Is this the most emotionally honest album of all time?

Is this the most emotionally honest album of all time?

>implying you didnt have a Molly Connolly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQClGsN68Zk
ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442813
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this Sup Forumscore?
Honestly, it should be.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEN I

WATCH YOU

I honestly like In Defense of the genre more than that one

Shame its the only good Say Anything album. Impossible to top though to be fair.

THAT BOYS GOT WOOEEEE

WOOOEEEEEEEEEEE

PLEASE TAKE ME OUT OF MY BODY UP THROUGH THE PALM TREEES

absolutely not but it's still very enjoyable and one of the few good emo pop albums from the hot topic era

i'm genuinely curious: why? what do you think it does better?

youtube.com/watch?v=tQClGsN68Zk
>implying you didn't stay up all night watching Max mtv vids instead of sleeping for school in the morning

what is the most emotionally honest album?

I WONT LET THEM TAKE YOU

no idea, fair question tho

best modern emo album

Admit it will always be relevant and is probably even more relevant now especially to this board and other similar parts of the internet. there aren't really any other songs that illustrate the ideas expressed in this song as well as it does. I know its tha nature of the song/genre to be straightforward and confessional but i still think its notable

2004 max bemis should be the king of Sup Forums honestly 10/10 album he took the genre to its limits and wrote his magnum opus when he was like 20 years old. an actual moment of genius

idk, maybe i think it's more variated and more fun to listen it
Also had some good collabs on it like my waifu Hayley on the Church Channel

Fuck early to mid 2000s emo was absolute kino

Brand New, Say Anything, Elliott, Taking Back Sunday

>best modern emo album
not fast, so

Thats not The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me

this

this honestly

is a real boy stands alone. these two can't even be compared to it. its completely timeless. neither of those albums are even as close to as relevant as is a real boy is right now. taking back sunday is pure nostalgia. the devil and god is pretty good but like I said really can't be compared to is a real boy it doesn't even come close to touching it

You put Cute Without The E on next to Degausser and you tell me which one rocks the most you filthy proles

Max fans have wayyy too big of a hard on for him, he is like the king of self insert core. whatever blows your hair back, user.

>brand new being good at all

jesse lacey literally admitted that he was trying to fuck underage girls while writing this stuff, it's essentially pedo music

I will admit Cute without the E is an absolute Kino song and I never get tired of it, but as a whole TDAG is more well rounded.

>implying you wouldnt

D&G just appeals more the demons screaming inside my head. But Is A Real Boy is an extremely underrated classic of epic proportions

just gonna leave this here for you plebs

Admit it!

Despite your pseudo-bohemian appearance
And vaguely leftist doctrine of beliefs
You know nothing about art or sex
That you couldn’t read in any trendy New York underground fashion magazine
Prototypical non-conformist
You are a vacuous soldier of the thrift store Gestapo
You adhere to a set of standards and tastes
That appear to be determined by an unseen panel of hipster judges (bullshit)
Giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to incoming and outgoing trends and styles of music and art
Go analog baby, you’re so post-modern
You’re diving face forward into a antiquated past
It’s disgusting, it's offensive, don’t stick your nose up at me

You spend your time sitting in circles with your friends
Pontificating to each other
Forever competing for that one moment of self-aggrandizing glory
In which you hog the intellectual spotlight
Holding dominion over the entire shallow pointless conversation
Oh, we’re not worthy
When you walk by a group of quote-unquote normal people
You chuckle to yourself patting yourself on the back as you scoff
It's the same superiority complex
Shared by the high school jocks who made your life a living hell
And makes you a slave to the competitive capitalist dogma
You spend every moment of your waking life bitching about

Well let me tell you this, I am shamelessly self-involved
I spend hours in front of the mirror, making my hair elegantly disheveled
I worry about how this album will sell
Because I believe it will determine the amount of sex I will have in the future
I self medicate with drugs and alcohol to treat my extreme social anxiety

You are a faker (admit it)
You are a fraud (admit it)
Yeah, you’re living a lie (hey) living a lie (hey) you’re life is living a lie
You don’t impress me (admit it)
You don’t intimidate me (admit it)
Why don’t you bow down, get on the ground, walk this fucking plank (yeah!)

>still running with this meme

>implying Jesse Lacey, Adam Lazzara, and Max Bemis didn't all fuck a couple 16 yr old band hoes

I only like is a real boy. idk what self insert core is. if youre saying hes self involved of course he is its a major tent pole of the album

Yeah dude #MeToo and #TimesUp too xd

sorry this miss mash of cliches and one hell of an incorrectly used thesaurus does nothing for me.

Imagine having this logic...
>band singer might have done something bad so the music is bad
Just neck yourself already so society can stop hearing your screeching.

self insert means Max writes horribly vapid, self hating drivel that parades itself around as art and talent and only people truly without talent or taste feel superior and "insert" themselves into Max's mentality

>only people who are untalented like say anything

how is this any different than how brand new fans listen to d&g

the entire em genre is cliche. do you seriously listen to the devil and god and not think its cliche?

But it's not cliche...

explain

>we all have evil inside of us and have the potential to do bad things
>holy shit what do i do
astounding

look grugnuts, can I call you grugnuts? if your only defense to any criticism is to start pointing fingers and say "but they do it too!" is not only weak, but shows your lack of originality in thought, hence why you suck Max dick and use him as a shield. He is mediocore through and through. Deal with it

K, well by that logic, everything is cliche.
Every idea has been stated before.
Obviously, the reason this album remained god-tier is because it presented its themes in a unique and compelling way.

my point is that your criticisms of max are just tent poles of the emo genre you retard. your criticisms are that its cliche and that max is a pedant and that his fans are "untalented. super original thinking my dude. strong ass arguments

>Every idea has been stated before.
not true
>
Obviously, the reason this album remained god-tier is because it presented its themes in a unique and compelling way.
how

there are no other songs like admit it. obviously the ideas have been expressed before, you're the one calling it cliche

>strong ass arguments
thank you. hope I ruined your afternoon

It is absolutely true.
Every idea has been stated before.

not true at all
example: gettier problem. its unlikely that that will be the last time an original idea was expressed

I love this album but Wow I can get sexual too is the most awful song in existence

Sorry, nothing is new, mate.

A Crow Looked At Me

One thing I always fucking hated about this style of music is the enunciating. Some groups did it worse than others. Say Anything was definitely the worst.

would love an example . also would love to hear how the gettier problem had been expressed before

You would love an example of how nothing is new? How is that possible.

ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442813

12 years later, who was in the right?

so you're saying that the gettier problem had been expressed in at the very least similar terms by someone else before gettier? yes or no

Yes. I don't know what the gettier problem is, but yes. There are no new or original ideas.

we have a next level brain genius here

go read about the gettier problem and get informed before you start spewing complete pseudo intellectual bullshit