Mute

New images released for Duncan Jones' cyberpunk noir, and THANKS BASED DUNCAN

I've been following this for a while, and between this, Ghost In The Shell, and Blade Runner 2049 I'm so fucking happy Cyberpunk is making a comeback.

He needs a hit after getting fucking ravaged by Warcraft, which is why I'm concerned it's a Netflix original.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is all we got so far.

after warcraft I really can't get hyped for his shit anymore

>after warcraft I really can't get hyped for his shit anymore

this.

he was a very promising director, and Source Code is one of the best sci-fi stories, but

something happens to you after you make a movie like Warcraft.

(see Nolan: super promising director, makes batman, becomes shit)

Looks like another boring nostalgia trip. What are they contributing to the established cyberpunk visuals here? They're just repeating stuff that 30 years old.

Where does the "punk" come from in the cyberpunk aesthetic. It doesn't really look like it's taking much from the punk one unless I'm an idiot.

>doood neon lights in a city

>so cyberpunx xD

If you have to ask, you havnt seen enough punk or cyberpunk to make a connection

Trying so hard to be Blade Runner.

Why can't modern sci fi invent its own look?

I haven't seen much cyberpunk. Thats why I was asking friendo.

Punk is supposed to come from a rebellion against the establishment.

Blade Runner, the replicants that Deckard hunts down are really the punks. Mr. Robot (which I firmly hold is a modern day cyberpunk), you have Fsociety (it's right there in the name). In Neuromancer, Case is the punk.

Cyberpunk tends to show that the establishment is fucking everything up by making everything grimy and disgusting, offset by the neon lights and high-tech nature of everything. I don't remember where the phrase "High-Tech, Low-Life" came from but that describes it perfectly.

When they try they get Apple Future looks, all white walls and clean polished surfaces. Everything's minimalist and shit.

This is why I dig cyberpunk: it feels used up, broken down, it's society now. Apple Future feels like they're trying to sell you something.

lol nigg swag. my cyberpunk diaper broke down and smells like doo doo now. smells like shit. bur s my anus. burs. i love god king swG. blade runner sexy body.

Are you okay

Do you need some water

Except Nolan only directed 3 movies before Batman and only one of those 3 was any good.

Fallen Angels and Chungking Express are the patrician cyberpunkinos

A good middle ground would be everything minimalist and sleek but also grimy and dilapidated because nobody can afford the most up to date iWall.

Thanks. That make a lot of sense actually.

no just a new diaper. need to change my cyberpunk diaper. i shit myself and it broke down, blade runner turtle. you find a cyberpunk autist in the desert in need of a diaper change. you dont change his diaper. why?

>Cyberpunk is making a comeback

>Spiritual sequel to Moon
>Sam Rockwell will be playing the character that Sam Bell was cloned from.

Sold.

Thiua movie ia happening? I didnt realize they had even started filming. I figured it got canned after he fucked up Warcraft so badly.

Any idea of when it might be done?

2046 and his short film/ad Only One Sun show he's got potential to make scifi, it would really be cyberpunkkino if he allowed himself to be a bit more aggressive and gritty.

>Cyber punk Noir
>Cast Paul fucking Rudd

warcraft was awful but moon is one of my favorites

Computer load up Cyber tayne.

Or a sharp juxtaposition where everyone is using VR goggles to see the iFuture but in reality everything looks like shit.

member the eighties?

>yfw you realize cyberpunk existed before and during the 80's.

How about an interview with Mike f*cking Pondsmith ?

youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

HURRY UP MIKE AND RELEASE THE GAME

Cyberpunk is to traditional SF (like Larry Niven) as Punk is to 60s Rock and Roll.

traditional SF hero: engineer, scientist, astronaut/explorer

cyberpunk hero: drug addicted criminal

see where it's going?

Have people kept reminding Mike he has a sexy voice and needs to voice an NPC in the game?

I'm 100% certain he know hes has a decent voice and will probably voice an important npc.

In the alpha version : Should be the voice of Arnold speaking in your head.

I also heard Joe Cornish was doing Snow Crash. I wish he'd go back on the radio with Adam but I'm glad he's doing something, Attack the Block was ages ago

Is this movie a comedy?

So the warcraft isn't happening in guessing

It wasnt the beginning after all it was the end