La La Land

Goddamn this was a perfect movie besides that terrible opening number

this is one of those movies that's gonna make me want to kill myself for being a forever alone faggot right

Are you kidding it was terrible

surprisingly no

The opening was the only good song you fucking pleb

That first singing girl had an actual singing voice and was the high point of the film

Emma stone was awful

It's literally terrible shit that only a fucking imbecile and infantile cinema kinographer could stand let alone enjoy

>I need constant explosions to be entertained

Kill yourself.

God almighty the contrarianism is hilarious

You lot are unreal

Dubs confirm Emma Stone was awful.

Also this shilling is insane. You people are cucks

>muh jazz
>muh love story cliches
>muh nagging gf
>muh struggling artist
>muh LA nostalgia
>muh non conventional ending

absolute trash

>Takes place in Los Angeles
>Cast isn't 95% Mexican

Dropped. I can't suspend quite THAT MUCH disbelief.

This is one of the instances where Sup Forums has the high ground

And I for one am somewhat proud, this place is a real shithole Damien chazelle is the new Xavier Dolan , only a bigger hack because he's tricked the mainstream media now

Although I'm glad he didn't choose Miles teller for the leading role, I just wouldn't be able to handle that...

>The opening was the only good song
Generic musical garbage. Maybe I just prefer jazz to whatever that was supposed to be, but I felt uncomfortable watching that scene while the other music was really catchy to me.

Incredibly good movie. Soundtrack and camerawork and just absolutely fantasti.
elt strange about the ending though. It felt like they were avoiding a cliche and standard ending to the romance story but it was strange going like "haha I settled for less and kindo of regret it but whatever lol"

You're a moron.

I liked it. the pool party scene was my favorite and really liked the ending

>I prefer jazz to whatever that was supposed to be

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAA...

Agree on both

These La La Land shill threads really make me ruminate

>the pool party scene was my favorite
I have no idea why, but that scene was just so perfect.

just saw it, holy shit that was moving

>Sup Forums discusses an acclaimed new film
>lol must be shilling xD

no u

T
SAMBA
P
A
S

that's not how you spell tapas

The part where everyone's frozen and then it kicks into the song again when the guy jumps off the roof and into the pool gave me the biggest fucking smile when I saw it. Don't know what it was about it, but I just loved it.

Don't bully redditors that joined Sup Forums in 2015 thanks to star wars7 please

It's worthless pleb fodder, but not only that it's as uninspired and unoriginal as The Force Awakens

Too bad the rest of the songs suck and they stop singing for like and hour in the middle of the movie.

I actually loved every song in the movie, and I didn't mind that they stopped singing for a while in the middle. It made the scenes where they did sing again more impactful.

I bought into the first half an hour or so and the ending was actually great, but that middle hour kinda pissed me off. Nothing really happens for a while, then that cliche fight comes out of nowhere, and you see it coming from a mile away
It was good but not great

Cool you faggot

They stopped singing but there was still music most of the time so w/e
I didn't care for the audition song very much though. I didn't hate it but it seemed just much more shallow and a different tone compared to the rest of the songs.

what is this image meant to convey?

that critics praise trash

Why is moonlight bad? Could you explain in great detail

Niggers. Faggots. Need I say more?

MOTY except for that interracial marriage bullshit

I think I found him
The man who truly hates everything

I actually really dug that middle hour. I swear everyone seems to have gotten something different out of this film.

>minor side character marries a black man
>user still throws a hissyfit

From what I've read on sac and stuff is that darkies hate it because of just that and how it makes thugs into gays

>hating a dozen shit flicks from the last couple years means you hate everything

Enjoy your aids

I don't know why, but that one scene that was all dancing I was thinking, "how is this different from, like, watching transformers fight?" It was completely devoid of emotion because the movie overdosed on style. But that's just my opinion.

>muh oscarbait
Fuck off kid

And how did you get that out of what I said?

great interview with director on npr. made me wanna see it. he had to keep the opening number, but it was one of 3 overtures, so he got rid of credits instead. i like his talk about why musicals work. i think i agree with him. wouldnt you love to see a marvel film where they broke out in song and dance? it would be fun! esp. if the lead singer was expressing a sincere emotion. "when your an avenger your an avenger all the way from your first superpower to your last foot of clay!"