Who wins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TTB5t_4Nlc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vader.

Obi Wan

Who killed who? Guess I win.

Dobby

i read three and a half harry potter books and saw the first two films so i don't know what dumbledore is like later in the series but gandalf would btfo of early series dumbledore. what crazy shit does the cunt actually do besides rig everything for gryffindor?

the world: manchild op never reproduces

Gandalf
>can light his walking stick
>gets rekt by one of Sauronman's dementors, who later gets murdered by an unskilled woman

Dumbledore
>goes toe-to-toe with the most evil dark wizard of all time
>Summons zombie-eating fire dragons even though he is close to death

Gee, I wonder.

Hmm... So either a literal demi-god or some old fuck who got killed by some green smoke.

>literal demi-god
>literally assraped by Saurons lackey

Is the Balrog just a green smoke in the books?

The Wizard would wreck them all.

Neither will win because both are in two of the dullest franchises..........

>a-at least the books were good
"No! "

DULLEST
ULLESTD
LLESTDU
LESTDUL
ESTDULL
STDULLE
TDULLES

Harry Potter

Harry Potter is the better franchise, mainly due to Tolkiens glaring plotholes, but who would win between Dumbledore and Gandalf?

Gandalf
>killed a fallen angel at his weakest after fighting him for who knows how many days restlessly
>fought the Nine and burned Weathertop
>caused a hall in the mines of Moria to collapse
>went into the lair of Sauron at Dol Guldur alone and walked out alive after Sauron ran away from him
>BTFO Saruman from Theoden's mind
>BTFO Saruman with a single word at Isengard
>didn't give a fuck about Witch-King at the gates of Minas Tirith
Dumbledore
>is a faggot

gee, I wonder

>inb4 dullest franchise

"No"

my cancer just got cancer

Harry Potter is such a shitty entry level hipster series.

Gandalf
>literally assrekt and only saved by deus ex machina

>In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face. All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.
"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"

kek, the Nazgul later threatened him and ran away because the horn of Rohan sounded in the distance

>s-see you later Wizard, th-the horsemen are more important!

Fool. Obi Wan just became more powerful.

AHAHAHAHAHAAH

I don't remember Gandalf being such a giant pussy.

movies don't portray dumbledore as the bad ass that he really is; they do the opposite and try to make him look like a weak old man.

in the books you see the backstory of how he defeated the most evil wizard of the time, who had the elder wand, single handedly. then in 5 he comes to the ministry, walks in on the fight between the order and the death eaters and pretty much shut things down as soon as he enters the room. then he faces off with voldemort and continuously walks at him, shrugging off all his attacks and mocking him.

not saying dumbledore would win but he is a lot stronger than you think

this guy

no matter which one we are talking about

see

kid

Maybe the character who isn't part of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

:0

>a ghost
>powerful

Harry Potter is a lot better written than lotr though.