General Grevious, you're shorter than I expected

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
youtube.com/watch?v=7WQqEl4pMJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=buyflmtHcHc
youtube.com/watch?v=9iYAqzPBT94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

UUUU

Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!

*coughs*splutters*

YOUR LIGHTSABERS WILL MAKE A FINE ADDITION TO MY COLLECTION

I hate how this one throwaway quip made it so Anakin and Grevious never saw each other in the Clone Wars

Why didn't Mace Windu just imprison Sheev with Ray Shields?

Genndy Wars was better anyway

Unlimited Power > Ray Shields

This post, combined with the fact that you watch childrens' cartoons in the first place, is a severe sign of autism.

Baron von Killngton
Admiral Evilberg
Major Paine

*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

>The Sith lord they have been looking for for generations
>The root of everything against the Jedis and the Republic
>Brings 2 shitty jedis as backup to capture him

that clone wars cartoon made me think he was going to be some big bad, then when the film came out he was just an asthmatic coward. with a weird accent

> oh noooo my leage!!!

>Confront him in private instead of in front of witnesses so that if he uses his Sith powers the Jedi's accusations would be vindicated to the public

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

But star wars is for children.

It's "liege", mudslime

youtube.com/watch?v=7WQqEl4pMJ0

This whole scene might be one of the worst in the prequels

If they did it in public he could just cry coup and everyone would be against the jedis

Manlets btfo

This line no longer makes sense with the clone wars series, Anakin has met Grevious a few times.

Did you forget about Episode II?
youtube.com/watch?v=buyflmtHcHc

So? At least he'd be dead and thus there'd be no Empire and nobody to execute Order 66.

>evilberg
>berg

Shut it down

>coward

>General Grievous
>Coward
>doe an incredibly dangerous escape by depressurizing his own bridge and running along the OUTSIDE OF HIS SHIP IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE after a daring raid on the very capital of the Republc
>Despite having Obi-Wan tremendously outnumbered, challenges him to single combat instead of just having 10,000 droids shoot him

If anything he was stupidly brave.

Which is still canon funny enough.

>implying

Scene redeemed by Natalie Porttman almost popping out of that dress.

>establishes opening atmosphere to a vacuum blows you out
>grievous opens a hatch to another section from outside and drops in easily

He had bravado. Thats like false bravery

His whole duel strategy was based on flashy lightsabers and intimidation but there wasn't anything behind it

I like the part where that death watch woman spanks Ahsoka. That got my peepee hard.

Shit webm, friendo

He was a badly written, inconsistent buffoon

>He had bravado. Thats like false bravery
How is it false bravery when he's actually doing those things.

>His whole duel strategy was based on flashy lightsabers and intimidation but there wasn't anything behind it
He let his hand get cut off and continued the fight for a bit even when a clone army arrived. What was the fake part?

>shooter is 5'3
>wearing a star wars shirt

the memes are penetrating our reality. soon kek will take his final form.

Yeah. But one of the big flaws in the way he was written was that he was supposed to be a coward but Lucas accidentally made him psychotically fearless because he couldn't figure out how to have a fight with him.

The fake part is he talks a big game but isnt willing to fight to the death. He was willing to fight on the bridge until it was two jedi on one and so he had his droids step in

He was willing to fight obiwan until he got his hands cut off and had his droids step in again. Thats why he has bravado

>The fake part is he talks a big game but isnt willing to fight to the death.
He takes obscene risks for no reason. I wouldn't accuse him of being a coward for not cutting out long before he does with Obi-wan. As it is, he's basically being hugely stupid, not cowardly.

What is wrong with prequel kids? It's like they never learned any independent thought at all. A character or writer or director says something and suddenly it's the truth.

>lightsaber goes right through her torso at the end.

Was this a reddit quip pre-reddit?

yeah

That show has Beast Wars level of animation.

It actually had animation that was too good. Lucas literally paid millions out of pocket for the show to keep its budget

patrician taste my friend

you serious, he really did that?

Always thought the animation looked amazing and well the show is better than most of the movies

>star wars nerds ruining a quip thread

They all are literally the same, except the Windu's one. Why would he collect them.

Yep, pretty much funded the bulk of the second half of the show himself. Single episodes cost more than a million each for some arcs.

Say what you will about Lucas, he's passionate as fuck about his creation

unironic... like this line

More like he's passionate about getting his way. He hates studios telling him what he can or can't do. Bet he only used his money to stick it to someone.

thats amazing. Always felt like it was what the prequals should have been and that it highlighted the best qualites of lucas were you have him involved more creatively, coming up with all these crazy shit while proper writers/directors tweak it and work on the characters.

glad it was a big hit in it's time. Remember when i worked my first real summer jo job at Mcdonalds back in 09' we had this huge clone wars campaign going with toys and comics, kids loved it. I didn't get in to it until years later tho hah

Wasn't it 5 Jedi? Weren't all or most of them Jedi Masters?

Chlooooooooooooooooooooo Burns The Coal

>youtube.com/watch?v=9iYAqzPBT94
Luke Did I ever tell you about the time I crashed a frigate not a runway on a city planet with your father, this droid here and the Emperor?

I agree senpai

Why did the planet have a runway?

to land ships

have a webm

This is the Grievous we should have gotten in the movies, it would have made up for the death of Maul.

Maybe the airlock tunnel was already depressurized. It's not like the droids using them need air to breathe.

no he hasnt, they make a point of never having the two of them meet

it's always obi wan

His problem is that he made one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises throughout. each episode following the Jedi knight and his pals from the Jedi Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lucas vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable merchandising and toy lines. The Star Wars series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the original trilogy was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the movies were terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character was wishing another goodbye, they said "May the Force be with you".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lucas' mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Star Wars by the same Gene Roddenberry. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Star Trek." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch Star Trek.

Different hilts, f a m.

god this was so good, i got goosebumps

the clones are so fucking based

good job

>how can we make this scene fucking awesome?
>do the thing yoda did in Ep3
>ok
>but dude
>yeah?
>double it

Ya. Even in the 3d animation clone wars he was a twat who always loses. All he managed to do is to pick off jedi who were recently promoted from padawan.

But the ships land vertically

(you)

I like how the green screen is literally reflected on their clothing, prolly was even more prominent without the post-production

Jesus lucas what a hack

>Star Trek
>le post scarcity society
>mature
lol

Dew it

smelly boy

He seems to be on top of things.

your meme will make a fine addition to my collection

Explain how it isn't mature.
>the economics only work one way meme

Really makes you think.

>REEEEEE POST SCARCITY!!!!! I GOTTA BE ABLE TO BUY MUH CHEESEBUGHAS

Well for one thing it's not actually post scarcity, it's just a handwavey way to insert a communist "humanity has evolved" (evolution dooesn't work that way btw) meme into the dumb forehead aliens show.

the only argument commies have is a sci fi tv show
let that sink in

>shoehorn muh communist boogey woogey man reasoning
Right, none of this was an argument

it's not economics it's resources
you know it's pure fantasy

Post scarcity isn't even explicitly communist you fucking retard. It will eventually be the logical conclusion to human society and market systems.

What Clone Wars episode is this?

>How can I show an optimistic future for humanity?
>I'll handwave the source of all conflict away with magic replicators
>Forget to actually remove scarcity forcing my mary sue civilization to rely on the capitalist cartoon stereotype species to get a representation of value for trade

At least Star Wars admits it's childish fantasy.

Are you autistic?

>It will eventually be the logical conclusion to human society and market systems.
The logical conclusion to human society and market systems is infinity and violation of the laws of physics? I really hope you're right.

But he was referring to the Federation being a communisty civilization and this being justified through the poorly thought out ambiguously post scarcity replicator based economy, anyway.

>Jesus lucas what a hack

Whatever disney shill. Enjoy your character-less Rogue One and Han Solo movie

>Are you autistic?
No I'm not into Star Trek.

>It will eventually be the logical conclusion to human society and market systems
people literally believe machines will make clothes and burgers out of nothing
and you think you are mature

true if yoda and mace had tag teamed him he would have gone down in seconds

fucking shit

Post-scarcity requires sufficient technology to perpetually provide necessities for an ever growing population. Either perpetual providing, or having a epic reservoir of necessities.

It's basically magic in reality. In fact, you're better off just using magic than hoping for post-scarcity.

Grevious was a robot right?

how the fuck can a robot beat jedis

He's a cyborg.

>how the fuck can a robot beat jedis
Apparently precognition but burdened with human reaction time is comparable to no precognition but super fast computer reaction time.

He cant

He got his shit slapped in

>Anakin...you're breaking my bank
>I don't know if I can loan you anymore

What about the fucking droid attack on the goddamn Wookies?