows

>its a ridley scott thinks nobody will recognize acog scope episode
>its a ridley scott failed with everything besides blade runner and alien episode
>its a ridley scott wants to get back to his roots before his dementia kicks in episode

Stupid thing to get upset about. The 1911 pistol is as popular as ever in film and TV despite being a 106 year old design

while the AUG is used by a lot of forces, it the main gun only in a few - the specific variant (Thales F90) is the AUS/NZ one.

But you know what. Prometheus used Benelli M3T and Walther GSP Expert.

Most folks just know Revolver, Glock (perhaps 1911), AR, AK, and everything else.

>before his dementia kicks in

it's already kicked in

Movie is happening in 2103

Not expecting that a firearm made in 2017 will not be used 100 years from now in civilian ownership.

Do you know how many the gun designs we use today in first line military are still old as hell?

1911 - 106 years old
50 cal machine gun - 96 years
Hi-power - about 85 years old
(GPMG) - 75 years old.
M114 155-mm howitzer - 75 years old.
AUG and AR - over 50 years old.

hell, finland still uses rifles that are 127 years old for sniper duty.

TL:DR - Gun designs if they are successful have 100s of years of use, so why wouldn't Civies have a 120 year old design.

Sure, but that's not really relevant. People look at youtube trailers and see millions of views and think it means something. When its really just 8 year olds.

in film, bullpups = the future

also, it isn't unreasonable that the AUG would still be in use in ~100 years. that scope on the other hand...

Looks great, can't wait.

is this your first week on the internet?

that doesn't look like a M-4 to me

Most people here (Ireland) would know AUGs, FALs, Armalites and AKs. Everything else is just "gun"

>YFW the scope is one of the Trijicon bible verse scopes and it is a plot point as she says "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" as she kills the Xeno...

First day on the internet?

>Makes Prometheus

>Bad reaction

>Immediately reverts to remaking Alien

He didn't seem to get that people didn't have a problem with the PREMISE and the technical side of Prometheus. It was just the shitty script and the non-ending/no conclusion to the mystery.

If he did a proper sequel to Prometheus where they went to the Engineer home-world and interacted with the engineers etc and it was WELL WRITTEN people would be fine with it.

People don't want a fucking soft-reboot of Alien. Which he's about to find out when this flops.

She's a hipster who likes retro technology.

Like Meme Lords tape deck in GotG

Come on now. Ghostbusters? Paul? Fucking Ishtar?

>Which he's about to find out when this flops.
Highly doubt it. The fact that its a hard R and not a pussifed sequel like how the other nostalgia cash-in movies means it got the gorefest crowd. Also not to mention that the last real Alien move of AVP2. They need to revive the series. Even Predator got one too.

Where's Noomi rapeface?

We can only hope the other two sequels will touch on the Engineers if this one doesn't screw up the entire thing.