What is the saddest NFL picture?

What is the saddest NFL picture?

Who is this loser?

This one always stuck with me.

There's a much better photo of Tittle with his head hung down on the bench from that same game. I'll try and find it.

Here we go. It's this one.

Y. A. Tittle, quarterback of the Niners and Giants. He played for some twenty years and his goal was always a championship. That game he got absolutely broken (broken sternum, ribs, concussion) by a tackle and lost his chance to ever win a championship.

This made me rage desu and I'm neither a Cowshits fan or a huge cuckegg fan

No one cares.

damn how can u do tony like that... baka

Poor Boomer never gets a break

My father has the picture of Tittle with his head hung hanging up in his house. When I talked with him about it he says it holds a lot of meaning for him because it feels like it encapsulates what "The end" is like for all players, even great ones.

Almost no player gets a storybook ending to their career (Jerome Bettis and John Elway perhaps being the one exceptions). They just fade away like old soldiers and they give it 100% their whole careers until they're either broken or there's nothing left that they can give.

As a lot of the players I grew up watching start to retire, I start to understand. The lasting image I have of Tony Romo is seeing him doubled over in pain against the Seahawks and the press conference where he concedes his starting job to Dak Prescott. Peyton Manning got the glory in his final game but was a shell of himself and got benched in his final season. Steve Smith came back for another season because he didn't want his last memory to be a torn Achilles, but he still didn't win anything. It's like watching a pet grow old until it can't go on.

Nice blog, fat fuck. Go lose some weight.

Boomer's pretty funny about it.

I think he phrased it once like "I go to speaking engagements and Joe Montana goes to speaking engagements. I get paid $2,500 and he gets paid $25,000"

>Hughes collapsed near Bears linebacker Dick Butkus, who saw him begin to convulse violently on the field. Butkus motioned to the sideline frantically to get Hughes assistance.

>Both teams' doctors and trainers, along with a physician who happened to be attending the game, ran to Hughes to try and save him. An ambulance was called for and arrived to take Hughes to Henry Ford Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5:34 pm that afternoon. He was 28 years old.

I don't even like the cowboys, but what the actual fuck?

nice standard of living, favela monkey. go beg for some food

I heard a rumor once that Lawrence Taylor was mic'd up for the Joe Theismann hit and when he heard his leg break Taylor started screaming hysterically "OH SHIT!!! OH MY FUCKING GOD, I KILLED HIM!"

Is that true?

Romo accomplished nothing.. why the confusion desu

The NFL Films bit of footage where Dan Marino looks back at the 49ers celebrating after losing Super Bowl XIX is pretty striking

I don't need to eat margarine on a spoon like you do every five minutes, obese fuck. Go lose some weight so maybe you can have sex atleast once in your life. Also, don't reply to me, I don't regard fatties as people.

No one is mentioning Marino. Tragic

Yea. Supposedly he was crying because he thought he had snapped his neck at first

>As a lot of the players I grew up watching start to retire, I start to understand.

I know this feel. Shit even seeing the shell of Peterson this year on the Saints is going to feel strange. Football players other than QB's flame out so quickly, it's sad.

I never asked for these feels

Peterson on the Saints is gonna be like OJ on 49ers, Jim Brown on the Raiders

Cam Newton after Super Bowl 50 is a really interesting one. I know most people see "Haha, what a crybaby", but I personally see a man stripped of his hubris and in a complete state of shock that this happened to him.

Cris Carter being so distraught that he had to be carried off the field after the 1998 NFC Championship loss is another one. You experience that feeling that you're never going to win anything and all the energy in your body just leaves you. Your mind goes into the same state it does when someone dies.

Jerry Rice on the Seahawks,Isaac Bruce on the 49ers, Torry Holt on the Jags, etc

It's really a crime that Vikings team didn't at least make the Super Bowl that year against Denver. Atlanta is good for nothing..

They would have blown it somehow. They're the Vikings.

I think the most sadness comes when you project yourself into the position of the veteran (Especially the ones from small markets) who go to the Super Bowl and lose. The young guys rationalize and say to themselves "It's okay, I'll get plenty of other chances" and the veterans go "No I won't, no I won't". When I think about John Babineaux and Matt Bryant after this year's Super Bowl, I just feel shitty.

And then on the flipside some useless shithead like Osweiler has a ring and got an absurd contract on top of it. There's no justice in handegg. This is why the "muh rings" argument just doesn't work in this sport for the most part.

Not football, but touching on some of the things in this thread. You see a lot of soul crushing In the NHL. One player that really stands out in my mind is Henrik Lundqvist. As much as I don't like the guy and as much as I hate to admit it, he's a great goalie and has been for years. I've watched this guy work so hard for his team and get so close to winning a cup but never actually getting one. Watching him break down on the ice after losing in the playoffs really gets to me. I feel bad for the guy. He's probably going to be one of the greats that never wins a cup.

he's the only reason I support(ed) rags

>rags

lol brazil.
meme

Stop polluting the thread with non football posts, faggots

The list is even longer now.

That pisses me off and I fucking hate the Cowboys. Romo practically carried their shitty team and that's how they repay him as he retires?

Pain most of you will never know

The fucking drive...

@78093772
@78094043
@78095210
@78095253
@78095351
I've been seeing you around for a week or so. What do you hope to accomplish by being a shithead in every football thread on Sup Forums?

If you don't have anything to add to a thread, don't post anything, you fucking chimp.
Niggers like you are why brazilians have a terrible rep through the internet.

That's not sad, that's hilarious

Weeded being birthed by america GOD BLESS

wew lads

Post fan despair.

I have no love for Peterson (UT grad, UT fan growing up) but it's very weird, he is one of the players I have the most memories of. My first live football game was Red River shootout (don't remember if it was '04 or '05) but the guy behind us yelled "TEXAS TRAITOR" as loud as he could every time he got the ball.

Poor Kraft couldn't win one for his dead waifu

my dad was at that game lol

Holy fuck the feels...fuck Tom Brady

The snes crushing his soul this playoffs was great

It's this isn't it?

>tfw cried for a good 5 minutes after that game
I was high as shit, but still

this guy cost his team the cfl championship with a penalty where he was the extra player on the field

>it's september 2017 and jake delhomme just threw another interception

Kek. You know, I actually supported Kevin Durant's decision to leave Thunder and really didn't mind. But once he got his hands on that trophy it just felt wrong...it just felt empty. First time I ever felt this...

Saddest ones yet

The 49ers image swap

Larry Fitzgerald's reaction to the Santonio Holmes catch was quite devastating

The only knock on Romo was he didn't accomplish much

The one of many knocks on the cowboys was they never built a complete team around Romo just a complete oline

Obvious classic.

that was a good thread

Felt so sorry for Brady, I turned of the TV and didn't watch the rest of the game.
How did it turn out?

We´ll do better this year, you´ll see.

Probably a picture of that guy being out at first but the ump calling him safe and that mexican dude being lost to history forever by being robbed of a perfect game

no no, the *saddest* NFL picture, not the one that restores our faith in humanity

College and a .gif but whatev

that hurts watching it

Damn, I never thought I could feel for Kraft. It's rough that life has to work out like this.

Enjoy the QB controversy of Glennon vs Trubisky, compa

This isn't sad it's a touching moment between mentor and student and how proud pop is who he became

>The only knock on Romo was he didn't accomplish much

Nobody could ever achieve better than he did there. The owner is a clown who constantly piss-arsed with the management of a profession he would not get an entry level coaching job in.

>sent to actual butt-pounding prison for shitposting
loving every laugh

And what exactly has Dak accomplished? A playoff loss to a team that had a WR playing RB?

Well, you can't do worse

I don't like Romo but Cowboys fans are ungrateful little bitches. He has handled all the Dak situation with class and humility.

I fucking love this

Come and see

This is exactly what is happening to Jr. in /turnleft/ this year. At least his dad got to go out in a blaze of glory and become a legend. Jr. will do the broadcasts for a while then fade into obscurity.

I don't come to Sup Forums for feels wtf I hate sports now

tbf that man is probably in better shape than you