Sherlock

DROPPED after latest episode. Would rather just watch old Jeremy Brett episodes. Anyone in the same boat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R-N-PAsJ9pU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Season one and two were great but three and four are garbage. It all went to shit once the show stop being about The Case and more about Sherlock and Watson and Mary's relationships.

Sherlock was proven to be pure shit ages ago. That last episode just rubbed it into everyone's face.

Brett was best.

Pic related is my close second.

He just has a better understanding of the character. He isn't a tumblr detective. Honorable mention is Ian McKellan.

I'm re-reading some of the ACD canon stories right now in another tab (and inevitably I hear Brett's voice for all of Holmes' dialogue...feels good man)

Brett version is the GOAT adaptation by a longshot but I'm still going to see Sherlock to the end. The creators are being more than sloppy and over the top with their writing as time goes on but I think they do have a definite plan mapped out, and although I wish it was being handled better, I do want to see what their finished product ends up looking like.

Brett is Holmes as far as I'm concerned. Had to watch the blue carbuncle on Christmas Eve to get into the festive spirit.

>liking furry Sherlock

Anyone else like elementary? I think it's the best modern take on Holmes, It's not perfect though but I'll watch it over sherlock.

I'm sure I will watch it one day and appreciate it, but

>female Watson

I'm guilty of liking Holmes for homo reasons so this just won't do

Yeah it's a bit PC. Woman Watson, one of the main characters is black, most of the crimes are committed by middle or upper class white people. But Lucy liu does a good job and is a nice piece of eye candy most of the time.

>There will never be a Brett adaptation of Study in Scarlet
Feels terrible, man of God

Greatest Sherlock coming through.

Is this kino?

Sherlock was shit from day one, Moffat and Gaytiss are shit tier writers and Brett is best.

Also the weeb is right, Furry Sherlock is second best sherlock.

Brett will never be topped. Anyone who has seen his Holmes knows this.

What's this from?

The last episode was a necessary evil. The writers finally realized they need to kill Mary. Apparently they had to build it up in a ridiculous way. But now they can finally focus back on the Sherlock and Watson stories I wonder how they will fuck this up. Probably with 2 filler episodes about Watson's grief and Sherlocks lack of empathy.

Der Wixxer, a german parody of Sherlock and some other old gems which is pretty well done. I doubt it's available in anything but german though and it's hard to translate most of the jokes.

This guy knows. That wedding episode was the smuggest episode of the series. Complete garbage.

Might have a look see if any of my GCSE level German is still kicking around in my brain.

It wasn't good, but I'll probably keep watching anyway. They make 3 new episodes every 5 years. It isn't exactly a massive time sink for me.

Brett is the best

Downey Jr movies are underrated imo, they arent authentic even slightly but at least they arent fucking smug like Moffatlock

I enjoyed the first two seasons a lot but even towards the end of S2 the cracks were starting to show. Moriarty and Sherlock went from just being uber devious uber smart people to having magic powers

Has anyone got the sherlock copypasta? Always good for a laugh.

Elementary is the better modern take.

Darryl Zero is the GOAT Holmes

What do you mean? Is there a new series? The Brett series had insane direction and cinematography, it's literally Twin Peaks-like in some aspects.

Everyone seems to forget about these classics.

No love for Basil Rathbone? He's no Jeremy Brett and those propaganda flicks he made during the war are ridiculous, but he's a better Holmes than Bummerdick Cuminherbum

youtube.com/watch?v=R-N-PAsJ9pU

Ruining one of literatures great male friendships instantly puts it out of the running.

They have the same friendship, except one is a female. Don't be silly.

This, I really like the Downey Jr movies. A bit too superhero-y but the fight sequences are great (especially the one with moriarty) and the casting and production design are both superb.

Can't wait for the next one, they've said they're going back to old-school Holmes mystery. I'd kill for a TV show but it'll never happen.

>Guy Ritchie invites him to cameo in his movie
>Livanov refuses
>Guy asks him to at least have dinner together
>he tells him to fuck off

>They have the same friendship, except one is a female
>the same friendship
Literally impossible

Typical normie thinking that a man and woman can't be friends because of what they saw on Friends.