Does the american dream still exist?

Does the american dream still exist?

Yeh

nope. it died when we elected trump

Only for second generation immigrants

it seems what's changed is mostly only computer nerds can realize it nowadays

Dx

Of course it exists. It exists in the same way it always did - as a delusional fantasy to flatter the conceited.

Dreams don't die. People do.

smart nippon sama

Yes, but chinks are trying to make it their dream.

Only in one aspect. Free Enterprise; this is the only thing that still makes the US a great place. The real American dream died in the late 1960s with the combination of the civil rights act of 1965 fucking up the US through immigration, plus Vietnam fucking up our national zeitgeist.

you have to be asleep to dream

The civil rights act of 1965 didn't change anything about immigration. That was the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.

I wish we could deport retards like you desu

We will make America great again

----from our lovely Trump

yeah the difference between america and europe is a landscaper makes shit in america, while in europe they get nice benefits and it's like a government job in usa, but the landscaping company owner can make 200-300k a year if he manages well in USA

USA is great for entrepreneurship, look at Elon musk...

But if you want your cushy job, you better work for government in USA or get fucked.

Yes but the amendments "Wife divorces you" and "Move to Thailand" were added.

dude canada (ontario) is 100% times worse for that...

My dad's salesmen had a live in girlfriend for like 5 years, and then they broke up...
The salesman had to pay her alimony, they were not even married.

There was also an indian landlord, who rented to some muslim people, the indian didn't take his shoes off when he showed the property to a potential tenant...
Muslim sued and got about $20,000, for "violating his religious rights".

no, the boomers had to be cockgobbling cumguzzlers

>implying it ever existed

It's called common law marriage and exists in most US States too. You don't actually have to see a priest or justice of the peace to be married.
Either the shoes story is bullshit or there are more details.

>most US states
Only Colorado, Montana, and Texas recognize it.

>he doesn't daydream

It's actually D.C., Colorado,Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Texas, andUtah.
It used to be all but 13 states but apparently many have dropped it over time.
It's common practise in Canada. Probably around 25% of all marriages are common law, more in my area.

Most of the ones you listed are for marriages created before a certain date or only for inheritance purposes. Only Colorado, Montana, and Texas provide comparable recognition to both putative and common-law marriage.

t. Law Student

I stand corrected then sorry, either way, the idea of successfully suing a long term live in partner for alimony, is not unique to Ontario.
From a human rights stand point it also makes sense.

it died in 1965 with niggers

For the shitskins that come here sure.

no, fuck off we're full

No

The american dream is a meme made to make people outside the US feel jealous of people living in there, while in reality it's just a nigger + spic shithole.

The dream is stronger than ever and it's universal and applies to everyone not just America.
You can achieve anything if you really want to.

The basis of the American dream is economic mobility. One study of 8 countries (Canada, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, the UK USA) found that Americans had the highest economic inequality and lowest economic mobility.

>mexico
now try typing that without crying

The dream was that a man could raise himself and his family from poverty to successful middle class with honest work. Not a case anymore.

>while in reality it's just a nigger + spic shithole.
if it is a hellhole ,why do mexicans want to live there ?

anyways i prefer my cunt

Wtf? I always thought the american dream was to get turbo rich, successful, famous and powerful through hard work.
"Get a family and live as a slave happily until you die in your wooden house"
What kind of wiener dream is that?

it's never fucking existed

but still the idea was great

religious freedom? To be honest it probably died when we flipped out about the Mormons being polygamists