Have you ever been watching a foreign TV show and thought "are these people even the same species as me" because of...

Have you ever been watching a foreign TV show and thought "are these people even the same species as me" because of their different manuerisms, accent and behaviour? I'm watching this French TV show and I swear that they are from another planet. Even English people seem to act differently from people over here.

Also, wtf is with Europeans treating other Europeans like distant foreigners? I wouldn't even see a southern American as a foreigner. They could be from French-speaking Louisiana or Spanish-speaking Puerto Rico and I wouldn't consider them a foreigner. Even Mexicans and Latin Americans just seem to fit in when they come here. But yet this French guy is treating this British lady like she's from the opposite side of the world.

I even once met a German lady who told me I acted "very American" (kind of insulting) but I think that proves that Europeans feel the same way about us being different.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_television_series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We have nothing to do with Angl*s

>French TV show
does that even exist

>considering TV shows as an accurate representation of real life

Hold up, are you saying there are aliens in the US like they show on the X files?!

there are no aliens in the us

That's odd because I consider anyone from west of Québec to be foreign. Why are you """people""" so odd?

Wasn't made in France, was filmed in France.

Was a reality show. Not a drama.

I'm not west of Quebec. I'm a Maritimer. BC feels like a friendly neighbour not a province on the other side of the country

>thinks reality shows are "real"
It's scripted.

don't lie to us yank

>he considers reality shows as actual representation of an entire people
are you retarded?

even I get shocked at the sheer stupidity in french """reality""" shows

Also a Maritimer and I couldn't disagree more. Are you in Halifax?

>wtf is with Europeans treating other Europeans like distant foreigners
Because some of them are? Southern Europe is completely different world compared to Scandinavia. Virtually nothing is the same. Not just the climate, but the way people interact is strikingly dissimilar.

The French aren't even human

That wasn't the point. They were in Paris. There were people in the background who confronted the camera man. I genuinely feel like all French people are mafia bosses by the way they talk and act. Always willing to confront someone and pick a fight.

Pretty sure the climate and culture of southern and northeastern US is very different too but they still consider themselves the same people and not foreigners.

I was in France for a week back in the 90's and I loved the little bit of TV I watched there. I don't remember details but it was just so absurd.

I don't think it's possible to understand just how different their culture is to ours without having experienced it yourself. The US share a much larger cultural base and mostly speak the same language.

No I live in Cape Breton

>Watching french tv
you deserve it
>Also, wtf is with Europeans treating other Europeans like distant foreigners?
They are

You're welcome Nigel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_television_series

Are you the one that hates the Maritimes and wants to leave?