isn't anything

Yes there is two albums posted

Daydream Nation

Loveless
could never get into Sonic Youth for some reason
they always seemed too boring and wanky

loveless

Daydream Nation.

Loveless. Is this even supposed to be a challenge? Hell, I'd pick Darklands before Boredream Nation

why are sonic youth called noise rock?

Loveless, only because I always feel the urge to skip Kissability.

siamese dream

> (OP)
this

Both 10/10 for me but I'll choose Daydream Nation today.

Teenage Riot: the album

Daydream Nation
Both are in my top 10

Not even a top 5 song on the album

Daydream nation not a contest

Daydream Nation
youtube.com/watch?v=B4-BOinfDKk

psychocandy. fuck your poofy picks

Do there exist any flowcharts for a brainlet to get into Sonic Youth? I'd imagine Joy Division and LCD Soundsystem, and maybe Throbbing Gristle? I've been stuck in a loop of emo and shoegaze and I want to break free, because I have trouble enjoying other genres.

Loveless, but I'd rather listen to DN nowadays since I've listened to Loveless so many times it's embedded into my brain stem.

>flowcharts
start from the beginning like you would with any other band. some of their gems are in the beginning of their career like Confusion Is Sex and Bad Moon Rising

if you're trying to find influences to start with before getting into SY, you can't do better then Velvet Underground. Glenn Branca is also worth a try if you want to hear the stylistic influences on the guitar playing that pops up sometimes. never understood the appeal of flowcharts, just listen to the band and don't force yourself to like it if you don't like it.

youtu.be/N_S8hPeFdGs

youtu.be/F8LYpyXerDg