Swans

I've been listening to a lot of Swans recently and I as much as I love them I'd want to listen to bands making similar music. Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xuEgLvsaH-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=T3APNH8pcRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GY!BE has a similar atmosphere

I hate Swans. I always have. That guy is a complete fucking waste. Just a total fucking waste of life as an opportunity to accomplish anything.

GG Allin had the balls to actually play with his own shit; Gira subjected his audience to the aural equivalent.

sometimes all people want is a wave of noise and something to move to. music is much more fluid than you think it is.

its pasta user
couldn't agree less, especially so in relation to OP's picture
What exactly do you like about them OP? What of Swans discog have you heard and what are you looking for going forward?

youtube.com/watch?v=xuEgLvsaH-Y
xiu xiu might work for you

some people think this sounds similar, I'm not sure i do but i get why (i prefer Carla tb honest)
youtube.com/watch?v=T3APNH8pcRU

Check out The Body, Godflesh, Scott Walker (Tilt, Drift, Bisch Bosh trilogy)

been listening to a lot of Swans lately as well. It occurred to me that while they're all pretty edgy and serious, the 2010s albums seem to have a lot more fun undertone? Idk it seems like Gira was actually enjoying himself making those, especially on the Seer.

God! That "Swans" album is so bad! I dont know how anybody can think its good. Its just a guy vomiting/shouting into a microphone and loud noise instruments all cacophonous. How anyone thinks that's music is beyon me. And no, this isint a copypasta or sarcasm, its my true belief. I think the only rason it's popular is because theneedledrop reviewed it and gave it a hiscore. seriously, you only think you like it but if you actually just put on your headphones it's trash tier music.

THE UNIVERSAL....

MIIIAYAYAYAYAAAYYAYAYAAIIIND

I think to be kind is one of their most "fun" records, probably the most fun since Filth.
Especially with tracks like
>a little god in my hands
>oxygen
And just Giras crazy vocals

You'll love pop music since you enjoy listening to songs made up of four chords repeated ad nauseam so much.

you either love it or you hate it

Your grammar makes it really hard to believe this isn't a pasta

nobody cares about you, Chris Ott..

if ye talking about ""apocalypticness"", there's godspeed first album and, arguably, have a nice life's DC

if ye talking about no-wave, there's early-early Sonic Youth..

but, if ye are talking about SFTB, i'm sorry, but there's nothing quite like it

what comes close to it are Coil's The Ape of Naples and/or CUrrent93's entire discography (more especially I Have a Plan for this WOrld)... but they are close to SFTB like... the Artic is close to the Antartic..

gud stuff, m8

The closest things you'll get are literally swans side projects. Everything is Good Here/Please Come Home by Angels of Light is an excellent place to start.

Some other excellence in We are Him and Sing Other People.

why is the baby crying is it alright? also swans at my park are prety silent nice to hear yours are more willing to make some birdsong

PiL
Chrome
This Heat
Sonic Youth
Glenn Branca
Throbbing Gristle