Check it out US Army is getting stormtrooper outfits

Check it out US Army is getting stormtrooper outfits.

army-technology.com/features/featuremilitary-exoskeletons-uncovered-ironman-suits-a-concrete-possibility/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc
youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
youtube.com/watch?v=-UpxsrlLbpU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cool if it works flawlessly.

will this help you win against farmers with outdated weapons and sandpeople?

we need a cool helmet to go along with the suit

>stormtrooper
more like X - C O M

this is what wins wars against farmers

coming in ten years

this one looks good

>US army
>X - COM
Better be careful then, those illegal aliens can be pretty dangerous!

god dammit carlos
build wall!

No.

It will help us literally grind them to dust under the iron shod boots of progress.

Bow to the American Hegemony, german friend. You had your chance german friend, but your obsession with the brown masses has doomed you. Step aside for the true inheritors of the stars.

Ave Imperator Trump. Per Ardua ad Astra.

We did better than any foreigncuck nation woukd have done

Cool, but I'm still waiting on mechs.

This is a concept for Lockheed making a HULC (Human Utility Load Carrier).

Based around the Juggernaut suit used by bob squads. Should be the first power armor

>be 2030
>Juggernaut Units
>crashing through walls
>like Kool-Aid man
>ooooooooooooyeah!

Well at least they are honest about their target acquisition now

here

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc
We can finaly do our part?

I wondered when US cops were going to get the shit French riot cops have on that makes them look like cool robots, but i doubt it works.

I wonder which Jew is becoming a billionaire on this one...

Won't happen anytime soon, if ever. They are still trying to transition most of the Army to M4A1s, which started in 2014 and isn't expected to be finished until 2019. My unit just got them about 3 months ago.

It'll be even longer before they not only finish this project, but then also cost it out to manufacturers, approve it, let it get into a test units hands, find out that it doesn't fucking work as intended because they went with the lowest cost solution, and send it back to the drawing board for another 5 years then try again.

Military acquisitions is fucking retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Why is that army guy fat.

WANT

>Army to M4A1s

man i remember when the M3A1 ACOGs hit the scene in 2006

I was like "whats this shit?, gimme my iron sights back!"

doesnt PT erryday

That guy is probably a "medium" at best in american sizes.

LIVE FREE IN THE NC

they were talking about something called "The Land Warrior" system even before 9/11 that would revolutionize the infantry.

Some Jew got rich and nothing happened.

you cheeky bastard

He's American

Spess Marines

>NC firing wildly at random and at team mates
>Vanu doing absolutely nothing.
Insanely accurate picture.

Shitty, stupid, liability. The skinnies kill better wearing rags and sandals.

This is retarded. Unless your light infantry, such a system is not required.

I can see this being used for logistics and nothing else.

Pffffff Rolf

I want one

Probably just the way the pads are situated. I doubt they'd fit an overweight guy for armor

will it work like a stillsuit???

4-9INF used Land Warrior in Iraq and it was proven to be fairly successful. They opted to continue funding the program in 2011. It's just a small part of the long term modernization project the Army is slowly pushing, long term being the 2030s they expect this stuff to be rolled out.

Can someone please explain why military gear always ends up looking as shitty as possible?

Is it really that impossible to fashion it to look admirable without sacrificing performance?

gotta drink the pee pee

Imagine How the nazis would make them lol

Function over form.

That said, the 6th principle of patrolling is to look cool while you do it.

Looks like combat armor from fallout

Cause what they do isn't admirable.

MC2002.

damn, 343 even fucked the armour up
the spartan armour now looks pathetic

Whats the point of this? I mean unless its completely bulletproof or something i dont see it having practical use in modern day warfare

Gay.

This one is way cooler.

Will they expand 2A rights to cover weapons that will put holes in this?

>Spartan

Pretty sure that's a ODST m8

>30 January 2012

>literally unsc armor

We space muhreens now

We even have a Zealous enemy that wants to purge us as well :^)

I don't know, the Rhodies did a lot better man for man.

Also the UK did pretty well in the Malayan Emergency.

>[muffled laughter]

their marines, but i was talking about this

need one of these too

>their instead of they're

fuck im dumb

Going to be a lot harder to draw dicks on things while wearing that getup.

Oh that, yea... from a militaristic function stand point it does look pretty retarded.

My dad enlisted in 1982 and said they've been promising this kind of shit forever. They even pitched it to me when I enlisted in 2002.

Nah those are just the marines that do fucking nothing

This preparation for something bigger and smarter. Yeah, that enemy comes from the sky.

I was talking about the one with the ODST helmet, at least he looks like a ODST.

Do you think they will kill for sport or for resources?

What's the point of the pockets?

You wouldn't have the dexterity to us them

Got to take the design from the best

T51b When?

So what advantage does putting a water-filled human inside this thing offer over it being fully autonomous?

You had one job Army, one job. And you went weeaboo Tau instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=-UpxsrlLbpU

It's due to incompetence.

The american military industry is basically just a giant scam leeching money from taxpayers and giving back barely functional crap in return.

please dont do this

Halo dildo armor is not armor

Nah, thats a marine from reach in space armour

>Where ever I go, I must mini nuke it

Because AI isn't anywhere near that good yet, and it will always be cheaper to train a human operator than design an AI that's able to handle complex battlefield situations.

A VR interface might be an alternative though, kinda like drones.

I think it will end up being a misunderstanding, or when we try to outsmart them during the contact dialogue.

Well for one thing, water filled humans are real.

Animal instincts that survived the Serpent's tongue.

You can tell it's not power armor because the armor doesn't have any supporting exoskeleton. It's a pajama suit with football pads on top.

My mistake, been forever since I played Reach

>outsmart them with dialogue

Is this why we keep the Jews around by chance?

The fact that advanced AI doesn't exist, maybe?

I want it to put its LOAD in me!

It's like you're a walking tank

Autonomous as in it drives itself and makes its own decisions? If so, because that kind of AI doesn't really exist yet in a practical form. Also a robit that can think on its feet is going to have some pretty complex and delicate computers and gyroscopes that will require constant maintenance in harsh environments. I can only imagine the kind of hell that desert environments would play with cooling fans and temperature management for example, humans cope better with temperature extremes than delicate computers and when they get overheated they just need some water and rest, they don't catch on fire.

Suuure your not a Ghost m8?

machines are easier to trick

at least until we get strong AI

mecha will predate Stong AI

we live in great times.

>and it will always be cheaper to train a human operator than design an AI that's able to handle complex battlefield situations.

That is such an incredibly stupid and short-sighted statement, holy shit. You sound like some moron saying heavier than air flight is impossible.

It lets the meatbag carry more pointless crap he doesn't need without slowing him down or breaking his knees.

And the military LOVES giving soldiers more pointless crap to carry.

we future now

>Mecha
Will never be used in warfare, too tall, can't carry enough armor, can't outrun tracks or wheels, will require significantly more maintenance to keep functional, and has greater potential to fail due to significantly greater complexity.

>square cube law

Enjoy wasting gorillions on development and maintenance of ultimately flawed systems that offer barely any pros over cons

Remote operated drones are the next step in warfare

This is a picture from deviant art, not a Lockheed Martin concept. Don't bullshit me, burger.

Hang on, is that a power cable running under the chestplate? Hooked up to an out-of-shot generator?

If so, then nothing to see here. As always, the thing holding back practical power armour is the power source. All the other components have been available for decades.

We wouldn't lie to you Ivan :^)

fuck off Carlos

>tfw you will most likely be slaughtered in the "alien" invasion in one of these suits

Nuclear powered batteries is what we need

It may help when the sand people go ape nuts in your country and US troops are called in, while you're face down and abdul is pouding your ass bloody, so be nice Hanz.